Can Cashman get some Kudos?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t understand the Longoria interest. He is in slow decline. Maybe they are trying to package him with Archer.

If Cashman thinks they really need a sixth starter then he doesn’t think Adams can be successful as the injury fill in starter. The more I read about Cole the less I like. The other four all seem like better moves. Corbin would be the cheapest in prospects and has produced as well as Cole.
The #1 reason to get Longoria is so he doesn’t play against the Yanks. He kills them.
I don’t think he’s declining but I don’t care if they get him though I’d prefer Torres/andujar

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The #1 reason to get Longoria is so he doesn’t play against the Yanks. He kills them.
I don’t think he’s declining but I don’t care if they get him though I’d prefer Torres/andujar

I prefer sticking with the young guys too. Torres looked great last spring. He could go to AAA and get his service time extended and be back by June if his arm is strong. I don't like 5 years of Longoria. Maybe the idea is more veteran leadership. I would take another year of Todd Frazier. But his agent is pushing for a three year contract. His energetic leadership style was perfect with the young players. Maybe if he doesn't get any bites he will cave. Otherwise let Andujar compete in Spring training and make a decision then.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I prefer sticking with the young guys too. Torres looked great last spring. He could go to AAA and get his service time extended and be back by June if his arm is strong. I don't like 5 years of Longoria. Maybe the idea is more veteran leadership. I would take another year of Todd Frazier. But his agent is pushing for a three year contract. His energetic leadership style was perfect with the young players. Maybe if he doesn't get any bites he will cave. Otherwise let Andujar compete in Spring training and make a decision then.
Torres will be up by May and they keep his service time in check. His arm strength is fine, he had Tommy John on his non throwing arm....
Could look to get Machado in 19 fa if 3B is a problem this year

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Torres will be up by May and they keep his service time in check. His arm strength is fine, he had Tommy John on his non throwing arm....
Could look to get Machado in 19 fa if 3B is a problem this year

He still needs the none throwing arm up to strength to not affect hitting.

I get that Cashman is considering the success of adding Wade Boggs to a young team. And maybe Longoria would be rejuvenated in this line up. Adding another pitcher and a guy like him is a pedal to the medal approach. Old school Yankees. I like it but still 5 years of Longoria may be too much. I'd prefer the one year contracts until the find a younger long-term answer.

Machado has expressed interest in playing shortstop again. I wonder if that would affect t his free agent decisions.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He still needs the none throwing arm up to strength to not affect hitting.

I get that Cashman is considering the success of adding Wade Boggs to a young team. And maybe Longoria would be rejuvenated in this line up. Adding another pitcher and a guy like him is a pedal to the medal approach. Old school Yankees. I like it but still 5 years of Longoria may be too much. I'd prefer the one year contracts until the find a younger long-term answer.

Machado has expressed interest in playing shortstop again. I wonder if that would affect t his free agent decisions.
Torres has been hitting for almost 2 months. He'll be ready for spring training. They'll hold him off the roster until may to save an arbitration year, but it wont be a health thing.
I'm fine with the team as it stands. If Frazier came back on a reasonable 2 year deal that would be great but we'll see about that.
Still trying to warm up to the Stanton deal, all things considered, I'm not all that thrilled about it

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Torres has been hitting for almost 2 months. He'll be ready for spring training. They'll hold him off the roster until may to save an arbitration year, but it wont be a health thing.
I'm fine with the team as it stands. If Frazier came back on a reasonable 2 year deal that would be great but we'll see about that.
Still trying to warm up to the Stanton deal, all things considered, I'm not all that thrilled about it

I like the Stanton deal now. Maybe I won't toward the end of the contract. At least it doesn't go until he is 37. Stanton could opt out too. The only drawback with it for me is that big men wear down faster and the Yankees are now relying on two of them, three if you count Gary Sanchez at catcher. Plus Bird has had his problems.

Jim Leyritz is claiming that the Yankees and Todd Frazier's agent are working on a two year deal now. One other outlet reported the same. There won't be room for Andujar with a two year deal, unless it doesn't have a no trade clause.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the Stanton deal now. Maybe I won't toward the end of the contract. At least it doesn't go until he is 37. Stanton could opt out too. The only drawback with it for me is that big men wear down faster and the Yankees are now relying on two of them, three if you count Gary Sanchez at catcher. Plus Bird has had his problems.

Jim Leyritz is claiming that the Yankees and Todd Frazier's agent are working on a two year deal now. One other outlet reported the same. There won't be room for Andujar with a two year deal, unless it doesn't have a no trade clause.
What I dislike about the Stanton deal is what it does to the outfield. There was such magic last year, and the thought of moving Judge to left field just really ticks me off. Only center fielder we have is Hicks, who is probably the easiest OF to move. Losing Castro? They had so much chemistry, Didi and Castro are very close, and made a great DP combo, and Castro was great with the younger spanish speaking players. He will be missed.
The irony of this thread is that it started based on what Cashman was able to accomplish in building the farm and having a team of home grown players. And now they seem to have reverted a little bit with acquiring guys.
Andujar is an interesting player. From what I understand, they liken him to a Reifsnyder, quality bat with limited power and sub par infield defense, no definite position.
Girardi was great with managing that DH spot, rotating guys in to give a "half day off", I have a feeling Stanton may end up dominating those.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I have avoided this thread not because I hate the Yankees.....which I do lol. But because I am so irritated by my Red Sox.

Now I have a lot of Yankee friends here and you all have been gracious when giving the Sox credit they didnt deserve. Also bear in mind I have not read this entire thread so if I missed anything my apologies.

Cashman done a great job turning this team around. Built a farm system in no time really. Hit some home runs like Judge...what was he a 3rd round pick? Pretty good value there. What I like about what the Yankees did over the years is they focused on what they could control. They were short on starters so they loaded up with relievers. Now they have a dominant bullpen and starters who have potential to be stars, specifically Severino.

I love the Stanton deal for the Yankees. Cashman did a great job controlling an out of control payroll and now that they are almost there, big money coming off next year, right? They can make a move like Stanton. On top of that they have a farm system that allows them to trade for a starter if one becomes available........Sox got Sale in February. Also if Baltimore gets desperate they can make a deal for Machado, or wait till he hits FA.

Cashman took the assets he had and turned around this franchise again and are now poised for a long run. They can secure their core and make a big splash in FA to tie up any loose ends.

Well done Cashman, now if we can rid ourselves of Dombrowski and get a GM with an imagination we might be able to talk about the greatest rivalry in sports again!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What I dislike about the Stanton deal is what it does to the outfield. There was such magic last year, and the thought of moving Judge to left field just really ticks me off. Only center fielder we have is Hicks, who is probably the easiest OF to move. Losing Castro? They had so much chemistry, Didi and Castro are very close, and made a great DP combo, and Castro was great with the younger spanish speaking players. He will be missed.
The irony of this thread is that it started based on what Cashman was able to accomplish in building the farm and having a team of home grown players. And now they seem to have reverted a little bit with acquiring guys.
Andujar is an interesting player. From what I understand, they liken him to a Reifsnyder, quality bat with limited power and sub par infield defense, no definite position.
Girardi was great with managing that DH spot, rotating guys in to give a "half day off", I have a feeling Stanton may end up dominating those.

I get what your saying. It would be cool to have an all Yankee farm team. I was rooting for it with Fowler at center with Judge and Clint as the outfield. Bird, Torres, Didi, and Andujarr infield and Sanchez at Catcher. Then have Tyler Austin and Wade as bench players.

The clock has obviously been turned ahead.

The last I read about Andujar was that his play at third really improved last season and he is looking like a serviceable fielder and an excellent hitter. Hit was only a game but his ability at the plate makes me want to see what he can do before shipping him out. Maybe I will have to go to Scranton and see for myself

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get what your saying. It would be cool to have an all Yankee farm team. I was rooting for it with Fowler at center with Judge and Clint as the outfield. Bird, Torres, Didi, and Andujarr infield and Sanchez at Catcher. Then have Tyler Austin and Wade as bench players.

The clock has obviously been turned ahead.

The last I read about Andujar was that his play at third really improved last season and he is looking like a serviceable fielder and an excellent hitter. Hit was only a game but his ability at the plate makes me want to see what he can do before shipping him out. Maybe I will have to go to Scranton and see for myself
Scranton is such a cool park, never seen a game there but have stayed at a hotel that over looks it.
I still like Clint Frazier, but with him not being CF, I dont see where he fits.
Maybe Judge will play CF.
I say that as a joke, but he's almost athletic enough to pull it off...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yankees Pirates talks cooled off, and now they are heated back up. The Pirates were insisting that Torres be the headliner. The Yankees want it to be Frazier with maybe Adams. They supposedly said no way they include Torres.

I hope that is true. Cole had one ace type year followed by two mediocre seasons. He isn't worth Torres, nor Frazier IMO. I really thought they could get Fullmer for Frazier/Adams. Supposedly they started vetting Patrick Corbin. Was that real, or just to get the Pirates back into talking?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I read that the Purates were insisting on Torres. Fuck that. The Red Sox traded Moncado and a bit more for Sale. Cole is nowhere near Sale talent.

I hope Cashman moves on from that trade. .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mike Axisa said that all of the Gerrit Cole trade talks are being generated by Pittsburgh. Other than having preliminary discussions about him the Yankees are denying all of the latest reports regarding potential trade scenarios.

So, is Pittsburgh trying to generate more interest in Cole and get other teams to offer more than New York, or is Cashmen just denying because that is what he does?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As a Cardinals fan, can y'all please not trade Torres for Cole?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The latest rumoR is that Cold is the Yankees prefer Cold to other targets.

The package now is Cold and Harrison for Andujar, Frazier, and Adams.

Harrison is a better defender, but not a great hitter. I would like to see what Anddujar develops into.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
The latest rumoR is that Cold is the Yankees prefer Cold to other targets.

The package now is Cold and Harrison for Andujar, Frazier, and Adams.

Harrison is a better defender, but not a great hitter. I would like to see what Anddujar develops into.
I think Harrison is a good addition until the Yankees are for sure that Torres is ready to play in the Majors. Even when Torres is ready Harrison still has value because of his versatility.

Adding Cole just solidifies that rotation so well. I know Cole’s numbers were trending in the wrong direction last year, but I think it was a fluke. If the home run increase wasn’t a fluke, Cole could struggle mightily making a lot of starts in Yankee Stadium.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Harrison is a good addition until the Yankees are for sure that Torres is ready to play in the Majors. Even when Torres is ready Harrison still has value because of his versatility.

Adding Cole just solidifies that rotation so well. I know Cole’s numbers were trending in the wrong direction last year, but I think it was a fluke. If the home run increase wasn’t a fluke, Cole could struggle mightily making a lot of starts in Yankee Stadium.

I recently read that all of the leaks were from the Pirates. Cashman claims that their asking price is unrealistic. Right now he is saying that they are comfortable rolling with the pitchers and fielding prospects they have and aren’t looking to get involved in trade talks until teams start lowering demands.

I am fine with that. I dont want Torres or Sheffield dealt. The Yankees were offering Frazier and Adams supposedly. That is a good offer for Cole. I agree about Harrison. He could be a valuable player with his versatility.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I recently read that all of the leaks were from the Pirates. Cashman claims that their asking price is unrealistic. Right now he is saying that they are comfortable rolling with the pitchers and fielding prospects they have and aren’t looking to get involved in trade talks until teams start lowering demands.

I am fine with that. I dont want Torres or Sheffield dealt. The Yankees were offering Frazier and Adams supposedly. That is a good offer for Cole. I agree about Harrison. He could be a valuable player with his versatility.
The Pirates know they don’t hold the upper hand in a trade with the Yankees. And like you stated, Cashman is perfectly content to go into the season with what they have. I think a trade of Frazier, Adams, and a Trevor Stephan for Cole and Harrison would be fair for both sides. Yanks would probably have to include another prospect in their system around the 20-25 rank. I don’t know much about the Yankees minor leagues though. I’m not a Yankees fan. Maybe Billy McKinney, but I know he regained some value.