Can anyone recommend a good wireless security camera

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

system?

Some dickhead decided to jump the blockwall in the dead of night and steal my pool vacuum. Of course they couldnt do it last month and take the old vacumm that was on its last leg.

Has to be wireless. I am not running wires all over the place. Also must have night vision, preferably HD.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Unfortunately, you might be better off with triggered flood lights with some fake dome cameras. I used to manage properties and even the really spendy systems took such lousy video at night that the cops wouldn't even pursue it for the most part.

I can look into it a bit though. Maybe in 6 years, they've come up with some better technology.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
Unfortunately, you might be better off with triggered flood lights with some fake dome cameras. I used to manage properties and even the really spendy systems took such lousy video at night that the cops wouldn't even pursue it for the most part.

I can look into it a bit though. Maybe in 6 years, they've come up with some better technology.

Yeah I already installed the lights after it happened.. 5 of these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MU ... 00_s00_i00

Its like a football stadium when they go off.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Do you want something that will alert you when someone comes in, or just something that will record it so you can then turn it over to the police?

PhxRam

bluecoconuts said:
Do you want something that will alert you when someone comes in, or just something that will record it so you can then turn it over to the police?

something that alerts me so I can pop a cap.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah most alarm systems these days will send the signal to your smart phone and the security cameras will as well. At least that way if you have a couple cameras positioned you can see if it is a cat or some douche bag. Of course I'd like to bust a cap in some of the neighborhood cats that like to leave presents around at night. :cheese:

PhxRam

RamFan503 said:
Yeah most alarm systems these days will send the signal to your smart phone and the security cameras will as well. At least that way if you have a couple cameras positioned you can see if it is a cat or some douche bag. Of course I'd like to bust a cap in some of the neighborhood cats that like to leave presents around at night. :cheese:

tell me about it.. My horseshoe pits have become a litter box.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I have a vivotek with night vision... I think I paid approx $450

PhxRam

interference said:

Something you recommend?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
PhxRam said:
interference said:

Something you recommend?
Yes, been extremely happy with it. Excellent night vision resolution, which was one of our primary requirements. And when I say night vision, I mean absolutely no visible light in the room, and pic still looks great, as it uses IR.

Also, it's a network camera, so just plug into an RJ-45 cable hooked-up to your router and existing computer network, and you can view on any computer within the network or even remotely via the Internet.

http://www.vivotek.com/web/Product/Prod ... del=FD8161

2012051014353769--banner_fd8161.jpg

If I recall, there is a model available with higher resolution, as this one is 2MegaPixel, but I think it was considerable more expensive. Part of me wishes we have opted for the more expensive one, but I forget it's model number.