Can Akers reach 1,000 yards?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, ok, I *might* be still a little high on Kool Aid after last night's evisceration of the Pats, but still....
It sure seems like Akers has begun taking over the majority of the carries in this offense and seemingly will continue to do so.
So... is 1,000 yards possible?
He's currently at 528, leaving quite a delta of 472 yards, or 157 per game for the last 3.
BUT
He's rolling to the tune of 5.6 YPC since taking over the snaps. At that rate, he'd need 85 carries in the last 3 games to do it.
Frankly, I dont know if he'll need that many.
The Jets just suck, and after they get rolled by the Seahawks, they will be totally done.
I could see him rolling up a monster number, chasing that "rookie single game record", then getting a fair share of carries in the last 2 games, clinching division and hopefully clinching #2 seed

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love to see it but I don't think McVay is going to favor one guy enough to allow it to happen. I'd wager we keep the 3 rolling to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's got 600 total yards - 134 total yards as an average over three games sounds more doable

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Somebody has to be that guy, I will fall on the sword....

So... Who was totally wrong about Cam Akers? Is it too early for crow?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Don't know if he'll get it,but he SURE as Hell showed Heart last night.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be nice but likely won’t happen.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Does it count as a 1000 yard season if you include playoff yards? In that case I think YES, its possible!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Highly doubt it. Next year, though, I can see both Akers and Henderson as the star backs who can both run, catch out of the backfield and pass protect.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jets are strong vs the run. Gonna be tough to run on them but never know and if we do roll up big ground yards on them it will be a great sign.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Highly doubt it. Next year, though, I can see both Akers and Henderson as the star backs who can both run, catch out of the backfield and pass protect.

I think both will be important and good players for us but as long as Akers can handle the load of being the starting back, Henderson will be in a complimentary role. I think he will still get a lot of touches but I think sooner or later Cam Akers is going to be the guy and Henderson and Brown or whoever next season will be great depth.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jets are strong vs the run.

This was a problem that has dogged this team since the Detroit game in 2018. However, now it seems like McVay has opened up the playbook and the Rams can beat you with the pass OR the run! This offense is no longer one-dimensional, and can beat you in many ways. 12 personnel, 11 personnel... the Rams can switch back and forth, totally confusing opponents, which gives them the advantage they need to go deep in the playoffs. Nice job McVay!

And Cam Akers looks pretty good. He showed patience and one-cut vision. I haven't seen him look that good all year, with the exception of that one long run he had.

Ram65

Legend
Akers is on a different level than Henderson. I am still a big fan of Henderson though.

Akers makes subtle moves inside or outside that make the defense hesitate or move slightly out of position. Then he explodes through the hole. He turns small openings into 4 yards and follows open lanes for big yards. He also packs a big punch. Henderson is more striaght to the hole. I think Henderson could cut outside more with his quickness.

I think McVay will make him more of the featured RB. @dieterbrock with a monster game against the Jets I can see him getting near 1000 yards McVay probably wants to get that run game going toward the playoffs. Considering his attempts 800 yards would be a great rookie year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No chance. McVay isn't going to run Akers into the ground before the playoffs. But he'll have 1000+ yard rushing seasons for us in the future. The Cardinals, Jets, and Seahawks are very vulnerable to passing attacks. Akers will get carries, but there's no reason not to let Goff have a little fun in these games.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
No chance. McVay isn't going to run Akers into the ground before the playoffs. But he'll have 1000+ yard rushing seasons for us in the future. The Cardinals, Jets, and Seahawks are very vulnerable to passing attacks. Akers will get carries, but there's no reason not to let Goff have a little fun in these games.

Goff will still win the Rams some more games this season.