Camp Report Friday 7/25/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamGal

UDFA
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I used to post on another forum as South County Girl. So, you may know me from there. Here's my first post in this forum, from camp today. My son and I went after the storm, arrived around 4 p.m.

• Sam Bradford is moving well and has no hesitation with the knee.
  • Jake Long walking well, doing exercises, did not practice.
  • Robert Quinn is unstoppable. He's in the backfield as much as Bradford and Stacy.
  • Aaron Donald is a beast and can't be stopped.
  • The pass rush is furious. There is so much speed and power in the DL.
  • Kenny Britt didn't impress much, although he had a nice catch and run near the end of practice. He got a good block from Chris Givens and made the most of it. Bradford talked to Britt a couple of times after certain plays. Maybe telling him the route?
  • Jared Cook made a couple of nice catches. Both of these guys are BIG.
  • Austin Pettis knows the playbook backward and forward. He runs nice routes and made a nice catch on a lame duck pass from Austin Davis.
  • Garrett Gilbert shows promise, but needs coaching on his footwork.
  • JL has complete command of the defense, makes all the calls, tells everybody what to do.
  • TJ Moe had limited chances, didn't see much from him. I don't recall any passes thrown his way.
  • MSam on the field as a pass-rusher, and was right in the middle of a running play. When he wasn't playing, he stood on the side, like everyone else. No special attention given to him by team and he did nothing to attract attention to himself...just another guy on the field.

In short, I'm glad our offense never has to play our defense in a game. Sack City is here.
There was a nice crowd today, lots of media on hand. The Rams keep improving the training camp experience for the fans...much better than even 2 years ago.

That's all for today. We'll try to go out again on Sunday.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I used to post on another forum as South County Girl. So, you may me from there. Here's my first post in this forum, from camp today. My son and I went after the storm, arrived around 4 p.m.

• Robert Quinn is unstoppable. He's in the backfield as much as Bradford and Stacy.
  • Kenny Britt didn't impress much, although he had a nice catch and run near the end of practice. He got a good block from Chris Givens and made the most of it. Bradford talked to Britt a couple of times after certain plays. Maybe telling him the route?
  • Austin Pettis knows the playbook backward and forward. He runs nice routes and made a nice catch on a lame duck pass from Austin Davis.
  • JL has complete command of the defense, makes all the calls, tells everybody what to do.
  • TJ Moe had limited chances, didn't see much from him. I don't recall any passes thrown his way.
  • MSam on the field as a pass-rusher, and was right in the middle of a running play. When he wasn't playing, he stood on the side, like everyone else. No special attention given to him by team and he did nothing to attract attention to himself...just another guy on the field.

In short, I'm glad our offense never has to play our defense in a game. Sack City is here.
There was a nice crowd today, lots of media on hand. The Rams keep improving the training camp experience for the fans...much better than even 2 years ago.

Welcome to ROD RamGal! Nice 1st post! Find yourself a Good avatar, and enjoy! Lots of Knowledge to be had here!:D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks RamGal. Welcome to the ARE OH DEE.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I used to post on another forum as South County Girl. So, you may me from there. Here's my first post in this forum, from camp today. My son and I went after the storm, arrived around 4 p.m.

Thanks! My daughter and I were by the 101 ESPN booth.

The D line was 100% impressive. I can't say how many sacks they would have gotten, but I'm pretty sure I saw Quinn and Donald break through, get to Bradford, and stand behind Bradford talking while the pass still wasn't thrown.

RamGal

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! My daughter and I were by the 101 ESPN booth.

The D line was 100% impressive. I can't say how many sacks they would have gotten, but I'm pretty sure I saw Quinn and Donald break through, get to Bradford, and stand behind Bradford talking while the pass still wasn't thrown.

I saw your selfie in your post. We saw you guys there! Next time, I'll look for you and your daughter.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I saw your selfie in your post. We saw you guys there! Next time, I'll look for you and your daughter.

Sounds good. One of my daughters will be there with me. It's not like I give them a choice!

I think by the 101ESPN tent will be our regular spot for now.

Alan

Legend
RamGal sticking her dainty toes into the warm and inviting waters:
TC stuff
Thanks for the TC report. We can never get enough of it. :banana:
Welcome to the ROD RamGal! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting: :seizure: :rockon: :cheers:
I think you'll like it here. You needn't feel alone in a sea of testosterone as you're not the only poster of the fairer sex here. (y)
This is a great community comprised of a varied and international group of very knowledgeable posters, most of whom have a great sense of humor. We use blue font when we're just joking around so if you come across something in that font color don't take it at face value. :LOL:
images

What I am doing; how I am being as I am doing it; and does it bring honor to my community? What is the lesson in what I am doing? And most importantly, am I having fun?
Iyanla Vanzant

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Welcome RamGal, I recently made my way over here from the 'other' site as well... ROD is 10,000 times better.

Great report. I'll be out there on Sunday with my little boy... hope to see you there.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Welcome RamGal, I recently made my way over here from the 'other' site as well... ROD is 10,000 times better.

Great report. I'll be out there on Sunday with my little boy... hope to see you there.

Stop by and say hi.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Love this inside stuff. Thanks for joining us RamGal! I say us but I'm really new too. First forum and last I'll be a part of in the foreseeable future. Now I think I'll just go to Sunday's practice and see for myself what they look like. Just don't expect my report to be as good as yours. :unsure: :welcome:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Love this inside stuff. Thanks for joining us RamGal! I say us but I'm really new too. First forum and last I'll be a part of in the foreseeable future. Now I think I'll just go to Sunday's practice and see for myself what they look like. Just don't expect my report to be as good as yours. :unsure: :welcome:
I think it will be just as good as any.
It's always nice to have an extra set of eyes in any situation. People tend have different views on what they see or may have missed.
Have fun.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I used to post on another forum as South County Girl. So, you may know me from there. Here's my first post in this forum, from camp today. My son and I went after the storm, arrived around 4 p.m.

Thanks Rams Gal. Please tell me that you also didn't go by the name Vermicelli Shelly.