Camp Report...9-17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Alright gents...go easy on me....I should have a couple pics tomorrow...Just phone stuff...Kids had a great time....here goes.....

Camp Report 9-17-15

My first live report and to be honest, I was more hyped about seeing these guys in person….

First take, yeah these guys are massive…I mean, Benny Cunningham was one of the first players I saw…Calves popping….Some unknown wr looked solid too. Saw Harkey…Damn near as big as most lineman….

Second, got to respect any camp report as there is a lot going on at the same time. How to follow? Take notes? Impossible…Just put away in the old memory bank…

What I saw, two fields split with one on one drills our wr vs the Cowboys db’s….Our RB’s & TE’s vs their LB’s & safeties…Same set up on the other field…Almost impossible for the defense to defend a one on one battle. So a bunch of wins on offense….Defense was kind of far away, with a big star displayed on some type of riser like thing (tower) that guys were on filming. What I did notice, Tru is solid…JJ is too…Checked out Roberson & Joyner…didn’t see many breakups….

Our wr’s did pretty well in the one on one’s….Kendrick’s looked pretty good…Didn’t really notice anyone else….

Horn blows the line w/rb’s goes against Cowboy front…Just line play, no backers…Gurley’s in this and seems to be half speed…Nothing to see really…Gurley, he’s huge too… One on ones still going on…different area of the field….still, meh….

Horn again, 11 on 11….Rams O vs Boys D….Finally, only not real hitting…but first run stuff….think a bomb to Tavon occurred…I think it was second play of scrimmage. Then a nice run by Benny. Seemed like Foles was in a great rhythm…Also, Cig seems to really call up some dimes…IMO, Tavon & Cook seem like big play receivers…everybody else is possession types.. They can make a big one, but more outs, curls, & crossers…Harkey, Bailey, Quick, and Givens all catch a bunch of passes… The running game wasn’t looking dominant, but had its moments. Washington was starting... Barnes was too…I think… Everybody else was the same…

2nd team O-line…ah well, can’t have everything…Depth is only important if guys go down…Not overly impressed with anyone…Donnal…Reynolds…but the group looks sloppy out there…So much pressure. Seem to be getting Davis ready for more time this next game... He took a bunch of snaps…Mannion & Keenum barely noticed them…In drills, Mannion throws a much better ball…

One of the last plays of 11 on 11, Quick catches a short pass, turns it up, only to be blasted to the ground. It almost popped off a brawl…But Fisher (Garrett was on the other field w/ his offense) talked to the troupes….Funny, the crowd was waiting for it, but the intensity was nothing like a game.

Defense…couldn’t see much…but I did see a #49 maybe…break something up…probably Roberson... Roberson, Jenks, and Tru Johnson are solid…The run defense looked pretty good, funny cause that is supposedly the next great wall of Dallas… No Murray, big problems…No Dez, bigger problems… Saw Dez doing the bungee stuff off to the side…He looked fine to me…

Saw Saffold…he’s okay…precautionary probably…..All in all, we match up well, physically, with anyone…
Again, it didn't appear like everyone was going all out, like in a game..Almost a silent understanding to go easy...And, IMO, we look like a much better team than Dallas...

If I think of anything later, I’ll add it…any questions, if I can I’ll answer…

TXRams86

The Infamous
are you from, like..the future?
reporting on camp from September :cautious:.

all jokes aside, thanks for the report. (y)

Alan

Legend
"And, IMO, we look like a much better team than Dallas..."
Now there's the bottom line stuff I like to hear!(y) :banana::popcorn: :rockon: :cheers:

Thanks for that CHAMP!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Glad you got a chance to go. It's cool to see these guys up and close like that. I always enjoy going to training camp. I just don't get a chance to see a whole lot because my kids are so small and running all over.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Great job Champ......thanks.... ;)

Go Rams............. ;)

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Thanks for the great write up. One question is if you could translate the "Cig seems to really call up some dimes"..? I'm ignorant as to what that means!

The Washington & Rhaney at guard stuff is interesting. I thought the whole point of signing G.Reynolds was exactly for if (when) Saffold got hurt. Maybe they are just trying to get the young guys more reps? But shouldn't Reynolds need some reps, it's not like he's plug & play automatically?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thanks for the report @LACHAMP46

Did you notice other Ram Fans at the practice or were you completely surrounded by a bunch of cowgirls ?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One question is if you could translate the "Cig seems to really call up some dimes"..? I'm ignorant as to what that means!
Well, the offense seems to really call plays that work, like big chunks...The Tavon bomb was followed by a long run, then a great 20+ yard pass to another receiver (TE?)...Sorta like the Raider scrimmage...The offense moves, in chunk yardage....Cig really has a way of putting back to back plays that work and has a defense scrambling....
Washington...my take ....I think the staff wants to see if this guy is worth keeping & starting...That way Reynolds real value is as a replacement during games for ANY lineman...except center of course...It was hard to tell if Washington did well...The passes had time, but the running game was clogged most of the 11 on 11...Better test would be the 2nd preseason game...He ran with the 1st & 2nd unit, so he got a lot of work....Everybody saw what we did last game...Lastly, I wouldn't worry about it much, the way Saffold was laughing & joking, I bet he could play if he needed to...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you notice other Ram Fans at the practice or were you completely surrounded by a bunch of cowgirls ?
Guesstimate, about 1500-2000....hell coulda been 500....but there were more Rams fans than boys fans...large crowd paid the extra $$$ to stand on the sideline...large crowd waited for autographs...

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

I wasn't there but the little bit they showed on NFL Total Access last night it looked like 99% rams fans there. they showed some bleachers and there were completely full of hundreds of rams fans.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Alright gents...go easy on me....I should have a couple pics tomorrow...Just phone stuff...Kids had a great time....here goes.....

Camp Report 9-17-15

My first live report and to be honest, I was more hyped about seeing these guys in person….

First take, yeah these guys are massive…I mean, Benny Cunningham was one of the first players I saw…Calves popping….Some unknown wr looked solid too. Saw Harkey…Damn near as big as most lineman….

Second, got to respect any camp report as there is a lot going on at the same time. How to follow? Take notes? Impossible…Just put away in the old memory bank…

What I saw, two fields split with one on one drills our wr vs the Cowboys db’s….Our RB’s & TE’s vs their LB’s & safeties…Same set up on the other field…Almost impossible for the defense to defend a one on one battle. So a bunch of wins on offense….Defense was kind of far away, with a big star displayed on some type of riser like thing (tower) that guys were on filming. What I did notice, Tru is solid…JJ is too…Checked out Roberson & Joyner…didn’t see many breakups….

Our wr’s did pretty well in the one on one’s….Kendrick’s looked pretty good…Didn’t really notice anyone else….

Horn blows the line w/rb’s goes against Cowboy front…Just line play, no backers…Gurley’s in this and seems to be half speed…Nothing to see really…Gurley, he’s huge too… One on ones still going on…different area of the field….still, meh….

Horn again, 11 on 11….Rams O vs Boys D….Finally, only not real hitting…but first run stuff….think a bomb to Tavon occurred…I think it was second play of scrimmage. Then a nice run by Benny. Seemed like Foles was in a great rhythm…Also, Cig seems to really call up some dimes…IMO, Tavon & Cook seem like big play receivers…everybody else is possession types.. They can make a big one, but more outs, curls, & crossers…Harkey, Bailey, Quick, and Givens all catch a bunch of passes… The running game wasn’t looking dominant, but had its moments. Washington was starting... Barnes was too…I think… Everybody else was the same…

2nd team O-line…ah well, can’t have everything…Depth is only important if guys go down…Not overly impressed with anyone…Donnal…Reynolds…but the group looks sloppy out there…So much pressure. Seem to be getting Davis ready for more time this next game... He took a bunch of snaps…Mannion & Keenum barely noticed them…In drills, Mannion throws a much better ball…

One of the last plays of 11 on 11, Quick catches a short pass, turns it up, only to be blasted to the ground. It almost popped off a brawl…But Fisher (Garrett was on the other field w/ his offense) talked to the troupes….Funny, the crowd was waiting for it, but the intensity was nothing like a game.

Defense…couldn’t see much…but I did see a #49 maybe…break something up…probably Roberson... Roberson, Jenks, and Tru Johnson are solid…The run defense looked pretty good, funny cause that is supposedly the next great wall of Dallas… No Murray, big problems…No Dez, bigger problems… Saw Dez doing the bungee stuff off to the side…He looked fine to me…

Saw Saffold…he’s okay…precautionary probably…..All in all, we match up well, physically, with anyone…
Again, it didn't appear like everyone was going all out, like in a game..Almost a silent understanding to go easy...And, IMO, we look like a much better team than Dallas...

If I think of anything later, I’ll add it…any questions, if I can I’ll answer…
It sounds Like you reacted to the experience the same way I would have ,had I been their!
Thanks for the report! I Liked it!
One question, I saw the Fans, in the Bleachers, on NFLN, What would you estimate the Fan count was!!?!:D

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Well, the offense seems to really call plays that work, like big chunks...The Tavon bomb was followed by a long run, then a great 20+ yard pass to another receiver (TE?)...Sorta like the Raider scrimmage...The offense moves, in chunk yardage....Cig really has a way of putting back to back plays that work and has a defense scrambling....
Washington...my take ....I think the staff wants to see if this guy is worth keeping & starting...That way Reynolds real value is as a replacement during games for ANY lineman...except center of course...It was hard to tell if Washington did well...The passes had time, but the running game was clogged most of the 11 on 11...Better test would be the 2nd preseason game...He ran with the 1st & 2nd unit, so he got a lot of work....Everybody saw what we did last game...Lastly, I wouldn't worry about it much, the way Saffold was laughing & joking, I bet he could play if he needed to...
Thanks again!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

Apparently they get 4,000 a day at Cowboys practice, and by looking at what they showed on NFL Network yesterday, the stands were full along with along the sidelines and endzones... it was packed. I would say every bit of 4,000 and they were mostly Rams fans.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Guesstimate, about 1500-2000....hell coulda been 500....but there were more Rams fans than boys fans...large crowd paid the extra $$$ to stand on the sideline...large crowd waited for autographs...
This is GREAT to hear!!(y)(y)(y)(y):D

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wow... I didn't watch any of the highlights on NFL Network. Surprised to hear that there were so many Ram Fans in attendance.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
It sounds Like you reacted to the experience the same way I would have ,had I been their!
Thanks for the report! I Liked it!
One question, I saw the Fans, in the Bleachers, on NFLN, What would you estimate the Fan count was!!?!:D
Sundays practice had about 2000 fans and (no rams) Mondays had about 7500 mostly rams fans

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Nice report! Thanks Champ! Glad you had fun with the kiddos. There is indeed a lot going on and the players do look a lot more imposing up close and in person...especially those linemen (Wang notwithstanding).

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for the report... well done! (y)