Camp Report 8/1/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
They are talking not serious, but maybe a day off or two, then back . . .but until they get better shot no one knows for sure

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think this would be the basis. http://www.kffl.com/player/16021/nfl/injury_history/jake-long

That said, I agree. He is going to be back week 1, and I'm glad that he is as he's a terrific linemen especially at run blocking. However this might be his last season here or in the NFL for that matter. I hope to God he stays reasonably healthy though with at least nothing major forcing him to miss a lot of time.

I understand and am well aware of his injury history, just saying he's been unfortunate with some freak accidents. An ACL tear and triceps tears like that are just random freak things that happen. He's not any more injury prone than most players. Reinjury shouldn't be any more a concern for him than anybody else imo. The basis of the argument I was talking about was that he looked at a list and called the guy an injury risk without context.

Alan

Legend
"Davin Joseph DNP"
Saffold's replacement seems to be injured too so....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd like to know where Saffold was lined up when he got "dinged."

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Where was Rodger lined up on the line when he got hurt?

Hopefully they are nothing serious. Losing Brockers would suck, but losing Saffold would be a bigger blow imo.

FRO

Legend
Sounds like a lot of guys out today. Fisher usually does a good job at keeping guys healthy and doesn't push them in training camp when they are dealing with minor stuff. It's all about being healthy week 1.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ha, sorry. I'm just not in the camp that believes Saffold will be more durable just because he lines up inside at Guard.

Idk, guess we will find out when we know where he was lined up.

So far the outside seems to be his kryptonite. Hopefully its nothing major and keep healthy along with the rest of the line this year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

So far the outside seems to be his kryptonite. Hopefully its nothing major and keep healthy along with the rest of the line this year.

Agreed, I hope they keep his big ass inside from now on because I am in the camp that he should be much safer inside.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

There's just too little proof to that idea for me to subscribe. I haven't changed my opinion on him being a fragile player. He's got just as much to prove as Bradford in terms of durability. More so, actually. He hasn't played a full season since 2010.

Hopefully this is just a minor camp injury. The D.Joseph signing could be HUGE this season.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd like to know where Saffold was lined up when he got "dinged."

Left Tackle I didn't see it happen, but i noticed as soon the play was over he was hunched over, and appeared to be favoring his shoulder. I kept the binoculars on him while the Reggie and the team doctor were trying to talk to him, and he seemed to just want to be left alone.

lockdnram21

Legend
Thats a pretty negative attitude, his injuries have all been freak accidents, so theres little basis for that comment, and he will be back. He's already getting a few reps, and he should definitely be good to go in a month based on his current condition. He's doing really really good right now.
im sorry but like it was said last year teams dont let pro bowl tackles walk without reasons. Between him and Saffold they are prone to injury an thats fact. I dont care how you look at it thats just how it is. i hope they both can play 16 games but i wouldnt bet on it

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Left Tackle I didn't see it happen, but i noticed as soon the play was over he was hunched over, and appeared to be favoring his shoulder. I kept the binoculars on him while the Reggie and the team doctor were trying to talk to him, and he seemed to just want to be left alone.
Thanks Coach.

wrstdude

Rookie
im sorry but like it was said last year teams dont let pro bowl tackles walk without reasons. Between him and Saffold they are prone to injury an thats fact. I dont care how you look at it thats just how it is. i hope they both can play 16 games but i wouldnt bet on it

Huh?

Everyone is prone to injury. It's not a characteristic unique to those two.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ha, sorry. I'm just not in the camp that believes Saffold will be more durable just because he lines up inside at Guard.
I am. He only seems to get hurt when playing on an island outside.
Probably just me being paranoid.
We have had such poor luck with the o line the past ten years
Drafts with underachievers. UFA underachievers. And our solid linemen can't stay on the field.