Camp Report 8/1/14 (complete)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
thank you, coachO. and i asked in an earlier report but perhaps you didn't notice...can you tell us anything about mason brodine's performance/role to this point?

FRO

Legend
Yeah I wouldn't read much into Britt not getting first team reps. They plan on rotating WRs rather than use set starters and they need to get other guys reps with the ones during training camp.

How do the CBs look so far, I know you've said about lack of depth, but how about the starters? Are you comfortable with Triple J (Jenkins, Johnson and Joyner)?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How do the CBs look so far, I know you've said about lack of depth, but how about the starters? Are you comfortable with Triple J (Jenkins, Johnson and Joyner)?

It been tough to get any true read on them as a unit, as they haven't all been on the field together since the 2nd practice. As to the depth issue, I think with Jenkins, Johnson Joyner, and Gaines, they should be fine. Beyond that, if McGee, Woodard or even Roberson are forced into action it could get dicey. And at the risk of hurting the masses, Reid hasn't shown enough to even garner a mention in this conversation.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
thank you, coachO. and i asked in an earlier report but perhaps you didn't notice...can you tell us anything about mason brodine's performance/role to this point?

This was my reply in the Camp Report from 7/29/14:

Rambition said:
coachO, what can you tell us about mason brodine to this point? how has he looked at tight end? do you think he has a chance? and i think i saw somewhere a few days ago that they were also giving him reps on the DL...again.

I haven't seen Brodine taking any defensive reps, but I may have missed it if he has. As a TE, he has shown to be quite athletic. Has decent hands, and looks the part.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The packages are what intrigues me most.

I feel cumbersome asking it because you're already going above and beyond with daily reports, Coach, but I think it would add real value to note where each player is lined up in these packages. Is Tavon in backfield, slot, out wide? Is Cook motioning anywhere?

Any little detail like that -- I know it's asking too much haha -- would be awesome.

Thanks again, you're efforts are greatly appreciated here.

While I can appreciate your request, for me to try to include that sort of detail, with only one set of eyes, and still be able to watch the play, is next to impossible. I don't have the luxury of replay... LOL

I'm don't want to turn these reports into a play by play of each and every formation. Hope you understand.

TShram03

UDFA
While I can appreciate your request, for me to try to include that sort of detail, with only one set of eyes, and still be able to watch the play, is next to impossible. I don't have the luxury of replay... LOL

I'm don't want to turn these reports into a play by play of each and every formation. Hope you understand.

Understand completely. It was, admittedly, a shot in the dark.

Rambition

Rookie
This was my reply in the Camp Report from 7/29/14:

Rambition said:
coachO, what can you tell us about mason brodine to this point? how has he looked at tight end? do you think he has a chance? and i think i saw somewhere a few days ago that they were also giving him reps on the DL...again.

I haven't seen Brodine taking any defensive reps, but I may have missed it if he has. As a TE, he has shown to be quite athletic. Has decent hands, and looks the part.
i must have missed your earlier reply. thanks once again!