Camp Pressers: McVay & Goff 08/16/17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pipedream

UDFA
Name
pipedream
On the INTs, Goff says he was a little more aggressive the last couple of days, pushing the limits, learning what he can and can't do. It's practice you all, in the words of Aaron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X. He will make mistakes, but he is going to be good. You just need to let him go thru the growing pains.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I really like McVay's honesty. Wish all coaches and managers were like that.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
McVay on fumble issues: "It starts with me."

If you weren't sold on him before, I think it's time to buy in. That man is a leader.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i really liked goff's interview. he projects an air of confidence that soothes me somewhat.

TexasRam

Legend
On the INTs, Goff says he was a little more aggressive the last couple of days, pushing the limits, learning what he can and can't do. It's practice you all, in the words of Aaron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X. He will make mistakes, but he is going to be good. You just need to let him go thru the growing pains.

Agreed. As fans we can be rather confusing. If our QB is checking down too much we scream at the OC or QB for being to conservative but once they start airing it out and throwing picks we have a new set of gripes :)

The fact is there is higher risk of interception or sack on the 7 step drops and lower completion percentage. But Goff is really a QB with the talents to air the ball out so we need to be patience and let him make his mistakes. It could take a up to a few years realistically to reach his potential.

I personally would like to see the offense opened up like we saw with Kirk Cousins, rather than the latest showing of murmur ball pt5 or schottyball strikes back.

I much rather see the remake of GSOT.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Agreed. As fans we can be rather confusing. If our QB is checking down too much we scream at the OC or QB for being to conservative but once they start airing it out and throwing picks we have a new set of gripes :)

The fact is there is higher risk of interception or sack on the 7 step drops and lower completion percentage. But Goff is really a QB with the talents to air the ball out so we need to be patience and let him make his mistakes. It could take a up to a few years realistically to reach his potential.

I personally would like to see the offense opened up like we saw with Kirk Cousins, rather than the latest showing of murmur ball pt5 or schottyball strikes back.

I much rather see the remake of GSOT.

"Murmur ball." Good one. :LOL:

Someone noted Aaron Rodgers. He tests the limits in practice, seeing if he can thread a needle, drop a pass in space, etc. resulting in more picks. I remember a few years back, Rodgers throwing a bunch of picks in training camp and how it was breathlessly reported. "Is something wrong with Rodgers?" He went on to have one of his best years.

Goff isn't Rodgers. But he approaches the game the same way. He is his own man. He is building into something special. I, for one, am not worried.