Camp Day One

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tron said:
In a list Shane Gray mentioned of players who stood out, he mentioned Ray Ray. How did he look in your opinion? I know you said you couldn't gauge the LB's to well but figured id ask if he was notciable or not.

The most reps I saw him get were in special teams drills. He was running contain on that so I never really saw him cut loose to get an idea of his burst.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Thordaddy said:
As usual you demonstrate your superior eye for things jim, thanks .are you working on the walking path to the new stadium yet?

It would be so very easy, but the Maryland Heights location has some real attraction also. I think it would easier to get in and out of than the Fenton location

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Excellent report! Look forward to hearing more from you.

Day one surprise is clearly: Andrew Helmick. I love good surprises!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks for keeping us connected Jimi. We homers here can't get enough!!!! And as far as baseball goes, yes, it fills the gap this time of year. Although I'm a Pirates fan, I can't help but admire the murderers row you must face when facing the Cardinals. That hitting and the Bucs pitching will clash soon.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
jimitroutboy said:
LesBaker said:
It's good to see you Jimi.....it's been awhile I hope you are well.

No worries all is well.

What I do every year after the draft is take some time off from the internet boards and watch baseball. It helps me recharge my batteries, keep my life in focus and stay sane. That is why I have been "away" for a bit. I tend to be obsessive over the Blue and Gold and this helps me keep everything balanced.

What is this "baseball" you mention that takes your time away from talking about and watching football. Is it a condition that can be treated?

Let us know about how well Helmick runs routes I heard someone say he was smooth.

Thanks for the report my man.
Said by someone outside The sports town that baseball built.
I went to a wedding last weekend at Union Station in St Lou,that town was red,everywhere,there isn't another city with more baseball all time greats per capita than StL.
Sure NY has more, but it's five times the size of StL .

The Rams are fortunate to be in a town where sports fans demand excellence because when they render it the peeps appreciate it.

I'm as "meh" as you about baseball, but you need to see how this city embraces excellence.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
jimitroutboy said:
Thordaddy said:
As usual you demonstrate your superior eye for things jim, thanks .are you working on the walking path to the new stadium yet?

It would be so very easy, but the Maryland Heights location has some real attraction also. I think it would easier to get in and out of than the Fenton location

I was downtown at Union Station last weekend and I WISH there was a good place to put a stadium near the Arch, the "city " ambiance you get with baseball the walking access to attractions around that ball park is something that I just think will be hard to replicate anywhere else.

Good to hear from you

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Good stuff jimi. Will be ready for the rest of the days' reports.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
jimitroutboy said:
Tight ends-Kendricks is on the PUP list and Cook and Harkey were the top two out there. Harkey played in the Kendricks role and moved all over the place and was a fullback at times. Cook was in the slot most of the time but came inline and they used a two tight formation a lot. They opened with a single back three wide one tight end formation with Cook in the slot and Austin as the third.

Thought this would be interesting since he is currently starting in place of the injured Lance Kendrick. Fisher really likes what he see's in this young guy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/cory-harkey-87/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospe ... harkey-87/</a>

Positives:

Outstanding mass. Shows grit to block in line and works to sustain. Tough and durable (plays through pain). Keeps his head on a swivel in pass protection — alert to blitzes and quick to cut off rushers. Football-smart and mentally tough. Good character. Well-respected, hardworking, vocal leader. Is coachable and studies the game. Professional sports pedigree.
Negatives:

Short-armed and heavy-footed. Limited athletic ability. Inflexible to escape the jam — gets held up at the line. Marginal receiving value (shaky hands). Poor production. Lacking functional and weight-room strength — bench-pressed 225 pounds 13 times, a Combine low for tight ends.
Summary:

Big-bodied, tough, competitive base blocker with sheer mass to compete for a job as a No. 3 tight end/“jumbo” package contributor.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I was glued to my old friend Jimi's TL yesterday. I thank the Lord for him every day! Looking forward to many more reports my friend!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
jimitroutboy said:
Thordaddy said:

Looking at the maps of the two locations it just seems to me the availability of future infrastructure improvements that enhance the whole St.L area is Fenton ,270 needs to become an inner belt and another by pass Interstate around the 141 path is a project that IMO is long overdue.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Thordaddy said:
jimitroutboy said:
Thordaddy said:

Looking at the maps of the two locations it just seems to me the availability of future infrastructure improvements that enhance the whole St.L area is Fenton ,270 needs to become an inner belt and another by pass Interstate around the 141 path is a project that IMO is long overdue.

When I was at a baseball game this summer I just looked around at all the ambiance and things the baseball team has been able to do by owning their own venue.

The Rams and more importantly their fans deserve the same thing. I have never been one of those to knock the Dome but its a shared place and has to do several jobs.

I want the Rams and Stan to have a place with plenty of parking around it and real sunlight streaming in. If its a retractable roof fine, if not lets play some football.

The whole old Fenton area of 141 and 44 does need redevelopment. Its one of the main gateways to the area and just looks desolate right now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Great write up, I can't wait to hear more... Preseason can't get here soon enough, I wanna see these guys in action!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BonifayRam said:
jimitroutboy said:
Tight ends-Kendricks is on the PUP list and Cook and Harkey were the top two out there. Harkey played in the Kendricks role and moved all over the place and was a fullback at times. Cook was in the slot most of the time but came inline and they used a two tight formation a lot. They opened with a single back three wide one tight end formation with Cook in the slot and Austin as the third.

Thought this would be interesting since he is currently starting in place of the injured Lance Kendrick. Fisher really likes what he see's in this young guy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/cory-harkey-87/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospe ... harkey-87/</a>

Positives:

Outstanding mass. Shows grit to block in line and works to sustain. Tough and durable (plays through pain). Keeps his head on a swivel in pass protection — alert to blitzes and quick to cut off rushers. Football-smart and mentally tough. Good character. Well-respected, hardworking, vocal leader. Is coachable and studies the game. Professional sports pedigree.
Negatives:

Short-armed and heavy-footed. Limited athletic ability. Inflexible to escape the jam — gets held up at the line. Marginal receiving value (shaky hands). Poor production. Lacking functional and weight-room strength — bench-pressed 225 pounds 13 times, a Combine low for tight ends.
Summary:

Big-bodied, tough, competitive base blocker with sheer mass to compete for a job as a No. 3 tight end/“jumbo” package contributor.
Bonifay, I saw him play every down at UCLA. He's an exceptional blocker, or was at the college level. He's a big, thick boy, you can see him in the Norman workout photo. He got open a lot at UCLA, even though he's not fast or agile. He looks much stronger now than when drafted, and played stronger than he tested.

All the coaches and players liked him, seems to be a high character, hard working guy, duh, he impressed Coach Fisher. The only real negative was that he dropped a lot of wide open passes. His hands were highly questionable at UCLA. Hands, you can work on.