Cam Newton out vs Tampa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
At 1-3... this is potentially a HUGE blow to Carolina.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...ewton-for-monday-night-football-against-bucs/

It's official. Cam Newton will not play against the Buccaneers on "Monday Night Football," the Panthers announced on Saturday.

For the 1-3 Panthers, who are in desperate need of a win to stay within striking distance of the 3-1 Falcons, that's the worst possible news. Newtonsuffered a concussion in the fourth quarter of his team's loss to the Falcons a week ago.

So, that leaves Derek Anderson as the Panthers' quarterback this week. In relief of Newton on Sunday, Anderson completed 17 of 23 passes for 172 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. At 33, he brings plenty of experience to the table, but he hasn't seen meaningful minutes since the 2014 season, when he started two games for the Panthers, winning both of them.

Of course, those two starts came against the Buccaneers, so he has some good history with his opponent on Monday night. He also has some not-so-great history with Monday nights.

As Anderson himself noted, the last time he found himself starting on Monday night, his night ended with a classic postgame rant after he was questioned for laughing on the sidelines during a Cardinals loss.

With Anderson under center, the Panthers' offense won't radically change -- at least according to coach Ron Rivera.

Still, without the reigning MVP, the odds of the Panthers keeping pace with Buccaneers just got significantly worse. And the game very well might turn into a shootout, especially considering the Panthers just let the Falcons hang 48 points on them.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Caaaaaam.

Everyone loves it when a showboater gets jacked up when he's more intent on showboating than getting the score. He's the showboating moper.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Caaaaaam.

Everyone loves it when a showboater gets jacked up when he's more intent on showboating than getting the score. He's the showboating moper.

I am not rooting against Cam Newton. And... I certainly wouldn't wish him to be hurt like this.

But; he's one of the few players that annoy me, just by watching his mannerisms.

Not sure what it is. It's probably just me.

I do know this; If I played the game he'd be one player I'd love to lay-out with a hard hit. :rolleyes:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cam asked to play safer

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-circle-wants-carolina-panthers-qb-play-safer

With Cam Newton sidelined for Monday night's game because of a concussion, multiple people in his inner circle have counseled the Carolina Panthersquarterback to play more carefully, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Newton suffered the concussion in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 48-33 loss at Atlanta when linebacker Deion Jones delivered a legal helmet-to-helmet hit as the reigning NFL MVP approached the goal line on a two-point conversion run.

He took a similar shot going into the end zone against the Saints last season. This season, he has been in harm's way often. Two Denver Broncos players received fines for hits to Newton's head in Week 1.

Derek Anderson will make his third start for Carolina (1-3) since joining the team in 2011. He was 2-0 in his other two starts, both against the Buccaneers (1-3) in 2014 when Newton was injured.

When asked how Newton is handling being sidelined, Panthers coach Ron Rivera said, "he's antsy.''

…..

Legend
I am not rooting against Cam Newton. And... I certainly wouldn't wish him to be hurt like this.

But; he's one of the few players that annoy me, just by watching his mannerisms.

I do know this; If I played the game he'd be one player I'd love to lay-out with a hard hit. :rolleyes:

Could not agree more, I don't think its just you. I am a War Eagle kinda guy. I liked Cam for 1 season I guess, back when he played for Auburn.

His mannerisms just irk the shit out of me. Away from the limelight, he has a great personality. In front of the camera, he turns into someone else. His arrogant, careless and overconfident approach to the game this year blows me away, and that arrogance is responsible for his concussion so I hope the karma keeps biting him until he finds his humble again.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

He doesn't really bother me. If he played in our division, I'm sure his antics would.

Either way. I have a hard time finding a player that's more important to their team than Cam.
The Panthers could be in trouble.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm not rooting against Cam. He's a special talent. He's also got the mentality of a child and hasn't learned to win with class and respect for his opponents - which is why he acts entitled and sulks.

That said he needs to learn to protect himself. You can't play forever in this league playing like a full back as a quarterback - the d fenders are too big, fast and probably juiced. He'll have to throw the ball away more, get rid of it quickly and slide more because guys are teeing off on him.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Could not agree more, I don't think its just you. I am a War Eagle kinda guy. I liked Cam for 1 season I guess, back when he played for Auburn.

His mannerisms just irk the crap out of me. Away from the limelight, he has a great personality. In front of the camera, he turns into someone else. His arrogant, careless and overconfident approach to the game this year blows me away, and that arrogance is responsible for his concussion so I hope the karma keeps biting him until he finds his humble again.

I'll take your word for him being different away from the bright lights but I get the same "I want to punch him in the face" feeling from that freaking pompous ass I'm better than you grin that he has in that yogurt commercial...I just can't stand the pompous asshole...Ah, sometimes a little venting type rant can make a big difference in blood pressure...

…..

Legend
Either way. I have a hard time finding a player that's more important to their team than Cam.
The Panthers could be in trouble.

Except that Derek Anderson is 2-0 starting in place of him.....

Cam has lost his footwork so bad that his resulting inaccuracy is pissing off his receivers. On his game, you might be right. But not the Cam we saw against Atlanta.

Maybe with Cam out, they can find Kelvin Benjamin with a little more consistency. That dude is a manimal and needs the ball.

Athos

Legend
That CAR D has been putrid.

Bucs gonna put up a lot of points today.