Calvin Pryor Highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

There is another highlight video made about a week ago, but the guy who made it didn't really pick the best plays for a highlight vid and missed some. Even this video missed some great plays by Pryor but it is better than the other. This one shows his physicality more. You can tell he needs a little work with his tackling, but he is a big time physical enforcer. I highly recommend to watch the game tape on him from Draft Breakdown. I think the Rutgers game truly shows the potential he has, was an absolute beast that game. Really hoping we draft this guy if we don't grab a FS in FA.

One last note on Pryor, In a 3 game stretch this past year, each game he took out at player. He wasn't trying to hurt them, but he roughed them up so good they didn't return to the game. I like the sound of that.

*here is the other highlight video made a week ago in case you wanted to see that as well. Not as good as the first, but really, neither are as good as his game tape.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
His stock is rising. I'd love to match him with Darqueze Dennard in our secondary. NASTY !

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pryor needs development. If you watched him early on in the year, he looked really bad. Consistently overpursuing, taking bad angles, missing arm tackles and playing completely out of control. Also had a tendency to get caught flat-footed in man coverage and lose his man in zone coverage.

He did improve a lot as the season went on. You can't overlook how hard he hits, his impressive ball-skills and how he flies to the ball. He reminds me a lot of Dashon Goldson but I think he's a better athlete. That all said, you're taking Pryor on his potential because his tape isn't 1st round caliber yet. He flashes a lot of ability but he's not consistent enough with doing all the little things right. I'm not opposed to the pick but I prefer LaMarcus Joyner. Who is no slouch himself when it comes to hitting:

lamarcusbodyslam.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pryor needs development. If you watched him early on in the year, he looked really bad. Consistently overpursuing, taking bad angles, missing arm tackles and playing completely out of control. Also had a tendency to get caught flat-footed in man coverage and lose his man in zone coverage.

He did improve a lot as the season went on. You can't overlook how hard he hits, his impressive ball-skills and how he flies to the ball. He reminds me a lot of Dashon Goldson but I think he's a better athlete. That all said, you're taking Pryor on his potential because his tape isn't 1st round caliber yet. He flashes a lot of ability but he's not consistent enough with doing all the little things right. I'm not opposed to the pick but I prefer LaMarcus Joyner. Who is no slouch himself when it comes to hitting:

lamarcusbodyslam.gif

Yea, Pryor does need some work, but I do still rate him #1 on my list, Joyner is 3rd. Would have no problem having him. Bob Sanders 2.0 just about.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Pryor is a heavy hitter but he lacks some fundamentals which will hurt him at the pro level. There are several tackles he flat out misses because he didn't wrap up and he usually bites on a double move. We have a big hitter in McDonald already, we need a beast in coverage and I think there is better options. I'm not saying Pryor is a bad pick but he could turn out to be a project.

And that "interception" of Bortles in the back of the endzone, he clearly bobbled the ball after his foot left the ground. Still mad about that call...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pryor is a heavy hitter but he lacks some fundamentals which will hurt him at the pro level. There are several tackles he flat out misses because he didn't wrap up and he usually bites on a double move. We have a big hitter in McDonald already, we need a beast in coverage and I think there is better options. I'm not saying Pryor is a bad pick but he could turn out to be a project.

And that "interception" of Bortles in the back of the endzone, he clearly bobbled the ball after his foot left the ground. Still mad about that call...

Nah. I think he got it. But Bortles delivered the win anyways. (y)