Call Me Crazy, I'd Like To See Heyward-Bey In Horns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I have no issue bringing a couple vets. into camp for a look see. You never know with injuries just whats going to happen.
But all they are is insurance. Never cut a young guy with upside to keep a vet.
The deal with Bey is he's a 1 trick pony. 9 route only. Yes his speed along with Givens would open up the middle but that's all he can do.
At best he's a fourth or fifth WR on this team, Those guys have to play special teams and play all the WR positions. That's not him.
I'm not sure how the Rams will classify Cook when it comes to the roster finalization. If they count him as a WR since he plays slot most often, they really only need 1 more to dress and maybe a developmental guy.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
My dream would be Tavon Austin in the first and Woods or Patton in the 2nd.

We do have two receiver spots to fill...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Nah. I'm kinda tired of receivers who can only run the 9-route. I think it's time this Organization started to focus their efforts on finding the next Torry Holt or Isaac Bruce. Givens can do everything Heyward-Bey can do, and is already a little more diverse. Plus, I think we can squeeze a little more than 37 yards per game out of Givens (which is all H-B has given in 4 years).

plus givens can catch the ball, something stone hands has difficulty doing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rabid Ram said:
Im pro Nate Washington hes not a rockstar but he id a solid plug and play

jrry was the first to put it out there and I agree about Nate Washington and as to Heyward-Bay...If you want to make the club you must get out of the tub...Bay can't stay healthy...No thanks.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jap said:
I like receivers who actually have hands and can gain separation.

Picky picky... :sly:

I'd suggest we pass on H-B. I just don't see the real value. We have much more pressing FA holes to fill.

…..

Legend
Heyward Bey should never have been given the contract he was given. He was a worse pick that Donnie Avery, if thats possible.

He might be worth a non roster invite, then a vet min salary if he shows something.

But to me...inviting Heyward-Bey would tell the world just how desperate our reciever situation is.