Call me crazy but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FLramFAN

Rookie
Why not let Johnny Hecker get some practice reps. at QB. I think he's already the emergency guy.

If the Rams got him enough reps. to where they saw he was going to be adequate as 3rd QB for a game, this could allow them to keep only ONE of Davis and Clemmons and start looking for another back-up QB.

Assuming they went this route, they'd only dress 2 QBs each week as opposed to 3 and this would give greater roster flexibility. I think they went back and forth last year between dressing 2 and 3, right?

From what I'm hearing about the back-ups in practice and what I've seen for myself in the pre-season games, getting Hecker in there for some practice reps. wouldn't be a bad idea.

BTW... I'm perfectly aware that both of our back-ups are playing behind OL that will not see the field unless Rams have injuries. But when the reports on practice are as bad as I'm hearing, perhaps it's time to get "creative".

Whatdya think?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think they will probably only carry 2 QB's on the 53 for this reason, Hekker can be an emergency backup if needed, which allows them to use that roster spot somewhere else.

I thought I read where he was throwing balls to someone earlier. Was that from yesterday or today's practice?

FLramFAN

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DegenR(g)ambler said:
I thought I read where he was throwing balls to someone earlier. Was that from yesterday or today's practice?

Saw the same thing. Said he was throwing balls to Kendricks.

I just don't have any idea if he gets any time in practice against a defense. Why not get him 6 or 8 plays 3 or 4 times a week? Would only take a few weeks to figure out if you could live with him as a number 3 QB and #1 punter.

It's just creative thinking...

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Bad idea... Say he get hurts, then you have to fill 2 roster spots

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We're not talking about Danny White here.

100% sure this won't happen. I don't think anyone would want to see Hekker have to come in as QB, and Fisher wouldn't put his rep as a coach on the line like that.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

jjab360

Legend
I thouht Hekker had already gotten reps at QB in 7 on 7s earlier in Training Camp?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
jjab360 inquired:
I thouht Hekker had already gotten reps at QB in 7 on 7s earlier in Training Camp?
In the practices that were open to the public, it was only one short episode if I remember correctly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I could see Hekker as the 3rd QB.

Let's face it; we cut Clemens... he's just a phone call away. Nobody's going to pick him up.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
I could see Hekker as the 3rd QB.

Let's face it; we cut Clemens... he's just a phone call away. Nobody's going to pick him up.
f we lost SB we're dead in the water, and if Davis falls and it came down to Hekker, just hand it off and fall down
train