call me crazy, but i think our defense stunk it up as well yesterday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRamsFan93

My biggest concern was the 185 yards rushing and 6 yards per carry the Rams gave up. Those yards did not all come late in the game after the defense got tired. They will need to step up the run defense first or the pass rush will mean little.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
They were not the dominating DL I expected but they weren't that bad either. I think if the O could have sustained a couple drives and put up some points the D could have caught their breath a little.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Seatless defense would have kept us in that game. The defense isn't very good yet and the offense is worse.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My biggest concern was the 185 yards rushing and 6 yards per carry the Rams gave up. Those yards did not all come late in the game after the defense got tired. They will need to step up the run defense first or the pass rush will mean little.
A lot of those yards came after Chris Long got hurt, was out of the game and they started pounding our D's weakened Left side. staying away from Quinn!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
A lot of those yards came after Chris Long got hurt, was out of the game and they started pounding our D's weakened Left side. staying away from Quinn!

If you take away Patterson's big run (which occurred after Long left the game), the average drops to just above 4 per carry. And Peterson averaged 3.6 per carry on the day.

AZRamsFan93

I thought we had the deepest defensive line in the NFL? No one can step up from that depth and hold their own?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought we had the deepest defensive line in the NFL? No one can step up from that depth and hold their own?
I'm sure they can. It'll be nice when Ethan gets rotated into games too. I think the problem wasn't as much with the front 4 as it was with the back 7. When you rush 4 most of the time (don't have the stats on that), it's pretty easy to get washed out on stretch plays. A few of those big gainers would have been nullified with just one made tackle instead of an initial whiff.