Bye week, Rams still get a W

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The rest of their season is..

Eagles (twice), Cowboys (twice), vs Giants, vs Baltimore, @ Cleveland..

So hopefully Philly and Dallas actually play some football, and the Brown get an upset. 3-13 will give us a top 5, probably top 3 pick. :twisted:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:

So hopefully Philly and Dallas actually play some football, and the Brown get an upset. 3-13 will give us a top 5, probably top 3 pick. :twisted:
I'd rather top 6 for cap reasons.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thats a tough schedule. Woot woot!

I watched this game today. RG3 was okay, but he had some accuracy issues at times.

Newton was pretty solid.

Hasletts defense was a Haslett defense.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Thordaddy said:
bluecoconuts said:

What cap concerns? With the rookie cap, there won't be the jacked-up-before-NFL-experience contract. Besides, what are the chances a top-5 pick isn't parlayed into more picks?

stan

Rookie
Ram Quixote said:
Thordaddy said:
bluecoconuts said:

What cap concerns? With the rookie cap, there won't be the jacked-up-before-NFL-experience contract. Besides, what are the chances a top-5 pick isn't parlayed into more picks?

Yes sirree! Now if the Rams can end 3-13, never mind. :?!:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
It boggles my mind to hear Shanahan say that. It's the middle of the season. Is it some odd tactic to put everyone on notice and hope they play hard the rest of the season?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
It boggles my mind to hear Shanahan say that. It's the middle of the season. Is it some odd tactic to put everyone on notice and hope they play hard the rest of the season?

I think it crazier that under Shanny the Redskins have a worse win % than Jim freakin Zorn except Shanny doesn't get criticized despite Washington being a much bigger market.

Teams like Washington, Dallas, Jets just fuckin annoy me. Are their owners that damn blind and not see how the always good teams do it? It's not all about name recognition.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
Darin Gantt knows what's up.

Of course, it might also be time to evaluate the coaching too. Shanahan’s a disappointing 14-27 in his third year in charge, a .341 winning percentage that’s lower than the ridiculous Jim Zorn and Steve Spurrier eras (both 12-20, .375).

Now. That said. could the problem be deeper than those coaches?
And wait until those fans see who they *could have gotten* with their pick next year.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Ram Quixote said:
Thordaddy said:
bluecoconuts said:

Well which is it?

The concerns I speak of sees the Overall #9 and #11 signing for a combined amount equal to the #1.

And the drops really start below the top 5.

Doubtless the rookie wage scale has eased the dramatic effects of being stuck with a top five pick , but the bang for the buck is still best from picks 6-15 which is what I was referring to.

My premise was based on the use of the pick and the likelihood you can get an impact player at the positions we are most in need for an amount closer to value . We need a safety in this draft , a good one, I'd rather pay 6-10 money for the same guy, because this team is getting to the point of being built that need could dictate some "reaches" and while I don't mind "reaching" I do mind paying for them.

We passed on Troy Palamalu, because Charlie Armie didn't think a safety was worth the money we'd have to pay him.

As far as trading down goes ,IF that's the plan fine top 3 is even better.
JMO we don't try to trade for massive additional picks again,I doubt more than five rookies from next years draft make this team, and my expectation is we USE both first round picks and might even trade into the first round for another if we can see the value.
IF we trade down and down and down like we did this year and stay this young, IMO NEXT year will be as inconsistent as this.

stan

Rookie
Angry Ram said:
Teams like Washington, Dallas, Jets just freakin annoy me. Are their owners that damn blind and not see how the always good teams do it? It's not all about name recognition.

Their seats are sold so they don't have to win.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
JdashSTL said:
Yeah could be he thought some people on his team were slacking and he wanted tosend a message.
There will come a point where he'll be right about their season being over, but I would not say so before the last 2 or 3 games.
But the sentiment can't do anything but improve our pick.

Here's an intriguing guy for FS

Matt Elam*/S/Florida: The junior safety continues to impress scouts and he stood out during the Gators' close victory over Missouri. Elam does a terrific job patrolling centerfield, aggressively defending the run while capitalizing on mistakes made by opposing quarterbacks. He's a multi-dimensional safety with the ability to make plays sideline-to-sideline against the run and pass.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2BMDvE9vX