BWB: Jeff Fisher Defends Rams Pace

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Not throw the ball? Have you seen bradords numbers ?

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk 2

RamzFanz

Damnit
Rabid Ram said:

Have you seen his numbers in the first half? Horrible. Yet that's twice they used the same scheme. Have they learned? We shall see.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
Rabid Ram said:

Have you seen his numbers in the first half? Horrible. Yet that's twice they used the same scheme. Have they learned? We shall see.
Looks like the 2nd quarter is the rough one for him this year.
Still early though. If this team gels over the next few games, they could finish really strong.

hDtXDHX.png

RamzFanz

Damnit
X said:
RamzFanz said:
Rabid Ram said:

Still early though. If this team gels over the next few games, they could finish really strong.

hDtXDHX.png

Thanks for the info.

I wonder what his ratings are in the hurry-up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
X said:
RamzFanz said:
Rabid Ram said:

hDtXDHX.png

Thanks for the info.

I wonder what his ratings are in the hurry-up.
I wouldn't even know how to quantify that.
This is the closest I can get you.

ufpu.png

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13197/sam-bradford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/ ... m-bradford</a>

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I haven't listened to Bernie (not that there's a reason to). In all Fisher's interviews, he's talked about why they probably won't go no huddle. You know, because what the Rams did in the second half was hurry-up. What if this is just a rope-a-dope?

bskrilla

Starter
Man, based on the comments I've seen on this sight I'm about the only person around here that actually likes and agrees with Bernie most of the time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bskrilla said:
Man, based on the comments I've seen on this sight I'm about the only person around here that actually likes and agrees with Bernie most of the time.
I do too.

Until he changes his mind.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
Yamahopper said:
Unless the D is playing lights out it gets risky going no huddle to often. Huddleless a 3 & out of 2 passes and the standard 2nd down run up the gut the defense could be back on the field in a min. and half or less.

Not to fuel the fire but WHY? Can someone explain to me why an offense has to huddle in order to use the entire play clock?

I guess they could hurry back to the line get the linman in their stance and just kill about 20 sec while Bradford goes through the cadence in a couple different languages. But if using the whole clock might as well huddle up and have a smoke.

The only thing I get from no huddle is getting the ball off before the D can adjust, try to keep the D from subbing and create mismatches. Faster the better.

IMO not running no huddle is more based on how a coach feels his D is playing. If the D can't get 3 and outs they will be on the field forever.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yamahopper said:
RamFan503 said:
Yamahopper said:
Unless the D is playing lights out it gets risky going no huddle to often. Huddleless a 3 & out of 2 passes and the standard 2nd down run up the gut the defense could be back on the field in a min. and half or less.

Not to fuel the fire but WHY? Can someone explain to me why an offense has to huddle in order to use the entire play clock?

I guess they could hurry back to the line get the linman in their stance and just kill about 20 sec while Bradford goes through the cadence in a couple different languages. But if using the whole clock might as well huddle up and have a smoke.

The only thing I get from no huddle is getting the ball off before the D can adjust, try to keep the D from subbing and create mismatches. Faster the better.

IMO not running no huddle is more based on how a coach feels his D is playing. If the D can't get 3 and outs they will be on the field forever.

No. I get it Yama. But the way a no huddle can take up the whole clock is to hurry up to the line so the D has to respect that you might snap the ball. That's the only aspect that is "hurry up".

Now keep in mind what happens all the time in the conventional offense. The line gets in their stance, is patting each other on the ass pointing to defensive alignments, etc. All this is AFTER the defense makes substitutions. They are still moving - even sometimes getting up out of their stance.

The way the no huddle can work in non-hurry up mode is to get up to the line right after the whistle; the QB gets under center. The D absolutely HAS to be ready for the snap. The QB then drops back in shotgun formation (like Sam likes to play from anyway) the line stands back up for a good stretch and the QB gets the play call from the sidelines AFTER the D has set their formation. The ball is snapped 1 or 2 seconds before the play clock expires. No hurry up - no huddle- no defensive substitutions - sense of who you are trying to beat where.

I've watched Oregon do this with Chip Kelly at Oregon. Do you think Oregon gets the best recruits in the nation? Where have we been ranked under his reign? It ain't from their defense. Also - Chip's offenses have been equipped with speed. Sound familiar?

I'm not saying this is something you employ all game but I'd sure like to see how it worked at this level. I really can't see why it wouldn't work as a good sub for the hurry up when you needed a change in momentum and you would still allow your defense the same amount of rest. Three and out is three and out. If you take all the time allotted, at least you gave them a couple minutes more than three and out in the true hurry up.

RamzFanz

Damnit
AND mix the no huddle WITH the hurry up. Confuse the D all day. Long snap counts to draw penalties. Catching D substitutions. ETC.

I don't know. I'm no coach. If the Rams would stop playing soft and ensure the star receivers are covered, they wouldn't have to worry about the D being on the field for long periods.

It just makes no sense to run an offense in a manner that doesn't score when you could run it in a manner where it would. Why don't WE jump out by 21 points and make THEM play catch up.