BWB: 5 Keys to a Rams Victory in Atlanta

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
On this episode of Breakfast With Bernie, the Post-Dispatch's Bernie Miklasz thinks St. Louis may be walking into Atlanta at the wrong time. Can Jeff Fisher's Rams find a win versus the Falcons?

[pd]2668718734001[/pd]
<a class="postlink" href="http://cinesport.stltoday.com/saint-louis-post-dispatch-breakfast-bernie/bwb-5-keys-to-a-rams-victory-in-atlanta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cinesport.stltoday.com/saint-lou ... n-atlanta/</a>

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
When ya have Breakfast With Bernie, do you have to fight for food?
Just askin :omg:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Opening up the playbook and letting Sam throw some downfield passes should open up the running game.

I hope we can keep the game within 10 so we'll actually be able to run the ball.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
iBruce said:
Opening up the playbook and letting Sam throw some downfield passes should open up the running game.

I hope we can keep the game within 10 so we'll actually be able to run the ball.
Why would we want to keep it that close F-it man let's blow em out

tonyl711

Starter
Atlanta only put up 17 points against a defense that last year was the worst defense in NFL history, and now you have Roddy with a high ankle sprain and Julio hasn't practiced in 2 days because of a bad knee, the have an Oline that can be beat, who is Ryan going to throw to if Roddy and Julio are hobbled, Gonzales can only do so much. I see this as a statement game for our defense. by the end of the game SJ will be rethinking his decision to go to the dirty birds for a chance at a SB.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
tonyl711 said:
Atlanta only put up 17 points against a defense that last year was the worst defense in NFL history, and now you have Roddy with a high ankle sprain and Julio hasn't practiced in 2 days because of a bad knee, the have an Oline that can be beat, who is Ryan going to throw to if Roddy and Julio are hobbled, Gonzales can only do so much. I see this as a statement game for our defense. by the end of the game SJ will be rethinking his decision to go to the dirty birds for a chance at a SB.

Yeah ,Spags took his "magic" to Baltimore ,Peyton Manning is elated,and FWIW Greg Williams went to Tenn. and WTF they beat the Steelers in Pitts.

Kinda makes ya think ,AH that's why Fisher wanted GW

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
When ya have Breakfast With Bernie, do you have to fight for food?
Just askin :omg:

Good grief Thor, you had me laughing out loud with this one for almost 3 minutes. :LOLLLL: :bwah: :hahaha: :tyty:

jap

Legend
Thordaddy said:
iBruce said:

Why would we want to keep it that close F-it man let's blow em out

Yep, I think the Dirty Birds are getting a little too much respect around here. :ww:

RamzFanz

Damnit
the Falcons fans I've been reading are nowhere as confident they are winning as the talking heads.

If the Rams want respect, this is the week to go demand it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My keys

Defense
1) Pressure M.Ryan. We have the DLine to do this every week and we should.
2) Crowd the LOS so SJ gets happy feet. Force him to the edges.
3) Get physical with TE Gonzales.

Offense
1) Look for Cook to get a ton of attention this week. Find Givens and Austin EARLY.
2) Split more 1st half carries in order to give Drich a chance to do some damage in the 2nd half.

ST
1) A dome game. Don't be afraid to give GZ some long attempts.
2) Block for Tavon :bg:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let's see...

The Falcons oline is suspect. Ryan got pressured 50% last week.

Pass rush is our specialty.

The Falcons two best WR's are banged up.

Our Secondary is a strength on this team.

SJ is a running back we are all familiar with.

Our run defense does well against inside runners.

The Falcons have youth in their defensive backfield.

The Rams added a lot of talent at WR... if Shotty opens things up a little.

And... why does Bernie pick the Falcons by 10? Unless we get sloppy with the ball.... we keep this a close game.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CGI_Ram breaking it down:

No it isn't. IMO it's a weakness when we're playing zone. I can see why someone would pick the falcons to win by 10.

Of course the fact the Bernie thinks that means I'm probably missing something because I find it hard to believe that he could be right about anything.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
CGI_Ram breaking it down:

No it isn't. IMO it's a weakness when we're playing zone. I can see why someone would pick the falcons to win by 10.

Of course the fact the Bernie thinks that means I'm probably missing something because I find it hard to believe that he could be right about anything.
Well he DOES seem to know what the most important meal of the day is

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think the only reason we are not being picked by anyone is that we really haven't shown anything consistent. We can run the ball a bit, we can pass the ball a bit, we can come up with big stops sometimes, Quinn can get to the QB three times in a game, our DBs can come up with a big play here and there.

While I still think we win this game, our team has to put together a consistent and strong game against a real contender before people will think we are still coming. Last year is over. We need to build on that and start dominating at least in some aspects of a game. It seems that we have the players to do it. Now - let's DOMINATE!