But what Quick did was a penalty...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The inconsistency in all officiating of professional sports is amazing at times.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just the jersey itself, name notwithstanding. When a Ram does it, it's a penalty.

I should have explained myself better... I basically meant the same thing. LOL

Although,,, Smith has been allowed to cross the line forever no matter what team's jersey he wears. It sickens me.

lockdnram21

Legend
i been meaning to post about this. Smith slammed that guy while grabing face mask. no way Quick should have gotten flag and smith didnt

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I hate to whine about the refs, but this was just another in a long series of "wtf". Consistency, consistency, consistency. Quick's infraction was very mild, in all likelihood accidental. Smith's... I mean, wow, that was as blatant and aggravated of a violation as I've ever seen. No flag? Seriously? Jeez...

I'm also reminded of Givens shoulder offensive pass interference, and Chris Long's neutral zone infraction when the guy clearly jumped.

I do think that there was one call in the Rams favor, a defensive pass interference on TJ McD which wasn't called where he was climbing all over the TE. But all in all, the calls really favored the Vikes from where I sat.

jdhommert

Rookie
I'm not disagreeing with anything said, but it kind of looks like Smith was a straight stiff arm to the head, and didn't actually grab the facemask and pull. Quick reached out and grabbed the facemask/squeezed his fingers on it and moved the guys head. To add to everything said...I think you're more likely to get a facemask penalty when your fingers tighten around the mask and you twist/move the guys head vs a quick stiff arm to the facemask.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I figure the refs know they are screwing with the next SB winner when they flag the Rams. That and the Rams are guilty of a lot of penalties, so they are ready to throw the flag on EVERY play. Did anyone notice the way Davis got bodyslammed towards the end of the game? No penalty flag either.

jdhommert

Rookie
I figure the refs know they are screwing with the next SB winner when they flag the Rams. That and the Rams are guilty of a lot of penalties, so they are ready to throw the flag on EVERY play. Did anyone notice the way Davis got bodyslammed towards the end of the game? No penalty flag either.
say-what17.gif

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
And that was on the pick-6. smdh

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
lol Love steve Smith... wish we would have picked him up like Boldin but noooooooo as per the not so bright people out there who say " noooooo they are to old....blah blah blah...."

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It must have not been a grab on the mask, maybe the collar/neck area of the shoulder pads.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
It looked like Quick got his fingers caught up on the mask and where there for a long time. I think that is why he got the penalty