But Sammy Watkins Was the Better Choice They Said...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
I was praying for Watkins- and I think he is going to be a top tier wr in the NFL- wish he was the pick- but surely have no issues with Robinson, makes perfect sense- I just wanted Sam to FINALLY have a reliable outside force like Watkins. However hard to argue with a OL like Robinson. Think both will be pro bowlers in due time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was praying for Watkins- and I think he is going to be a top tier wr in the NFL- wish he was the pick- but surely have no issues with Robinson, makes perfect sense- I just wanted Sam to FINALLY have a reliable outside force like Watkins. However hard to argue with a OL like Robinson. Think both will be pro bowlers in due time.
So which way did you vote in my Robinson vs Watkins thread at the PD? :cool:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It takes time for rookies...especially WRs to learn the pro game. We saw it with Tavon, Stedman, Quick, etc. Not sure why anyone expected anything different from Watkins. He'll have growing pains.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It takes time for rookies...especially WRs to learn the pro game. We saw it with Tavon, Stedman, Quick, etc. Not sure why anyone expected anything different from Watkins. He'll have growing pains.
Yup if Sam needs saving ,the guys you listed are who'll do it

RamzFanz

Damnit
OMG! They had to tell him where to line up AND he dropped some passes!

Can anyone say BUST?!

Of course I'm kidding!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
People always look for the stupidest shit to try to ramp up drama in the OTAs, given it's the most boring stretch of the NFL off season I just tend to ignore everything anybody says about the matter, it's usually just drivel.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

This is just further proof that MOST rookies need time to adjust. People were saying the same things about J. Blackmon when he came out, and even he struggled. Obviously, most of his recent issues are off the field. But as "talent" goes, Watkins doesn't have much on him. Will he become a Pro-Bowl caliber WR? Who knows?

But even the most dynamic guy in the draft, (sound familiar?) will have his learning curve = struggles!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Id still take Watkins every day of the week over Robinson and thats nothing afainst Robinson

tbux

Rookie
This is just further proof that MOST rookies need time to adjust. People were saying the same things about J. Blackmon when he came out, and even he struggled. Obviously, most of his recent issues are off the field. But as "talent" goes, Watkins doesn't have much on him. Will he become a Pro-Bowl caliber WR? Who knows?

But even the most dynamic guy in the draft, (sound familiar?) will have his learning curve = struggles!

Yeah I certainly wouldnt say Watkins doesnt have Blackmon's talent- actually I think he was a better prospect coming out.

As far as Tavon's struggles- a lot of that was losing his QB 7 games in too- I think his #'s would have been MUCH better with Sam all year, and him not missing 3 games- not to mention all the call backs he had on big plays. JMO

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yeah I certainly wouldnt say Watkins doesnt have Blackmon's talent- actually I think he was a better prospect coming out.

As far as Tavon's struggles- a lot of that was losing his QB 7 games in too- I think his #'s would have been MUCH better with Sam all year, and him not missing 3 games- not to mention all the call backs he had on big plays. JMO

I wasn't eluding to a comparison in talent, but in the hype they both received when they came out. And isn't the "latest and greatest" always the one who is considered to be the better prospects (kinda how the hype machine works)?

I agree with you regarding Austin, and all the rest of the WRs not named Bailey suffering from Bradford missing the last 9 games. And Bailey seemed to be Clemens "go to guy" once Austin went dawn.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
If Martz was running the Offense, then selecting Watkins might be a better choice.

With Fisher and Shotty, "larger more powerful men" suits what they want to do on offense.

Be nice to see opponents get repeatedly bulldozed on 3rd and 3 or 2.

Nothing is quite so demoralizing.

Been a very long time since we've been able to do that.

We know Fisher is not going to run a flashy offense so Watkins would of been a wasted pick. JF is gonna run a tough physical offense and defense. Fiesty.

beej

Rookie
You guys realize that's a fantasy football article right? Serves a completely different purpose than writing about the NFL. Fantasy football only cares about year 1 not building for the future.