But Sammy Watkins Was the Better Choice They Said...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Almost all rookies are going to go through growing pains. I don't care where they're drafted, or for which position.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd not kick Watkins off my team. I like Robinson better, but had we taken Watkins I'd be almost as excited.

Dude's a serious talent and WRs take time to develop. I really believe that between Robinson, Watkins and Matthews there was legitimately no bad choice to be made, so poking at those who wanted someone else is kind of silly.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a Robinson guy from early on..but I also loved Watkins and would not have been upset if we had gotten him...He is going to be ok, and wil be a force in this league..imho

STLINI

UDFA
I don't think a few practices are any kind of tell in who the better choice is. Rookies struggle. There's a learning curve for sure.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, obviously. Which is why I thought it was ridiculous that everyone thought passing on Watkins was a terrible choice haha. Everyone always says receiver is the hardest position to adjust to. That said, at least Greg Robinson knows where to line up lol.

But really, it's just that time of year where not a whole lot is going on so reporters are just trying to stir things up I'm sure.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If a left guard couldn't figure out where to line up, I'd have little trouble cutting him on the spot. :D
Ohhhhh, between the tackle and the center? Shit man, I thought I was supposed to line up next to the quarterback. My bad, my bad.

Center's the guy out wide right, right?

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=910245-bills-sammy-watkins-struggling-with-drops,-mental-game

So can we give Greg Robinson a break for learning an entirely new position? I'll be surprised if Watkins gets anything over 700 yds 5 tds.

I believe I and the other posters here who liked him give him more credit than that. I think in his situation he's going to get the touches and his YAC will put him above the 700 yds number. I sure like the kid, he's a player, but still glad the way our coaches went.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To paraphrase something I heard on NFL AM, (Playing him inside) Just tell him " Hit the guy in front of you." He'll open up gapping holes for us!!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To paraphrase something I heard on NFL AM, (Playing him inside) Just tell him " Hit the guy in front of you." He'll open up gapping holes for us!!

I assume you mean Robinson? I thought you meant Watkins at first haha.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I was never a Sammy Watkins fan, in fact I think Evans is going to be the better pro but that being said, all rookies are learning the mental game.

Also what is there really to tell when they haven't even practiced in pad yet.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Almost all rookies are going to go through growing pains. I don't care where they're drafted, or for which position.
We just happen to have one who is honest and forthcoming, because he isn't where he wants to be right now...a Pro Bowl guard. Can the media give these kids more than a few OTA's to determine their futures??? Man, oh man.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We just happen to have one who is honest and forthcoming, because he isn't where he wants to be right now...a Pro Bowl guard. Can the media give these kids more than a few OTA's to determine their futures??? Man, oh man.
True. Maybe one day they can sit in a chair and have the playbook plugged into their brain via the Matrix.
But for now, we might have to be patient beyond the course of 1 month.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
True. Maybe one day they can sit in a chair and have the playbook plugged into their brain via the Matrix.
But for now, we might have to be patient beyond the course of 1 month.
Lol.

Once he starts tossing guys around "in games" like rag dolls, then we'll see what they think.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It was time to invest in the OLine, and the upside with Big G is huge.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I flip flopped between Watkins and Robinson multiple times. Ultiltimately, Robinson makes the most sense for how Fisher likes to run his offense. I think we got it right, though Watkins is by far the sexiest pick we coulda made.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
But it is a little disconcerting to learn Sammy doesn't walk on water.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Sammy is going to be a stud.

But, Robinson is a better fit for our Rams - if they truly believe in our existing WR.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
If Martz was running the Offense, then selecting Watkins might be a better choice.

With Fisher and Shotty, "larger more powerful men" suits what they want to do on offense.

Be nice to see opponents get repeatedly bulldozed on 3rd and 3 or 2.

Nothing is quite so demoralizing.

Been a very long time since we've been able to do that.