Busy Friday St. Louis Rams News and Notes at Noon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

t seems clear that Les Snead saw things that he wanted to adjust or upgrade in regards to the Rams scouting department.

It seems clear someone wants to conclude that regardless.

1. Carthon fills a vacant position.

2. New GMs routinely let people go when they arrive and bring in their own guys. For example, in this case, Atlanta guys. BD did the same thing after the 09 draft and in fact, in the end, replaced more people than Snead did. You can conclude nothing from Snead doing this. It's standard issue.

3. By replacing one vacant spot, and letting three go, and then adding one more guy, Snead kept a total of 10 previous front office personnel people and scouts and assistant scouts. Given the fact that new GMs bring in their own guys as a matter of course, by keeping 10 it sounds to me like he had general confidence in Rams personnel people and scouts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do you know (I don't feel like looking it up) how many guys Devaney replaced when he got here? It would be an interesting comparison to what's going on now. I mean, we all know that GMs and HCs bring in their own guys, so I'm not viewing this as some sort of massive upheaval either. I think I remember Fisher saying these current scouts are all kinds of on top of things too, so maybe there won't be many more changes.

Anonymous

X said:
Do you know (I don't feel like looking it up) how many guys Devaney replaced when he got here? It would be an interesting comparison to what's going on now. I mean, we all know that GMs and HCs bring in their own guys, so I'm not viewing this as some sort of massive upheaval either. I think I remember Fisher saying these current scouts are all kinds of on top of things too, so maybe there won't be many more changes.

Counting Softli, I know of 4. Mike Williams didn't replace anyone...they had no director of pro personnel when they hired him. (Kind of like now with Carthon, though I think recently Wms. was doing 2 jobs). So in any event BD brought in 5, and let 4 go.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
X said:

Counting Softli, I know of 4. Mike Williams didn't replace anyone...they had no director of pro personnel when they hired him. (Kind of like now with Carthon, though I think recently Wms. was doing 2 jobs). So in any event BD brought in 5, and let 4 go.
Thanks. That's kinda what I expected. Typical stuff.