Burwell: Barrett Jones Could Be Swing OG or Press Scott Wells at OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
On today’s Upon Further Review, the Post-Dispatch’s Bryan Burwell & CineSport’s Noah Coslov discuss the most intriguing storylines surrounding the Rams as OTAs get underway. Burwell wants to see Bradford and how well he moves and looks. Gregg Williams can’t wait to get on the field with his new players. How will the Rams handle the O-line situation with Jake Long’s injury? Burwell has been told that Barrett Jones is bigger, stronger, and healthier…he could either be the swing OG or press Scott Wells for the starting job at center. (4:00)

Watch Burwell's Rams Report

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Ya, I really have a hard time seeing J. Long starting week 1 of the regular season.
If that's true, we may not see the best production from this O line until close to mid season.
Which IMHO means for us to make the playoffs, someone has to take a dive (SF or Sea) in the standings.
If this holds true and the O line does not jell until mid season, we're looking at around 9-7 as probably the high end this year.
JMHO.

SierraRam

Recreational User
When will we see the emergence of the All-American, 4th-round steal? I liked that pick as much as any other from that draft. Now, I've gone from thinking he's our starting center, to ultimate OL backup, to a guy who plays behind Turner and Hooey.

The Redshirt year is over. Time to earn a spot Mr. Jones

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Ya, I really have a hard time seeing J. Long starting week 1 of the regular season.
If that's true, we may not see the best production from this O line until close to mid season.
Which IMHO means for us to make the playoffs, someone has to take a dive (SF or Sea) in the standings.
If this holds true and the O line does not jell until mid season, we're looking at around 9-7 as probably the high end this year.
JMHO.

I made the same suggestion (Long) over a month ago and was summarily advised and assured that because Fisher had said that Long would return by game one, that it was gospel. Of course we all know that Fisher "hates" disclosing anything and therefore his prognostications can be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, the O line might not be at its maximum without a healthy Long, but it should be good enough if execution is crisp.