Burning Man Festival - 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm only here for the pics and videos. :sneaky: Why does this remind me of Mad Max and Road Warrior?
************************************************************************************
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4830042/Thousands-flock-Nevada-Burning-Man-Festival.html

Ready to burn: Thousands flock to Nevada for the annual Burning Man Festival where larger-than-life art installations take over the desert
  • The highly-anticipated art and music festival runs over nine days from Sunday until September 4
  • An estimated 70,000 people are expected to attend the event this year in Black Rock Desert, Nevada
  • This year's theme is Radical Ritual, where participants are asked to 'create interactive rites, ritual processions, elaborate images, shrines, icons, temples and visions'
By Regina F. Graham and Cheyenne Roundtree For Dailymail.com

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsIWYpUnWyg

43A462FA00000578-0-image-a-10_1503926972186.jpg

43A462EC00000578-0-image-a-6_1503926972008.jpg

43A454AE00000578-0-image-a-9_1503926972169.jpg

43A4631700000578-0-image-a-8_1503926972094.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fEX5T2_4II

43A4549B00000578-0-image-a-7_1503926972092.jpg

43A456F800000578-0-image-a-11_1503926980049.jpg

43A4548600000578-4830042-Creative_A_make_shift_pier_has_even_been_created_for_the_festiva-a-3_1503929602079.jpg

43A454B800000578-4830042-Safety_first_There_are_a_few_stations_set_up_around_the_playa_as-a-3_1503929649003.jpg

https://www.wired.com/story/behold-burning-mans-awesome-and-totally-bizarre-architecture/

02_Pink%20Heart%20Camp.jpg

19_Sacred%20Spaces%20Village,%202013.jpg

16_Disco%20Duck,%202013.jpg

09_Altervision%203D%20Blacklight%20Experience%20Camp.jpg

~lyser

Rookie
Fuck off, Burning Man. I literally lived inside a giant mushroom for a week and half. Well, not a real mushroom, my idiot neo-hippie friends made it out of some sort of inflatable plastic material. It looked kinda cool, but it was hot as balls during the day and cold as fuck at night. The first day or so was OK, until it became filled with sand, puke, sweat, beer, semen and piss. I'm pretty sure more than one person took a shit in that thing too. "Don't worry, you can live at our camp, in our disgusting body-fluid and semi-fluid filled inflatable mushroom". Fuck off.

Fucking dirt bag freeloaders in the desert wanting to trade a plate of beans for the drugs I was there to sell, and then calling me an asshole for demanding cash. Fuck off.

Ultra-aggressive homosexuals calling me repressed because I I am not "open to new experiences" which is code for "I have every right to grope you and make unwanted sexual advances because you will get kicked out of here if you give me the severe beating I deserve". Fuck off.

Fucking blissed-out weirdos dressed up in queer costumes and prancing around the desert without a care in the world. Makes me sick. Want to really make a difference faggot? Go to Houston and grab a shovel.

~lyser

Rookie
There is some cool stuff that happens there. One night, a guy who I am almost sure was Perry Farrell, gave us some vague, babbling directions to a "place of enlightenment" on the outskirts of BRC. On a goof, we went looking for this place and found a gumball machine lit up like a beacon in the desolate landscape. I was the only one that had a quarter due to the fucking no cash "gift" economy bullshit, and I purchased one large red gumball. An hour later I was rolling/tripping my nuts off. Another search party went looking for the acid/ecstasy gumball machine early that morning but had no luck finding it even though they were sure they were in the right place. Weird shit man.

fearsomefour

Legend
A lot of the burning man crowd now (judging from a far as the slew of humanity comes through town) seem to be yuppies slapping on a new store bought tye dye and playing hippy for a week.
Have wanted to go for a while just to check it out. Not enough to schedule my summer around it. I think I would like the artsy part of it. I'm not a druggy and I don't like most hippies. In my experience hippies tend to be the most selfish and judgemental folks around.
Not a fan generally.
Interesting idea though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Like fearsome said it's a lot of bay area yuppies coming out to the desert to act like idiots. I'll take their money for our local economy though and say thank you all the way.

~lyser

Rookie
A lot of the burning man crowd now (judging from a far as the slew of humanity comes through town) seem to be yuppies slapping on a new store bought tye dye and playing hippy for a week.
Have wanted to go for a while just to check it out. Not enough to schedule my summer around it. I think I would like the artsy part of it. I'm not a druggy and I don't like most hippies. In my experience hippies tend to be the most selfish and judgemental folks around.
Not a fan generally.
Interesting idea though.

I think you would HATE it. I like drugs and am fairly tolerant of hippie bullshit and I wanted to leave after the first few days.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
freak off, Burning Man. I literally lived inside a giant mushroom for a week and half. Well, not a real mushroom, my idiot neo-hippie friends made it out of some sort of inflatable plastic material. It looked kinda cool, but it was hot as balls during the day and cold as freak at night. The first day or so was OK, until it became filled with sand, puke, sweat, beer, semen and tick. I'm pretty sure more than one person took a crap in that thing too. "Don't worry, you can live at our camp, in our disgusting body-fluid and semi-fluid filled inflatable mushroom". freak off.

freaking dirt bag freeloaders in the desert wanting to trade a plate of beans for the drugs I was there to sell, and then calling me an icehole for demanding cash. freak off.

Ultra-aggressive homosexuals calling me repressed because I I am not "open to new experiences" which is code for "I have every right to grope you and make unwanted sexual advances because you will get kicked out of here if you give me the severe beating I deserve". freak off.

freaking blissed-out weirdos dressed up in queer costumes and prancing around the desert without a care in the world. Makes me sick. Want to really make a difference faggot? Go to Houston and grab a shovel.
Sounds like you had a great time

~lyser

Rookie
Conversations with the butterfly girl at Burning Man:

BG: "Somebody is not wearing a costume!"
Me: "Did you knit that butterfly get-up yourself?"
BG: "Yes, do you like it?"
Me: "Not really"
BG: "Having a bad burn?"
Me: "I would leave if I could, but my ride insists on staying"
BG: "You have no idea how awesome you are"
Me: "Umm, thanks"
BG: "I'm not just saying that, you are amazing and I think everybody realizes it but the most important person, you"
Me: "Ok"
BG: "No, really - I want you to say it - say 'I am an incredible, amazing individual'"
Me: "Sounds like kind of a douchey thing to say"
BG: "You have to love yourself and self affirmation is the starting point. Please say it."
Me: "No, my self esteem is fine, really."
BG: "Say 'I love myself'"
Me: "I don't wanna"
BG: "Please? For me?"
Me: "No"
BG: "Please?"
Me: "Fuck off"
BG: "C'mon, pretty please?"
Me: (sigh) "I love myself. Happy?"
BG: "Yes...do you want a blowjob?"

fearsomefour

Legend
Conversations with the butterfly girl at Burning Man:

BG: "Somebody is not wearing a costume!"
Me: "Did you knit that butterfly get-up yourself?"
BG: "Yes, do you like it?"
Me: "Not really"
BG: "Having a bad burn?"
Me: "I would leave if I could, but my ride insists on staying"
BG: "You have no idea how awesome you are"
Me: "Umm, thanks"
BG: "I'm not just saying that, you are amazing and I think everybody realizes it but the most important person, you"
Me: "Ok"
BG: "No, really - I want you to say it - say 'I am an incredible, amazing individual'"
Me: "Sounds like kind of a douchey thing to say"
BG: "You have to love yourself and self affirmation is the starting point. Please say it."
Me: "No, my self esteem is fine, really."
Me: "I don't wanna"
BG: "Please? For me?"
Me: "No"
BG: "Please?"
Me: "freak off"
BG: "C'mon, pretty please?"
Me: (sigh) "I love myself. Happy?"
BG: "Yes...do you want a blowjob?"
LOL.
It got better at the end I suppose.
If nothing else it would shut her up for a few minutes.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I know someone who has been going for years that says it's changed a lot but is still fun as long as you are prepared.

In my experience hippies tend to be the most selfish and judgemental folks around.

Well hippie "types" these days you mean I think. Selfish, not from my experience but judgmental hell yes. If you aren't like them you're "stupid" and beneath them. They are very arrogant without knowing that they are. Just my opinion of course.

I think you would HATE it. I like drugs and am fairly tolerant of hippie bullcrap and I wanted to leave after the first few days.

It's on my bucket list but I will probably only stay 2-3 nights.

I would have whipped out my DNA rifle and started jacking off and said "instead of saying it for you I'll show you how I love myself, actions speak louder than words right!"

Why the fuck would you turn down a blow job?

It seems like I hardly even know you anymore!

:ROFLMAO:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Real hippies wouldn't be out at Burning Man. They don't have the money to buy a ticket it's all yuppies.

~lyser

Rookie
I know someone who has been going for years that says it's changed a lot but is still fun as long as you are prepared.

Well hippie "types" these days you mean I think. Selfish, not from my experience but judgmental hell yes. If you aren't like them you're "stupid" and beneath them. They are very arrogant without knowing that they are. Just my opinion of course.

I would have whipped out my DNA rifle and started jacking off and said "instead of saying it for you I'll show you how I love myself, actions speak louder than words right!"

Why the freak would you turn down a blow job?

Why the freak would you turn down a blow job?

Umm...did I say i turned it down? It was the least she could do AND, as @fearsomefour said, it was the only way I could get her to shut the fuck up.

There, is your faith in humanity restored?

Oh, and it turns out butterflys are spitters - who knew?

HellRam

Starter
Real hippies wouldn't be out at Burning Man. They don't have the money to buy a ticket it's all yuppies.

You would think due to the cost, but they find a way. I work a route not too far from the god forsaken event. For years I've seen these people and wondered how they could afford it. Trust me their is no shortage of rift raft and vagabonds.

As for the hippie comments...yeah they are something else. Been ripped off by hippies more then once, they also start shit with you when you are working. Im not big on categorizing people but damn do these people make it hard.