Bucs willing to trade QB Mike Glennon?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Is Mike Glennon on the trade block?
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

When all is said and done, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could end up with more than the six draft picks they presently hold.

i

Glennon

General manager Jason Licht previously has made it clear the Bucs are willing toentertain offers to trade down from the seventh overall spot in the draft. Now comes news of the potential for adding another pick or picks.

ESPN’s Adam Caplan told Tampa radio station WDAE (620 AM) that he believes the Bucs are trying to move backup quarterback Mike Glennon. There’s some pretty good logic to that.

Although Glennon started 13 games last season, it was for the previous coaching staff. One of the first moves new coach Lovie Smith made was to go out and sign veteran Josh McCown. Smith promptly named McCown his No. 1 quarterback.

Smith has been complimentary of Glennon, but it’s pretty obvious the coach isn’t enamored with the second-year quarterback. There have been reports that the Bucs might be interested in drafting Johnny Manziel with their first-round pick.

If that happens, Glennon would drop another notch on the depth chart. But, to other teams, Glennon might be more valuable than a third-string quarterback. The Bucs possibly could end up with a mid-round pick in exchange for Glennon. This is one situation to keep an eye on as the draft gets closer.

Report: Bucs willing (or maybe eager) to trade Mike Glennon
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 1, 2014

350x-111.jpg
AP

The Buccaneers signed quarterback Josh McCown this offseason, and might draft a future starter next week.

Which means they have a gently used former third-rounder, which could be yours for the price of less than that.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, the Bucs are willing to trade quarterback Mike Glennon.

Last year’s third-round pick started 13 games, and was not awful. There were stretches when he looked downright competent, so someone who valued him a year ago might be willing to part with something to bring him in at a reduced rate.

The Bucs have been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Johnny Manziel, so with McCown already on hand for short-term cover, Glennon would be extraneous.

The Bucs could also stand to add some picks, as they’re short a fourth-rounder (the remnants of the Darrelle Revis trade).

jjab360

Legend
Wow, Bucs sure have some tough standards when it comes to QBs that make them happy.

19 TDs, 9 Ints ain't bad for a rookie..

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Good. One more team possibly looking to draft a QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Typical Lovie Smith move. He took one look at the Smallish London Fletcher and decided Jamie Duncan could do the job better.

He takes one look at the gawky, lanky, thin Glennon and decides the NFL journeyman McCown can do better. Glennon played well for a rookie. No reason to be so quick to jettison him. I hope he regrets it just like I regretted him coming to the Rams and jettisoning my, then, favorite defender.

I am glad Lovie isn't coaching the Rams. He should stick to being a DC.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lovie is a very good coach. But I don't trust his decisions on personnel.

Just because you are good at one, doesn't mean you are good at both. Plenty of examples to support that... I'm looking at you Mike Holmgren.

iced

Wow, Bucs sure have some tough standards when it comes to QBs that make them happy.

19 TDs, 9 Ints ain't bad for a rookie..

lol trust me,a lot of bucs fans want a new qb.

booger mcfarland does the sportstalk over here, and awhile ago he mentioned how glennon was 0 for 30'ish on 3rd and long (i think he said 3rd and 7 or longer). only qb in the league.

thats a pretty bad stat? not even one? thats why in tampa hes known as captain check down

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Glennon is fantastic. If the Bucs get rid of Glennon, somebody better get rid of Lovie. I don't trust his judgement on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively? He's a genius. But he can't evaluate QBs.

We should pick him up, by the way. For a 4th/5th round? Better than a QB in this draft, and he has starting experience.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
lol trust me,a lot of bucs fans want a new qb.

booger mcfarland does the sportstalk over here, and awhile ago he mentioned how glennon was 0 for 30'ish on 3rd and long (i think he said 3rd and 7 or longer). only qb in the league.

thats a pretty bad stat? not even one? thats why in tampa hes known as captain check down

He had some rough patches. But he was playing under a bunch of idiots and he was very inexperienced. The kid is phenomenal. I know a lot of TB fans, and they don't know football. They have no idea what they have. With Doug Martin back, their new upgraded line, hopefully better coaching staff, probably a new fancy WR like Evans, and just more experience and snaps at the position, I think Glennon breaks out.

iced

He had some rough patches. But he was playing under a bunch of idiots and he was very inexperienced. The kid is phenomenal. I know a lot of TB fans, and they don't know football. They have no idea what they have. With Doug Martin back, their new upgraded line, hopefully better coaching staff, probably a new fancy WR like Evans, and just more experience and snaps at the position, I think Glennon breaks out.

if i were a new head coach,i wouldnt put my career or faith in glennon's hands,especially after signing mccown.. draft a new qb, put mccown in - no point in having glennon

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
if i were a new head coach,i wouldnt put my career or faith in glennon's hands,especially after signing mccown.. draft a new qb, put mccown in - no point in having glennon

I don't understand. A new drafted QB isn't any more proven than Glennon, even if he is Lovie's choice. If I had to put my career into any QBs hands, I would rather put my career into the hands of Glennon who has 2600 career yards, a 19:9 TD/INT ratio (2.1 TDs to 1 INT, better than say...Bradford's), and a 83.9 career passer rating. Much better than a rookie's straight 0s.

And McCown is still there. He can start the year if he really had to, and if Glennon is bad he can take over.

I don't understand how Glennon isn't better any rookie at this point, unless you have a HOF type grade on some rookie. He's proven his effectiveness.

iced

I don't understand. A new drafted QB isn't any more proven than Glennon, even if he is Lovie's choice. If I had to put my career into any QBs hands, I would rather put my career into the hands of Glennon who has 2600 career yards, a 19:9 TD/INT ratio (2.1 TDs to 1 INT, better than say...Bradford's), and a 83.9 career passer rating. Much better than a rookie's straight 0s.

And McCown is still there. He can start the year if he really had to, and if Glennon is bad he can take over.

I don't understand how Glennon isn't better any rookie at this point, unless you have a HOF type grade on some rookie. He's proven his effectiveness.

no, you just think glennon is a lot better than i do.did you watch much of him this year? I did cause i live in the tampa area - and needless to say,i share the same opinion as a lot of bucs fans here

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
no, you just think glennon is a lot better than i do.did you watch much of him this year? I did cause i live in the tampa area - and needless to say,i share the same opinion as a lot of bucs fans here

I live in the Tampa area as well. Well, actually St. Augustine but yes, I watched him. Tampa and Jax is all that's televised.

We have differing opinions, that's cool. I saw a very mature intelligent QB who made his abysmal team look competitive. But it's all good, your opinion.

ausmurp

Starter
I live in the Tampa area as well. Well, actually St. Augustine but yes, I watched him. Tampa and Jax is all that's televised.

We have differing opinions, that's cool. I saw a very mature intelligent QB who made his abysmal team look competitive. But it's all good, your opinion.

I agree Glennon played very well for a rookie. I understand your judgement at the QB position iced, but he was a rookie. You take that into consideration, you can't just judge him like a vet. He was amazing. If he played all 16 games he would've easily won rookie of the yr. Easily. That is a promise. And his stats would've been way better than Bradford and even Lucks rookie seasons..

ausmurp

Starter
I would gladly give a 4th rd pick for him. Maybe even a 3rd. Better than drafting any of the rookies who will be avail in 4th or 3rd. Lovie is an idiot.