Bucs to pass on Winston?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If anyone is wondering why the Bucs are where they are...
Citing a league source "familiar with the inner workings of the Buccaneers," Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports Bucs co-owner Darcie Glazer Kassewitz "has raised some internal questions" about the community relations impact of selecting Florida State QB Jameis Winston.
Bucs GM Jason Licht and coach Lovie Smith seem sold on Winston, but Robinson reports they "won't have the final say." Kassewitz is the daughter of late Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer. Robinson calls Kassewitz "one of the voices in the Bucs' front office whose opinion could influence the pick," and someone who will be examining Winston's off-field history, which is known to be a bit checkered. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole has since corroborated Robinson's story.

The Rams were there not too long ago with Georgia Frontiere. Smart owners let the people they hire to run the team actually run the team.

Will be interesting to see what happens if they pass on Winston. The Titans will be very happy...because they'll get some seriously good offers imo. I hope the Rams would consider offering.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As thin as our O Line is, I'd be fine with trading this draft for Winston and trying to fill the holes in free agency.

But the Bucs are gonna take him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't justify trading up for a guy that immature. Talented as hell, but to take a quarterback that immature off the field...I'd be very frustrated with this front office if we signed more free agents for the offensive line instead of doing what they said they would do: build through the draft.

As for the stupidity of the Bucs, there's a reason why one of my friends is tempted to disown them as her team.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If the Bucks don't want Winston, the #1 pick is for sale.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Bucks don't want Winston, the #1 pick is for sale.

Can't do that if they want one of the top two QBs...unless they'll somehow pull off a three team deal. Even then, I doubt they'd do it if they really want Mariota.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Can't do that if they want one of the top two QBs...unless they'll somehow pull off a three team deal. Even then, I doubt they'd do it if they really want Mariota.
Sure, if they prefer Mariota. Which they may.
Apparently, it's going to be the owners call.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The owners daughter will prefer Mariota, I bet.

I love Winston's potential but I don't like his personality and flippant attitude. I think he is a huge risk. If he grows up then you have something but how long is that gonna take?

I don't think I would want the Rams to trade up for him.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I loved what Mike Mayock said today on Path to the draft.. paraphrasing here but he talked about Winston's pro day pulled Kurt a side and watched his 18 INTs tape this season. He kept talking about how he keep putting his team behind w/ arguably best offensive supporting cast in college...
I'm really thinking to pass on all QBs this draft and focus on OL, DE,CB &MLB

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The question is whether teams think Winston and Mariota are franchise QB's or just the best two QB's in the draft.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This guy pays for his crab legs
image.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams were there not too long ago with Georgia Frontiere. Smart owners let the people they hire to run the team actually run the team.
I hope by saying this^, your not inferring that "Queen Georgia" was a smart owner. She was anything but! You can tell by the FO she hired and the people she trusted!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think, if they pass on Winston, it has something to do with something that came up in their background check, or something that has happened after the season was over. I'm sure they were none too excited to see Winston argue, more than once, with the guy that scripted his Pro Day.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope by saying this^, your not inferring that "Queen Georgia" was a smart owner. She was anything but! You can tell by the FO she hired and the people she trusted!

Nope. I'm saying the opposite. She got involved and hired a bunch of her friends to run the team rather than good football people.

FRO

Legend
I think they are just following orders to make the draft more interesting. Wasn't there some speculation the Colts may go RGIII?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think they are just following orders to make the draft more interesting. Wasn't there some speculation the Colts may go RGIII?
Yes there was. Also, Ryan Leaf over Manning.