Bucs fan coming to St. Louis looking for info

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I COME IN PEACE...not here to troll or talk trash. I'm coming down from Wisconsin and I've never been to St. Louis before. Wondering if I could get some help on whats there to do in St. Louis, how is tailgating and where do people hang out after games? Thank you! I'll be there Thursday-Saturday
Make sure to get your hotel in East St louis

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
My Boy Blue - give me some names. Looking for a good Indian / Thai place in West County ( I live in Glendale) - my wife and I were just talking about that the other day. We have recently developed a nice hankering for Indian food.

Saffron off Manchester Rd is our favorite Indian place. I've had pretty much everything off the menu there. I like it all, don't think I could pick a favorite dish. My wife works with a couple of doctors from India, they both eat there regularly. For Thai my favorite place is Manee Thai in the Dierburg's shopping center off Manchester. There is a Mediterranean place in there too but I forget the name. It has Greek/Lebanon influences. I had something called Lamb Manseif or something like that there. Really good. My wife's favorite Thai is this tiny place call Thai Bistro closer to Ellisville. It was pretty dang good too, but the Spicy Mussels with sauce at Mannee Thai I just can't get enough of. There are a few more we do for lunch, but those are tops in my book.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Saffron off Manchester Rd is our favorite Indian place. I've had pretty much everything off the menu there. I like it all, don't think I could pick a favorite dish. My wife works with a couple of doctors from India, they both eat there regularly. For Thai my favorite place is Manee Thai in the Dierburg's shopping center off Manchester. There is a Mediterranean place in there too but I forget the name. It has Greek/Lebanon influences. I had something called Lamb Manseif or something like that there. Really good. My wife's favorite Thai is this tiny place call Thai Bistro closer to Ellisville. It was pretty dang good too, but the Spicy Mussels with sauce at Mannee Thai I just can't get enough of. There are a few more we do for lunch, but those are tops in my book.

Fantastic.... looks like I'll be heading west on Manchester soon!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I definitely echo the sentiments about the city museum. My wife and I got married there. The reason, because we had friends from all over and we wanted something unique for them. I have never even heard of a place like the City Museum yet alone be there. If you go to St. Louis, definitely go to the City Museum, there's nothing else like it anywhere

Eating on the Hill is nice, but there's a pub near there called O'Connell's that's really good too. If it's lunch time and you're near the Hill/Forest Park try Amighetti's on the Hill and get their special sandwich, you can thank me later

I've been to STL many times and have never been there. After reading your post I googled it to learn more.

That is a great place for a wedding for sure!

Next trip to STL this is on the agenda. Thank you!

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
I've been to STL many times and have never been there. After reading your post I googled it to learn more.

That is a great place for a wedding for sure!

Next trip to STL this is on the agenda. Thank you!

Late to the party here but just wanted to emphasize or reaffirm what others have already said about how St. Louis has some of the best museums and locations especially for its size. The city museum, the art museum, the zoo, and the science center are some of the best in the nation. Little cold for the zoo though but the other three are definitely worth the time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Late to the party here but just wanted to emphasize or reaffirm what others have already said about how St. Louis has some of the best museums and locations especially for its size. The city museum, the art museum, the zoo, and the science center are some of the best in the nation. Little cold for the zoo though but the other three are definitely worth the time.

I like that because the city I am from, Cleveland, has world class museums as well. Not to mention recently their orchestra was considered one of the top 3 in the world. The Art Museum is also world class and the Natural History Museum is no slouch either.

I've always appreciated that type of thing!

Stel

Starter

I'll give another thumbs up to Saffron. We've been several times when we've been in St. Louis. Excellent food and helpful staff.

rams2050

Starter
The Zoo has many exhibits which are under roof so don't let that dissuade you. Plus, the weather is just right for their recently completed Penguin and Puffin Coast, complete with polar bear in his new environs nearby.

Stel

Starter
Have to put my two cents in on Italian, too. My opinion has changed over the years. I no longer think the best Italian is on The Hill. Best Italian in St. Louis is Roberto's Trattoria. It is inside 270 but south. Concord Plaza Shopping Center. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but you'll love it on the inside.