Bucky Brooks Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Overkill. Wentz is going to need time before he starts. Could be 6 weeks @ minimum up to a year. Rams have to be all in if they pick him in round one.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd grab some talent around our young QB...much like the Jags, Raiders, and even the Colts did.....put some pieces around him to help with his success and build needed chemistry...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/275601

Bucky has the Rams taking Wentz at 15. The reason I'm posting, is that he has Lynch slipping to round two. My question, even if we take Wentz, do we make a move up in the second to try and get Lynch too?? It would be overkill, but better chances we hit on one. Thoughts?

It's an interesting thought but I think you have to go all in on Wentz if he's your guy. Surround him with talent.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's an interesting thought but I think you have to go all in on Wentz if he's your guy. Surround him with talent.

Yeah I wasn't thinking of using this years collateral. Like our second and next years third to jump back up. Then use the extra second on the top receiver and this years third on the top TE, or whatever. That way if Wentz isn't the real deal, maybe Lynch is. Or better yet, if they both are, we trade one for a big return. I dunno. I wouldn't be upset if it happened, but I highly doubt any of the top three/four make it to the second round.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...draft-make-rams-instant-winner-in-los-angeles

Will NFL draft make Rams instant winner in Los Angeles?
  • 0ap1000000217559.jpg
  • By Chase Goodbread

As if an offseason transition from St. Louis to Los Angeles isn't enough of a change for the Rams, the club could also find itself making a transition at the most important position on the field.

New city, new quarterback?

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks identified the Rams among six teams that need to draft a quarterback this year, noting the club needs a more dynamic link between its top two playmakers: burgeoning star rusherTodd Gurley and versatile dynamoTavon Austin. The Rams did so just last year, taking Sean Mannion from Oregon State in the third round of the 2015 draft. His rookie season amounted to just seven pass attempts, however, asthe club turned instead to Case Keenum when starter Nick Foles faltered.

So what traits does a quarterback in coach Jeff Fisher's offense require?

Top senior quarterbacks in the draft include North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, Michigan State's Connor Cook, Arkansas' Brandon Allen, N.C. State's Jacoby Brissett, Mississippi State's Dak Prescott and USC's Cody Kessler. The Rams will have a chance to see all those except Cook at the Reese'sSenior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., later this month. Top underclassmen at the position that have indicated they intend to enter the 2016 NFL Draft include Memphis' Paxton Lynch, Cal's Jared Goff, Ohio State's Cardale Jones and Penn State's Christian Hackenberg.
"Jeff Fisher wants to be able to run the ball and dominate physically, so in a quarterback, he wants someone like Steve McNair was, who is efficient and doesn't turn the ball over," said NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein. "Someone who will complement a running game, someone who can run playaction and convert third downs. I think (Paxton) Lynch fits that mold. He has the athleticism to bootleg out and run, and convert third downs with his feet, and his interception numbers were very low last year. In a brand new city, you get an extended honeymoon. So what better time to bring in a young quarterback who is still growing?"

The Rams hold the No. 15 overall pick in the first round, though the first round might not necessarily be the right time for the Rams to make a move at that position. Zierlein believes wide receiver is the club's most pressing need.

If the right quarterback is available at the right time, however, a rookie-meets-Los Angeles introduction could be forthcoming.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Bucky has the Rams taking Wentz at 15. The reason I'm posting, is that he has Lynch slipping to round two. My question, even if we take Wentz, do we make a move up in the second to try and get Lynch too?? It would be overkill, but better chances we hit on one. Thoughts?
All I know is that if an NFL team selects a QB with each of their first 2 draft picks, the GM ought to be wearing a "Fire Me" t-shirt

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

I like this idea. I heard someone say that the backup QB is your teams second most important position. If you look at how our year played out the point is valid. Truth is we don't know how good any of these guys are going to be until they're staring down the end of a rifle.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My first blush says I prefer Wentz to Lynch.

I liked the comparison that Wentz was a fusion of Tebow and Roethlisberger. Well, really he's more Roethlisberger with Tebow's mobility, but I get the idea.

A guy like that in this offense... OOOF. I know how much of a pain it is to spy Russell Wilson. Having some read option and triple option plays in the book will give DCs fits.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol! No. We need a QB to win in the NFL. Not the shite we've trotted onto the field since Bulger. Why not double up knowing the hit rate of a draft pick isn't 100%.
Because you've got to commit to one of them to know whether or not they've got what it takes. And the player taken with that other pick can help the team right away

nighttrain

Legend
Because you've got to commit to one of them to know whether or not they've got what it takes. And the player taken with that other pick can help the team right away
And you need to stay with your guy for two three years, unless he's a complete bust, then so long Fish and his new QB
train

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

By that logic we should stay with Foles for 2 more years.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wentz nor Goff will be a bust, I am certain of that

Nobody on earth can be certain of that. Nothing is a sure thing. Everyone said the same crap about RG3. Hence the boatload of picks trade. He was a sure thing superstar. But I hear you on earlier posts about sticking with the one you draft first.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By that logic we should stay with Foles for 2 more years.
So youre saying you can draft a QB that has 3 years of NFL experience? Talk about faulty logic....
There's only 1 football and you're not going to draft a QB with each of your 1st 2 picks, its just nonsensical.