Bucky Brooks: Gurley vs. Gordon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I get the love for Gurley. Let us not forget that Gordon played with bad wheels. The comparisons will continue.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get the love for Gurley. Let us not forget that Gordon played with bad wheels. The comparisons will continue.

He was perfectly fine to start the season while Gurley was in a knee brace all year. I know Gordon can do better than he did last year, but he's not on Gurley's level and he never was.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Gordon played behind a solid line in college. He's looking to have a bounce back season. I hope h pans out. I'd still rather have Gurley.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
True, but it's not like Gurley was 100% either. Gordon will have to have a monster season to get back into the conversation of elite backs.
I'm a fan of great RB's in general so i'm hoping he bounces back.

TheBunk

Rookie
Are we going to be selective about Bucky's projections though, cause he's very high on Goff.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gordon played behind a solid line in college. He's looking to have a bounce back season. I hope h pans out. I'd still rather have Gurley.

Yeah blame it on Big Rob. Rob Havenstein is a stud RT. He will be an all/pro RT soon. He by most scouting reports was over drafted.The Rams had him slated as a top O-lineman. Talk about excellent scouting. Add Wichmann & Brown !! The Rams will be starting 2 O'Lineman from 2015 draft with the 3rd being the swingman.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Are we going to be selective about Bucky's projections though, cause he's very high on Goff.

Selective? No

Sometimes you're right and sometimes you're not

Let's not make a big deal out of nothing El Bunk! :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Bucky's doing what scouting types often do in the media: outsmarting himself. Prior to last year's draft I really liked Gordon, and that's even knowing he ran behind a dominant line. But the way Gurley played last year trying to find something that Gordon does better is media BS. Because TGII made our line look good last season when they were very hit and miss, and it showed in the avg per carry of the backs.

This season it's a completely different deal in terms of the OL play up front. I can't even imagine how badly TG is going to go the F off this season given reasonable improvement in those young OL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This season it's a completely different deal in terms of the OL play up front. I can't even imagine how badly TG is going to go the F off this season given reasonable improvement in those young OL.

I want to post a picture of an erect penis but I don't want to get banned.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I want to post a picture of an erect penis but I don't want to get banned.

How about a picture of a dick, instead?
upload_2016-9-1_10-8-10.png

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I like Bucky, he's pretty reasonable for the most part. I think alot of people were not sure about our guy coming back from the ACL but he proved all that wrong.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like Bucky, he's pretty reasonable for the most part. I think alot of people were not sure about our guy coming back from the ACL but he proved all that wrong.

Doubts about the ACL is one thing. Saying Gordon is more explosive and has better vision than Gurley is another. Gurley is also significantly faster than Gordon past the 10 yard mark.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gurley is also significantly faster than Gordon past the 10 yard mark.
I never thought Gordon was in Gurley's class....but still liked Gordon even tho he played in a weaker(?) conference....After his 40 time, I figured he was JAG.....he's alright...but so is Malcolm Brown....

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Doubts about the ACL is one thing. Saying Gordon is more explosive and has better vision than Gurley is another. Gurley is also significantly faster than Gordon past the 10 yard mark.

Oh I didn't read the link yet, I gave Bucky a pass because I generally like the guy. You hit some and you miss some, this was his miss probably lol.

My ACL comment was more on why alot of "experts" were higher on Gordon and Gurley at the time. They all try to take the "safe pick" and ACLs tend to be "risky" but we know how that turned out :D