Bucky Brooks Breaks It Down: Tre Mason vs.Chargers Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They have some similarities, namely the natural physical power and difficulty to bring down. What really impressed me with Barber was his nose for the endzone, some guys just have that. Hopefully Mason will as well, but for now what does set him a bit apart is his speed. He has some getup that I don't recall seeing with Barber.

I'm really excited to see what Mason can do with more carries. If you look at the Chargers' defense, for example, they give up a high number of yards per carry given the low number of long runs given up. What I'm thinking is his speed is going to be very dangerous to them, and I could see him going the F off on that defense.

Hope it happens, because man this is a big game for the Rams.

Alan

Legend
I really don't know what to think about our RB corps. Every few weeks it's a different guy we're supposed to be excited about. I've decided to wait until one of them becomes our main back for at least a year and a half. Next year Pead comes back too. Frankly, if the blocking is there I'm not sure it's all that important who we have starting. That's knowing that they all have talent of course.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I really don't know what to think about our RB corps. Every few weeks it's a different guy we're supposed to be excited about. I've decided to wait until one of them becomes our main back for at least a year and a half. Next year Pead comes back too. Frankly, if the blocking is there I'm not sure it's all that important who we have starting. That's knowing that they all have talent of course.

I get where you're coming from Al but Mason has made so much progress since PS games I think he's going to hang onto the 1 pos unless he gets hurt or leaves it on the ground .

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Stacy has disappeared wassup wiff dat
Stacy is good but bruises easy. I didn't he's played a full game without checking himself out for a few plays. Remember? Tre? Haven't seen him pull himself out. Stacy appears fragil.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I like Tre, Benny, and Watts. Bring back Pead next year and trade Zac Stacy for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Frankly, if the blocking is there I'm not sure it's all that important who we have starting.
That's the truth of it, and why I think running backs aren't generally drafted as high as they used to be.

But I'm fine with using different backs in different situations, though I do think that Mason has a great combination of explosiveness and strength that really works well with our line ... for now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would use Stacy in the second half if the Rams have a lead. Schott likes to run up the middle and if the Rams want to eat up the clock and wear out the D while slowly moving the chains Stacy is perfect for that and it saves wear and tear on Mason.

I'll call Fisher this afternoon and let him know.

Alan

Legend
Thordaddy forgetting the past:
I get where you're coming from Al but Mason has made so much progress since PS games I think he's going to hang onto the 1 pos unless he gets hurt or leaves it on the ground .
I could show you lots of threads concerning Stacy where I think most were saying the same thing about him. We also said much of the same stuff about Richardson until we didn't.

I wasn't enthused about Richardson (although because we cut him and they sold his jersey for less than half price, his name is on the only Ram jersey I own :LOL:) and I said the day we drafted Stacy that he was injury prone. Always seemed to be nicked up in college. I consoled myself with the thought that he was only a 5th rounder. Now Mason is the new flavor of the month. I have a feeling that I'll be able to pick up (actually one of my sons bought the one I have now) his jersey really cheaply in a year or so. Hope not.

Alan

Legend
Ballhawk with this:
What would make anyone think that?
Because he is?

I'm not saying he's gonna be our starter at RB but I doubt they'll make a terminal decision about him until after they see him in camp. If he does well then who knows with this coach?

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mason has the burst and home run ability that neither Cunningham or Stacy has. That's the difference. That's why they drafted him and why he'll be the starter going forward. I don't see Pead returning.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mason has the burst and home run ability that neither Cunningham or Stacy has. That's the difference. That's why they drafted him and why he'll be the starter going forward. I don't see Pead returning.

Agreed. Also, if you look at Fish's history, he's not a RB by committee coach. He loves to have his primary horse he can ride in the running game. When a guy like Fish keeps doing committee, it means he's still trying to figure out which one's gonna be that horse.

Only way that changes the rest of the way is if Mason gets dinged up. Mason's used to the carries and being the horse, and as you said has the talent to finish out this season with a choke hold on the starting spot.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
With Stacy not playing at all his trade value isn't going to be anything more tha where we drafted him. So what's more valuable to this team...a 5th round pick or sure depth?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The last time the chargers put up more than 20 pts was in week 6 against the Raider. I think, this week, the Rams will run-all-over them! to the tune of 200+ yards via Mason, Cunningham, and Stacy, and 2 Rushing TD's!! And then we'll really put the Hurt to 'em Via our passing attack!!!!:D

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Like Mason, would still like Todd Gurley better
IMO, Gurley will go way too high in the draft for us to be interested. And, despite his talent, we have plenty of horses in that stable already.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Stacy has disappeared wassup wiff dat
I know... I've been wondering the same thing. It's not like his production fell off or something. He just stopped getting carries.

If I had editing skills, I'd edit him into the "Runaway Train" video.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I like Tre, Benny, and Watts. Bring back Pead next year and trade Zac Stacy for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

The Colts and Broncos are both in need (horse theme hmmm) of a RB. Especially the Colts since they got fleeced by the Browns on the TRichardson trade. I was figuring the Colts would be calling but I guess not, maybe this offseason.