bubbaramfan's 8/16 TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
DB Hill got time with 1's, he did a good job sticking with Wr's.
I didn't know until last nights Hard Knocks that Hill's Dad is Former Ram David Hill!

My highlight: Battle pancaked Simms and Hayes.
WOW!! Can't wait to see Battle Hit the Field/ Our opponents!!

I Got to talk with DeMacro Farr. He seems to think rams talent is there to make the playoffs, but the youth (Rams still youngest team in NFL) and inexperience will take them another season or two before they can put it all toghether for a really good playoff run.
I love the insight from DeMarco, BUT I hope he wrong on the Time Table!

" Nice Report BubbaramFan!!"(y)(y):D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
"Your the Man Bubba"!

Some comments on your above masterpiece report.....

Anyone else excited over the prospect that RDE Ian Seau might be something worth keeping? After we were tortured with poor pass rush performance by Sims & Hayes in 2015 season. Am I wrong to think we need some youthful up & coming DE pass rusher added to this defense? Told you guys that CB Troy Hill was worth watching.......

Any Isaiah Battle information coming into this site is seriously welcomed...so Isaiah pancaked our starting DE's Sims & Hayes you say....:yess:. We need Battle to be our swing OT by the end of pre season.

Yes noticed Cory Harkey's size too last Saturday but I also think that Saffold is down a lot from last season @ this time probably closer to 320 lbs than 335 that they have him listed. I seen Folkerts all over the interior posts & now I see he is getting a ton of work @ center with the 2nds. I thought that if Kush was to be pushed @ back up center that it would be Folkerts. He has a few big mistakes last week.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Nicely done @bubbaramfan I enjoy the reports from camp and would like to go there some time, definitely a bucket list item. Looking forward to hearing more about your conversations especially interested in what Barron had to say, did you talk about the transition to playing for GW?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
B4 I start asking a bunch of questions, man take a bow...excellent report...feel like I'm there...Feel like I know more about how to move around out there...
4pm horn, field changes. N field LB's DB's and WR's. S field, TE's and QB's. WR's and DB's,LB's bump and run first contact off snap. Db's and WR's really getting after it. GW was right there screaming at Db's. (no soft coverage next Saturday?) Whoever is Wr coach sure gave em hell too. Fisher also came over and put his 2 cents in.that went on for 20 min.
Finally some tight man coverage...any standouts? Was EJ out there? Any clue what that guy #9 Hill is looking like? And what the hell has happened to #3 or #8 Marquez North? I think I'm going out today...Perhaps Quick & Britt will get some much needed targets:yess:...against that db from the Chiefs...Marcus Peters...

Only subs were Keenum for Goff
Did Goff start this session? First with the 11 on 11's?

DB Hill got time with 1's, he did a good job sticking with Wr's.
I'm glad...I think Hill is a steal....How about Sensabaugh? He look any different?
My highlight: Battle pancaked Simms and Hayes.
Curious about Battle...what does he look like to YOU? Is he a player? I don't think I've ever seen him on the field..Even when I watched clips of Clemson, I could hardly see what he does, play to play...

When I was at Oxnard last year, the size of the players...was just...they are really huge men...And when I saw Harkey...he's easily as big as most linemen...I think he was gonna get one target last game, but Goff was sacked. I like how they use him as a fullback more...our running game was looking awesome. How did Brown & Green look in the passing to the rb's drill? No reps for them?

I think the drill with the medicine ball is to train the linemen to keep their hands inside. Refs look to call holding when your hands are around the shoulders...

Again, great report bro...take a bow...and a nice nap:sleepz:.(y);)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Only concern with Seau is he's a bit light in the pants in the run game. For him to stick he's going to need to show an ability to anchor and contain vs the run and if he does that I think he's got a good chance.

I'm sorta surprised they haven't worked him at LB, at least they haven't that I've noticed. Seems like he'd be a good SAM type depth chart option, maybe a guy who could bring some depth there and at DE. Definitely gonna be a strong special teams guy I'd assume, although I have not really watched the teams' play to see individuals as of yet.

Ram65

Legend
You know your stuff and now we know more! Thanks..

minus Quinn, I never saw his # on the field). Hayes

Simms looks slow. My highlight: Battle pancaked Simms and Hayes.

This Quinn absents has me worried. Simms just doesn't do much for me. Did you show you anything?

A lot of passes to Gurley coming out of the backfield. Cunningham too. this seemed to be something they concentrated on because they didn't substitute on either side of the ball for, like 15 minutes.

Great news.I expected Rams to take advantage of Gurley's hand and open field ability as a pass catcher. Cunningham gets a lot out of short passes.

Does the offense look noticeably better?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

This Quinn absents has me worried. Simms just doesn't do much for me. Did you show you anything?

Great news.I expected Rams to take advantage of Gurley's hand and open field ability as a pass catcher. Cunningham gets a lot out of short passes.

Quinn was down in Rio watching his sister compete in the Olympics.

No worries Brudda

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Quinn was excused, he's in Rio watching his sister compete in the Olympics. Nothing to worry about in this case.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Thanks @bubbaramfan, great report. I miss my time down there already. Did Duke get any targets in team drills? He had some nice TD catches in practice last week.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Thanks for a terrific camp report, bubba.

Love the way you just call it like you see it.

Some tantalizing and juicy tidbits to savor in that gem.

Barnes standing up Donald a couple of times? Iron sharpening iron?
Battle pancaking Sims and Hayes? That's pretty damned impressive.
Troy Hill might be making his move at CB? Like Gaines in '14, a little bit? Sensabaugh better pick it up or he could slip to 4th place as an outside CB. Maybe worse if Washington and Jordan keep rising.

Question: Did you notice how Ogletree is looking? I need to be reassured about him at MLB, frankly.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Nice for Quinn to be able to watch his sister and cool the Rams let him go, but his trip makes me nervous as a lifelong observer of Rams' Law (the NFL version of Murphy's Law)... Passport stolen? Surgically-repaired back tightens up on the hours-long plane flight? Weird zika or green water algae problems? Any and all are perfectly viable Rams Luck(TM) outcomes... And now I must go knock on wood, my head, or something to exorcise this jinx...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Thx Florida, you were influential in the shaping of my report. I've read many of your reports at originalherd over the years and respected the way you put what you saw down and left the reader to make their own opinion

I have more to post. I was fortunate to have a conversation with former Ram DT DeMarco Farr. I got some of his thoughts on the CBA, Rams draft (including Goff), and the Rams chances to make the playoffs. I also got to talk with Rams LB Mark Barron, and OL Andy Donnal. I didn't put this up with the report because it's lengthy, and people were waiting For a TC report. I've been on that end far too many times and I wanted to get it posted. Its nap time and I'll post the rest tomorrow.

Thanks for generous words bubbaram but this this was all you. Thanks for putting in the time and details from your personal observations and keeping it simple but detailed at the same time.

Again, very well done and looking forward to more in the future if you get back out there.

post-35374-nicolas-cage-fist-bump-gif-Con-8QKy.gif

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Bubba.....thanks for doing this. We the less fortunate apreciate it. I look forward to some of the insights you got from Farr and the players.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nice for Quinn to be able to watch his sister and cool the Rams let him go, but his trip makes me nervous as a lifelong observer of Rams' Law (the NFL version of Murphy's Law)... Passport stolen? Surgically-repaired back tightens up on the hours-long plane flight? Weird zika or green water algae problems? Any and all are perfectly viable Rams Luck(TM) outcomes... And now I must go knock on wood, my head, or something to exorcise this jinx...

His sister was going to take second in her heat.She was really moving.I think at one point even was in lead.Then she missed the second to last hurdle and ate it.Was last in her heat.
She screamed out (why)after she finally got up.It was a tough race to go out that way.