BTW, the Jaguar Defense is no joke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just like Seattle, we should be able to keep their scoring down. So... it likely comes down to our ability to score more.

I think we do.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just like Seattle, we should be able to keep their scoring down. So... it likely comes down to our ability to score more.

I think we do.

Jags will be able to put more pressure on Goff than Seattle, plus they run the ball much better, huge drop off at QB though, whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game, IMHO.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, we won’t be paying attention to our press this week. The focus will be outstanding and ball security will be emphasized. What killed our focus vs Seattle will be their problem this week as they are coming off their statement game against the Steelers. With Campbell in their middle, Goff won’t be able to camp in the pocket this time so expect more boots and play actions this week.

Looks like Longacre is trusted to set the edge over Quinn...hate to say it, but he’s the better player right now. Our pass rush will be better this week because there’s no Dak or Wussel that forces us to “mush rush” so we can rattle Bortles and make them one dimensional. They have a better OLine than the Hawks so our DLine needs it’s best game for us to win. The good news is that our secondary is starting to play better as a unit. I’m still worried about our linebackers getting washed out in the run.

I hope McVay doesn’t get tight and forget his creative roots and keep it fun for these guys on offense. This is a critical week for Sammy’s confidence and a week when Austin needs to take a back seat. I expect more of a short passing game on first downs as opposed to establishing runs w play action. Second down is where I’d feature play action. The initial script needs a hurry up feature to keep them off balance. As a matter of surprise, I’d bet Tavon gets to run a fly route.

This season just seems to get more interesting even through the disappointments. At least we have hope this year

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I expect more of a short passing game on first downs as opposed to establishing runs w play action. Second down is where I’d feature play action.
This got us into trouble in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when we abandoned the run and were one dimensional on offense. I'd prefer to go 13 packages and keep the Jags guessing on the run or pass on first down.

The Rams biggest advantage has been when the defense doesn't know what to expect. Old proverb: "An army has its greatest advantage when the enemy doesn't expect an attack."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Jaguars play Fisherball and do it well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/09/jaguars-threw-an-nfl-season-low-14-passes-on-sunday/

Jaguars threw an NFL season-low 14 passes on Sunday
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2017

ap_17281707404163-e1507544790167.jpg

AP

The Jaguars beat the Steelers with an old-school football offense on Sunday.

Throwing just 14 passes in yesterday’s 30-9 win, Jacksonville threw the least of any NFL team in any game this year or last year. Not since the Bills threw 12 passes in a game in 2015 has an NFL team thrown so seldom.

The Jaguars won primarily with their defense, which intercepted Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger five times while holding Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell to 47 yards on 15 carries. The Jaguars also got a huge game from running back Leonard Fournette, who had 28 carries for 181 yards and two touchdowns.

Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles went 8-for-14 for 95 yards, with no touchdowns and one interception. Not a good game, but his team won despite him.

During the offseason Jaguars coach Doug Marrone was quoted as saying the ideal number of throws per game for Bortles would be “zero.” He’s getting closer to his goal.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles went 8-for-14 for 95 yards, with no touchdowns and one interception. Not a good game, but his team won despite him.

During the offseason Jaguars coach Doug Marrone was quoted as saying the ideal number of throws per game for Bortles would be “zero.” He’s getting closer to his goal.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
And there you go, Coach McVay, Todd Gurley, and the Rams O-line. Run the ball down their throats until they collapse.
***********************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...steelers-offense-played-right-into-our-hands/

Barry Church: Steelers offense “played right into our hands”
Posted by Josh Alper on October 9, 2017

859078272-e1507568824125.jpg

Getty Images

The Jaguars came into Sunday’s game against the Steelers having allowed 569 rushing yards over their last three games while the Steelers were coming off a game when they handed the ball to Le'Veon Bell 35 times, which seems like a combination that would make for an easy choice about how to attack the Jacksonville defense.

It wasn’t the choice that the Steelers made, however. Despite trailing 7-6 at halftime and grabbing a 9-7 lead in the third quarter, the Steelers went away from the run game on Sunday. Bell only ran the ball 15 times on Sunday, something that Jaguars safety Barry Church said “played right into our hands.”

So did five of the 55 passes that Ben Roethlisberger threw while the Jaguars turned that 9-7 deficit into a 30-9 win, including two that the Jaguars returned for touchdowns. Church had one of those picks and said after the game that Roethlisberger looked uncomfortable.

“Oh yeah, we could definitely tell,” Church said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We were showing him multiple looks. He would go to first look, third look, man, and he would get flustered trying to make one of those miraculous Big Ben plays.”

Jaguars defensive tackle Malik Jackson said he thought Roethlisberger “looks good,” but that you could also “definitely tell he’s a little older and he was getting a little tired.” Sarcastic or not, Roethlisberger sounded a bit tired in his post-game comments and he’ll likely be seeing variations of what the Jaguars threw his way in the weeks to come as teams try to follow their path to beating the Steelers.

WvuIN02

Starter
Yea, that gameplan by Pittsburgh was questionable to say the least. I dont care who your QB is, if they're throwing 55 times you are probably losing. Considering how bad their D was against the run it makes it even more baffling. Bell was breaking runs in the second half then Haley just decided to stop running him. 55 attempts is just insanity.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
yeah...it took a while...but cream usually rises to the top....they have drafted pretty well....and have 2 outstanding FA's in that cb and the DL from Az....

Should be another good statement type game....we need it...offense looks.....idk, like we don't have a true identity yet...running team or passing team????? I think we should be balanced with a little more pass...set up the run with passes....

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Best test for our Offense and Play caller. Can he stick with the Run, use Play Action to open up the passing game, or will he abandon the Run like the Seattle game. Statistically Seattle was poor against the run, but many times looked excellent at stopping the run on the Rams. Not sure of statistics but saw a post where the Rams were doing well running against the 'hags and then abandoned it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Best test for our Offense and Play caller. Can he stick with the Run, use Play Action to open up the passing game, or will he abandon the Run like the Seattle game. Statistically Seattle was poor against the run, but many times looked excellent at stopping the run on the Rams. Not sure of statistics but saw a post where the Rams were doing well running against the 'hags and then abandoned it.

The Hag's rushed 25 time in the game for a total of 62 yards. With a long of 9 yards.
The Rams rushed 21 times for a total of 78 yards. I don't think either Team killed-it in the Run game!
And the Rams out did the Hag's 275 to 198 passing! We just lost on the score Board!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The Jets and Titans disagree. Jags are a good young team, but they have yet to put together consecutive good games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have no business losing to the Jags. They're better than years past, but they're still more flawed than we are. Make them throw the ball. Establish our running game. And don't make stupid errors.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Their D looks legit against Big Ben and the Steelers but Brown still had a great day and they are vulnerable if the Rams can establish Gurley and feed him the ball, he's got to have 25+ touches.

What scares me is Fournette and the Rams run defense. If they can't stop him it will be a long day.