Bruh, Where's Marshall?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No slam on Todd Gurley or even SJAX,but I look on Marshall's beautiful runs and YAC as something otherworldly. I knew at the time how special he was, but not as much how rare he was. Head knowledge vs. Heart knowledge

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
When you watch the highlights of Faulk's run (Browns 99) and then they go do the sidelines, Vermeil says to Faulk "Marshall, we did not block anyone on that play." Classic!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you watch the highlights of Faulk's run (Browns 99) and then they go do the sidelines, Vermeil says to Faulk "Marshall, we did not block anyone on that play." Classic!
This is why I posted the example of Marshall's greatness. I remember Vermeil saying that from my Super Bowl 34/1999 season video...and really, I have not seen a run like that, EVER, before (or since) Faulk did it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is why I posted the example of Marshall's greatness. I remember Vermeil saying that from my Super Bowl 34/1999 season video...and really, I have not seen a run like that, EVER, before (or since) Faulk did it.

That's because the media is against the Rams, but once they hire Peyton Manning all of that will change.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's because the media is against the Rams, but once they hire Peyton Manning all of that will change.
You think so? Manning is a force in the media..he is very funny, so maybe he can sway attitudes?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You think so?

Yeah, he'll be like JFK of the 60's, the media will love him and forget about some of the indiscretions....The Los Angeles Rams will be winning again and be the toast of tinsel town.

jap

Legend
Eric Dickerson had some seriously impressive runs in his time. It was eerie to see a big man moving with such speed and grace, a thoroughbred with the grace of a gazelle. If power running is what they wanted to focus on, Eric provided plenty of that, although he had a habit of making everything look so damn easy. So did Marshall who ran roughshod over none other than Ray Lewis, driving him backward into pay-dirt.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Man oh man, watching those old Faulk highlights got me thinking about how much better the game used to be.

Not sure what ruined it. The rules changes or the CBA, but it's just not the same game anymore.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
Man oh man, watching those old Faulk highlights got me thinking about how much better the game used to be.

Not sure what ruined it. The rules changes or the CBA, but it's just not the same game anymore.
Not having Faulk on our team ruined it.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So.... no respect for a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer who helped carry the Rams on his back to a Superbowl?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Not to mention that his highlight reel is unbelievable!

A55VA6

Legend
Marshall has some of the most amazing runs I've ever seen. Was such a joy watching him growing up as a kid. He was the guy I dreamt of being like when I played football.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just saw a YouTube video of the "Best Runs in NFL History" that didn't include any by Marshall Faulk. My God, I feel like kicking the shyte out of somebody.... (somebody said something wrong on the internet, dammit!)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3sCpwKFEQw

Proof of their boneheaded omission.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdG0T0lMpvc

Thanks for posting the Video of Faulk!! I could watch him play all-day-long and never get tired of it! PERSONALLY, I think he's the Best!! Better than even E.D.!! JMHO!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Marshall has some of the most amazing runs I've ever seen. Was such a joy watching him growing up as a kid. He was the guy I dreamt of being like when I played football.
He is the definition of a "Hall of Famer!" !!! Someone every kid in the world should look up to, and Copy!!

fearsomefour

Legend

Both played a roll.
Defenses could actually play defense back then....a lot less Ticky tack flags.