Bruce Arians would like to replace Jon Gruden on MNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
No thanks!

5a62862c3d558061424810.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ve-interest-in-joining-monday-night-football/

Bruce Arians would have interest in joining Monday Night Football
Posted by Charean Williams on January 19, 2018

9001294461-e1516404830316.jpg

Getty Images

Bruce Arians has had his name floated about as a potential replacement for Jon Gruden as an analyst on ESPN’s Monday Night Football. The former Cardinals coach seems perfect for the job, other than, of course, for the possible need for a seven-second delay.

Arians said he would have interest in the job, calling it the “dream job.”

“Oh gosh, I’d be interested,” Arians said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. “I don’t think they’re interested in me. But that would be like the dream job, especially working with someone as good as Sean [McDonough]. That’d be fun. That’s obviously a home run.”

Arians wants to stay involved in the game by working in the media, and prefers television, either in the studio or in the booth, over a radio job. It appears he will get that chance, even if it’s not at ESPN.

Arians, 65, said he has met with Fox and the NFL Network and will meet with CBS in early February.

“I want to be part of the game,” Arians said. “When you’re doing games, you do a lot of traveling — good, bad, indifferent. You’re in the locker room; you’re doing production meetings with players and coaches. In a studio, you get a broader perspective, maybe you can tell more stories. I’m probably a better storyteller.”

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I mean he would work as a color commentator, but we probably wouldn't see much of the game if they had to keep panning to his bright red tomato face.

I wonder if Peyton Manning is in the running? I think he'd be a great color commentator.

Carson Palmer would surely do a better job thank Bruce.

TexasRam

Legend
65 years old. Crabby as hell. F-bombs for no reason.

How about retire. No one wants a foul mouth negative Nancy that made a living degrading people in the booth.

Your better off not talking.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love to have him on MNF if he has the voice and charisma. Gruden was boring as hell. He loves everyone. Great. Romo is a great listen because you learn new things. I feel like Arians could offer the same. The commentating is useless to me. I can see what's happening. I want to hear someone tell me things I don't know.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I mean he would work as a color commentator, but we probably wouldn't see much of the game if they had to keep panning to his bright red tomato face.

I wonder if Peyton Manning is in the running? I think he'd be a great color commentator.

Carson Palmer would surely do a better job thank Bruce.

I like the idea of Manning

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Romo is a great listen because you learn new things.

Tony Romo would be my choice for the MNF position. Sure he has little experience in broadcasting but he is interesting to listen to.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You guys are dicks lol. Arians would be great. The dude says what he thinks, I mean what could be better than that in the booth?

He would be an upgrade over Gruden. Would they let him wear his funny hat though hmm...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine if Fish ever gets a job... Arians: "I'm guessin the XXX are gonna go 7-9 this year..."

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
My contact at ESPN says they think the ratings will go through the roof when Bruce has a heart attack after the rams knock out the cards qb. They're trying to make it the first game of the season so he's probably going to be in the booth for only a week. Now I know it sounds cavalier about his health but its his own feelings towards the rams that have created this situation. Hopefully he can find peace during the off season and make it to week 2.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ok. How did you do the strikethrough text. I tried doin that the other week with html no joy. At the risk of soundin like a maroon what am I missing?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok. How did you do the strikethrough text. I tried doin that the other week with html no joy. At the risk of soundin like a maroon what am I missing?

The little box between the headphones and the arrow pointing left is where you want to go.

Left click it and at the bottom it will say "Strike-through."

Type what you want, either before the word or words you want to cross out, and then go to the box mentioned above.

Paint through the word or words you want to cross out and click strike-through. If you click it first it will put a line through every word you type after that.

For example:

Correct way: P.T. is getting on my nerves a great guy.
Incorrect way: P.T. is getting on my nerves a great guy.