Bruce Arians: “This will be my last job”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
"This will be my last job"

Sure Arians isn't referring to the Double Tree Scottsdale grand buffet?
image.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
QB & WR1 is too many to you?

I guess it is a matter of prespective. I see most of their best players on Dline and Oline as being old. Sure they have some young and middle twenties players but most of the really good ones are starting to get close to 30, which seems to be when peoples skills most commonly start to fade.

If you don't agree fine.............but that would just mean your wrong.:poop:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
QB & WR1 is too many to you?
There are others entering the downside and/or nagging injury phase like Iupati, Mathis, and Calais Campbell has slipped according to some reports here locally. I didn't see that...just what i'm hearing.

Chris Johnson is near done and Arrington can't stay on the field. Hopefully DJ can stay healthy all season getting all those touches for you guys.

There is no young developmental/clipboard QB on the roster and the backup is even old(Stanton).

TE doesn't really matter much i guess in Arians' offense, but Keim's draft picks there haven't worked out, hence 30 yr old Fells being the guy.

I hear a lot about the good depth you guys have at WR. Do you see it that way? Jaron Brown? JJ Nelson? Are these really guys who are being primed to step in when Fitz retires and (IMO) Floyd leaves via FA?
Granted they don't get too many touches but they just look like system guys to me...much like John Brown. It's a good system, don't get me wrong, but who are these guys really? How are they going to fare without a quality QB like Palmer?

When i look at the offense as a whole and relate it to other elite teams at the top or other teams primed to break through....i think a proper analogy is that the Cardinals are that NCAA football team trotting out a bunch of seniors who have that last chance at a championship before all the good players are gone, and we get to finally see how good the recruiting(draft) has been the last few years(under Keim). I still don't think he's drafted very well. Time will tell on that.
We've talked about it before but i see a team that has done exceptionally well in FA to put together a veteran team to take a shot. I don't see much of a future program being built in AZ through the draft and UDFA. Having said that, and being a native Arizonan....i understand what a championship means here. That's what the Diamondbacks did back in '01 and there's nothing wrong with that approach if it works.
But if it doesn't there's a good chance your left with a LONG rebuild.

DVontel

Rookie
There are others entering the downside and/or nagging injury phase like Iupati, Mathis, and Calais Campbell has slipped according to some reports here locally. I didn't see that...just what i'm hearing.

Mathis is a one year rental like he was with Denver still showed to be a good OL despite playing with a nagging ankle problem last year for most season which he got surgery for after the SB. Iupati played very good ball after the injury he suffered in training camp last year. Calais sack-rate has decreased a little, but mainly because he's the only DL that was worth double/triple teaming last season. With the Nkemdiche pick, his life should be a whole lot easier.

Chris Johnson is near done and Arrington can't stay on the field. Hopefully DJ can stay healthy all season getting all those touches for you guys.

CJ2K is near done, but he won't get that much touches due to the emergence of David Johnson. Ellington's role has decreased thanks to the re-emergence of CJ2K and the emergence of DJ like I mentioned a sentence earlier. Ellington isn't a workhorse RB anymore because there are other guys to take the bolder off of him. Think of him as a Darren Sproles now.

There is no young developmental/clipboard QB on the roster and the backup is even old(Stanton).

There's always the draft and we can always trade up like a certain team in our division did not too long ago.

TE doesn't really matter much i guess in Arians' offense, but Keim's draft picks there haven't worked out, hence 30 yr old Fells being the guy.

Troy Niklas has been unlucky with injuries since coming into the league. I would say last season was his real debut and he showed great promise when healthy. Fells also started playing football in 2013, so as you would say Iupati is an "old 29", well, I would classify Fells as an "very young 30".

I hear a lot about the good depth you guys have at WR. Do you see it that way? Jaron Brown? JJ Nelson? Are these really guys who are being primed to step in when Fitz retires and (IMO) Floyd leaves via FA?
Granted they don't get too many touches but they just look like system guys to me...much like John Brown. It's a good system, don't get me wrong, but who are these guys really? How are they going to fare without a quality QB like Palmer?

I think we do. I also think Floyd stays. They're probably not going to fare good without a quality QB because what WR does outside of DeAndre Hopkins? Dez struggled without Romo and the same went for Antonio Brown without Ben.

When i look at the offense as a whole and relate it to other elite teams at the top or other teams primed to break through....i think a proper analogy is that the Cardinals are that NCAA football team trotting out a bunch of seniors who have that last chance at a championship before all the good players are gone, and we get to finally see how good the recruiting(draft) has been the last few years(under Keim). I still don't think he's drafted very well. Time will tell on that.
We've talked about it before but i see a team that has done exceptionally well in FA to put together a veteran team to take a shot. I don't see much of a future program being built in AZ through the draft and UDFA. Having said that, and being a native Arizonan....i understand what a championship means here. That's what the Diamondbacks did back in '01 and there's nothing wrong with that approach if it works.
But if it doesn't there's a good chance your left with a LONG rebuild.

I still feel like you're just poking at holes that really aren't there, lol, but I do understand from a divisional rival perspective on why would you do that. What team has hit a home-run on most of their draft picks? What teams have had numerous great consecutive draft-picks the past 2-3 years in the 20s?

Honey Badger
Deone Bucannon
Andre Ellington
John Brown
Markus Golden
David Johnson
Tony Jefferson
Justin Bethel(As a special teamer. His CB status is TBD since that was his first year starting)

Are all decent to great picks IMO that Keim has succeeded in bringing in. Two I see being as All-Pros(Badger and DJ) and a might with one(Deone) very soon. I'm also very high on Nkemdiche and Harlan Miller(That's right, our 6th round pick who was projected to go third by numerous outlets). You might not see much of a future that Keim is building, and that's perfectly fine coming from a divisional rival, but I do and I'm happy to witness it.

Also, being the youngest doesn't always equal the brightest.

My replies are in red.