Bruce Arians: “I play to win”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Respect the dude...After hearing his story of where he came from, respect him even more.... Hate the fuck outta this dude though...that "one team is always 8 and 8" comment.... If we don't start kicking the Cards asses every year, something is wrong with Fish on a personal level. We need a QB!!!! Damnit!!!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Not directed at YOU personally Rams43 (y)

I agree with you in pure football terms, yet for all the hate Carroll and Harbaugh have taken on this board over the last few years, neither one of them has ever displayed a complete lack of respect for the Rams like Bruce Arrogance has. Pre-game, post game...wherever or whatever. I've heard it from Carroll/Harbaugh. I'll go find the pressers if you want.

Show some pride in your team beyond football. All we ever hear is F the Seahawks and F the Niners. Guess what? The Cards have walked over the Rams quite a bit in the last few years. Check the division standings. They're a rival. This is why i don't understand the lovefest movement for Arians and the Cards on this board. If you respect Arians i get that. He's a good HC....but then you must respect Carroll and Harbaugh, and they've had even more success.

Absolutely no offense taken, Mojo.

It's more of a respect thing than a "like" thing for me.

I've gotta respect what coaches such as Arians, Carroll, Harbaugh, even Bellichek have accomplished. Certainly doesn't mean I want to have a beer with them. Lol.

Speaking of HC's that were politically incorrect and constantly put out locker room material quotes... Remember Ray Malavasi? But then he backed them up with on field play. I loved that. Lol.

Last thing on Arians. I don't think he respects Fisher. I think Arians considers Fisher vastly overrated and that Fisher had his HC position handed to him too easily and on a silver platter while everything came to Arians late and earned the hard way.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
His clock management was actually quite smart. That fade to Fitzgerald ices the game if it's caught. People hate when Fisher plays not to lose but then criticize another coach for having some balls. He didn't want Green Bay getting the ball back because Rodgers is one of the few QBs in the NFL that is a threat on a hail mary.

He was actually quite stupid and lucky! The game was already iced as all he had to do was run the ball one more time and there would have been no time for the play that tied it and no need to make a play in OT to win.
Totally different from Fisher trying to sit on a three point lead for a half a game.

WvuIN02

Starter
Yeah. Damn right. Are you?
No. I prefer coaches who are better than average.
Anyone who would talk about other coaches being dirty or whatever and being a JF fan......I mean talk about an ivory tower.....

this is the guy who hired Gregg Williams, who is the scummiest of the scummy of NFL coaches. His teams in Tennessee were as dirty as you get, Haynseworth, Finnegan and this was every year.

Arians > Fisher and its not even in the same universe. So are Carroll and Harbaugh, in fact, any of those 3 coaches would have this team in the playoffs already

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was actually quite stupid and lucky! The game was already iced as all he had to do was run the ball one more time and there would have been no time for the play that tied it and no need to make a play in OT to win.
Totally different from Fisher trying to sit on a three point lead for a half a game.

The game was not iced. He runs the ball one more time and the Packers get the ball back with about 1:10 to 1:15 remaining.

He played to win. It's so funny to me that people hate Fisherball and then rail against a coach for having balls. Belichick threw in the same situation too against KC. Brady almost threw a pick. It was still the right call. You go for the win.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I pretty much hate every coach when the Rams play that team. I hated Fisher when he was at Tennessee, hated Vermiel in Philly.
But when they become your coach, things change.
I'll say this, one thing I absolutely abhor is a cliche machine (a la Herm Edwards). Got to love a guy who says it like it is.
Dont understand the hate on Arians, other than he coaches in our division.
Heck he said one of the nicest things about our team and coach when he said we're always 8-8

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I pretty much hate every coach when the Rams play that team. I hated Fisher when he was at Tennessee, hated Vermiel in Philly.
But when they become your coach, things change.
I'll say this, one thing I absolutely abhor is a cliche machine (a la Herm Edwards). Got to love a guy who says it like it is.
Dont understand the hate on Arians, other than he coaches in our division.
Heck he said one of the nicest things about our team and coach when he said we're always 8-8

Seriously. We haven't been 8-8 since 2006.

Psycho_X

Legend
I was mad when Arizona got him because I knew they'd be competitive every year. The guy is a good coach whether you like him or not. Yeah he's been pretty harsh when it comes to his feelings of the Rams and Fisher/Williams but he's not the only coach lately that feels that way.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
How dare he play to win. I prefer the Fisher plan of playing to not lose
I haven't seen many Arians' interviews, so can't say whether he's a douche or not.
Now Carroll, he's a douche.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was mad when Arizona got him because I knew they'd be competitive every year. The guy is a good coach whether you like him or not. Yeah he's been pretty harsh when it comes to his feelings of the Rams and Fisher/Williams but he's not the only coach lately that feels that way.

They are competitive because of Palmer, without him they are a 7 or 8 win team.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I would rather have the problem of having to fret about the morals of my HC with my team up 30 with 5 mins to go than fretting about my HC who routinely tries to turtle if he gets any kind of lead at all.

Just sayin'.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You can say the same thing for any team with a descent QB

No doubt about that at all..........which is part of my point.

QB is the most critical position in all of pro sports. So Arians taking credit for that W because he "plays to win" is kinda douchey IMO. Did he "play to win" a couple of weeks ago?

It's part of the reason I have cut Fisher a lot of slack, nobody wins with 2nd and 3rd string guys. The fact that he wasn't putting together 3 and 4 win seasons tells us a lot about the talent and coaching.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
This Guy might me a good HC and motivator.
But, I've seen the Cards throw the ball deep leading by 25-30 with 5 and less minutes left in games. A Buddy Cards Fan says that Ariens says he'll never pull off the accelerator.
But, Ariens forgets something...class means something in the face of obvious victories.
Unless Ariens continues his stupidity from last night...and stops the clock for his opponents late in the game.
GO RAMS!!!!

Bet you loved it when Martz did it.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
What a novel idea... Play to win. Never thought of that. Arians is an a$$clown!

He might be an ass clown, but I respect his aggressiveness much more than our coach's attitude of playing for ties and playing not to lose.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He might be an ass clown, but I respect his aggressiveness much more than our coach's attitude of playing for ties and playing not to lose.
I agree with you but his arrogance makes Martz look like Mother Teresa. It's going to be funny when he throws away a win by going for the kill. Hopefully it will happen this weekend!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Arians plays to eat a dick. Fuck him.

I like Larry Fitzgerald and Palmer though. Just not enough to want that fat pantload to win this week or last.