Browns stay at 1 please

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My fear is the San Francisco 49ers offering a ransom to go to 1 and take Saquon Barkley, that is the one team I don't want to get their hands on. 49ers have the draft capital to do so, I only hope the Browns, who have plenty of draft picks and do not need anymore take Sam Darnold, who, IMHO, is head & shoulders above the rest of the QB's or take Barkley for themselves, as he's the best player in the draft.

Giants won't pass on Barkley and I would like him out of the conference, but I don't want him in San Francisco, that being posted, Barkley played at Penn State and I never feared him when my Ohio State Buckeyes played the Nittany Lions, funny how that works.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My fear is the San Francisco 49ers offering a ransom to go to 1 and take Saquon Barkley, that is the one team I don't want to get their hands on. 49ers have the draft capital to do so, I only hope the Browns, who have plenty of draft picks and do not need anymore take Sam Darnold, who, IMHO, is head & shoulders above the rest of the QB's or take Barkley for themselves, as he's the best player in the draft.

Giants won't pass on Barkley and I would like him out of the conference, but I don't want him in San Francisco, that being posted, Barkley played at Penn State and I never feared him when my Ohio State Buckeyes played the Nittany Lions, funny how that works.

Penn State's offense wasn't set up to maximise the running back.. Barkley was a part of the offense, not the offense. The OLine wasn't good enough for that and the offense that Moorhead brought with him was designed to spread the ball and with Godwin, Hamilton, McSorley and Gesicki all getting touches it wasn't all about the RB. They never ran out of the I or used a fullback either. Teams that did fear Barkley got burned by the pass. Teams that feared the pass got burned by Barkley. Ohio State's D is strong at every position. They never are concerned with any one single player.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ohio State's D is strong at every position. They never are concerned with any one single player.

Agreed, but I really respect the job James Franklin is doing at Happy Valley, Franklin can be a tad hollywoodesque, however, he's won at two very difficult situations in Vanderbilt and retooling Penn State.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agreed, but I really respect the job James Franklin is doing at Happy Valley, Franklin can be a tad hollywoodesque, however, he's won at two very difficult situations in Vanderbilt and retooling Penn State.

Moorhead didn't coach in the bowl game against Washington. It's been said that he was very stubborn when it came to altering his offensive system. In the bowl game, PSU's blocking looked very different. The OLine was downfield more and played more aggressively. Many PSU fans have been waiting for that for years. So, is it a new philosophy, or just being free to use the line in a more run oriented scheme? I hope it is the latter. The next men up are Miles Sanders and Journey Brown. Neither is the type to create their own holes or move laterally until something opens up. They are both gliders with speed, subtle cutters. That type of back requires good blocking to have a hole or lane to break free. Once they have that they are hard to catch.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Penn State's offense wasn't set up to maximise the running back.. Barkley was a part of the offense, not the offense. The OLine wasn't good enough for that and the offense that Moorhead brought with him was designed to spread the ball and with Godwin, Hamilton, McSorley and Gesicki all getting touches it wasn't all about the RB. They never ran out of the I or used a fullback either. Teams that did fear Barkley got burned by the pass. Teams that feared the pass got burned by Barkley. Ohio State's D is strong at every position. They never are concerned with any one single player.

The game this year, Barkley had the most impressive runs for no gains or losses that I've ever seen.

The kick return was impressive, and the long TD run Barkley had was REALLY impressive.

But if you just look at his stat line for that game, you would think he had a bad game. But he was consistently making one or two Buckeyes miss on the way to runs for no gain or a loss of 1-2 yards. College football just has too much talent disparity at times, which is why as Den pointed out, he didn't "fear him" (although Barkley's first game against OSU at the Shoe he torched us even though it was a big win for OSU).

I really think Barkley is the best RB I've ever seen in college - and I think that can translate to the next level.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Browns aren't going to give the 49ers Barkley imo.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hue likes to run the ball. It makes too much sense for the Browns to take Barkley at 1..

Which I guess is what makes you think it won't happen. It is the Browns after all.