Browns Rumored Offer vs Eagles Actual Trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Wait.....I thought the Browns got their Franchise QB last year?

10291124_674315385998628_1831187495976806379_n.jpg

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Wait.....I thought the Browns got their Franchise QB last year?

View attachment 5723
And the year before that and that and that.... Gotta hand it to Cleveland fans for sticking it out though. We've had it bad this last dozen years but look at this trail of tears:

List of all Cleveland Browns starting quarterbacks sorted by season. The number of regular-season games they started during the season is listed to the right:

Season(s)Quarterback(s)
2014Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2) / Connor Shaw (1)
2013Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2012Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2011Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2010Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2009Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2008Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2007Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2006Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2005Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2004Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
2003Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2002Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2001Tim Couch (16)
2000Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
1999Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
And the year before that and that and that.... Gotta hand it to Cleveland fans for sticking it out though. We've had it bad this last dozen years but look at this trail of tears:

List of all Cleveland Browns starting quarterbacks sorted by season. The number of regular-season games they started during the season is listed to the right:

Season(s)Quarterback(s)
2008Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2001Tim Couch (16)

Factory of sadness indeed.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'm definitely happy they went with Foles and a 2nd. I wanted a top talent QB drafted this year but after the trade, I'm not really trippin. I never once though he would be in STL but Thank you Chip Kelly!

OJM

UDFA
I would have took the damn trade...Sitting at #10 & 19 woulda been sweet.

Trade back #10, get a later first and a another second. Build that damn O-Line this YEAR!!!!
Collins, Flowers, & Erving!!!! Hell, roll with Davis & Keenum behind some serious protection....
Draft somebody in the 3rd or 4th or 5th (Hundley or Fajardo or Petty or Grayson or Bridge or Chris Bonner) Let the rookies sit...
that looks like another 6-10 or 7-9 plan to me. I'm glad they didn't try that.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Season(s)Quarterback(s)
2001Tim Couch (16)

My goodness, what a formidable list of possible HOF talent...That list was painful to even read, let alone watching them TRY to play QB...WOW..

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Season(s)Quarterback(s)
2001Tim Couch (16)

Real quickly I count 24 guys on that list.

You'd think you'd get lucky at least somewhere along the way.

Geez.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would have took the damn trade...Sitting at #10 & 19 woulda been sweet.

Trade back #10, get a later first and a another second. Build that damn O-Line this YEAR!!!!
Collins, Flowers, & Erving!!!! Hell, roll with Davis & Keenum behind some serious protection....
Draft somebody in the 3rd or 4th or 5th (Hundley or Fajardo or Petty or Grayson or Bridge or Chris Bonner) Let the rookies sit...
I like the idea of the pick, and your O-Line choices, But Sorry Davis and Keenum just doesn't sound like a Winning combo to me!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
that looks like another 6-10 or 7-9 plan to me. I'm glad they didn't try that.
So, right now, Foles in tow, you're thinking what 12-4 or 13-3?

But Sorry Davis and Keenum just doesn't sound like a Winning combo to me!
Big Dave, I'm sure you remember Jeff Rutledge....And I damn sure know you remember Pat Haden....Can you tell me Pat's records in his first 3 seasons? Or should I look it up on profootballreference meeself....Plus you forgot a rookie QB.....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So, right now, Foles in tow, you're thinking what 12-4 or 13-3?

Big Dave, I'm sure you remember Jeff Rutledge....And I damn sure know you remember Pat Haden....Can you tell me Pat's records in his first 3 seasons? Or should I look it up on profootballreference meeself....Plus you forgot a rookie QB.....
I remember Rutledge, and Haden as being pretty unremarkable, I'm just saying without Foles in there, I'd would be pretty worried about the seasons outcome! But if we don't fix the O-Line we're in trouble no matter how you slice it!

RamBill

Legend
On Rams passing on first-rounder for Sam Bradford
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...ams-passing-on-a-1st-rounder-for-sam-bradford

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Speaking to Pro Football Talk Live soon after the news conference introducing quarterback Nick Foles to the St. Louis media, Rams coach Jeff Fisher acknowledged that he had turned down a first-round pick in exchange for quarterback Sam Bradford before making the deal with Philadelphia.

That echoed a sentiment offered by Eagles coach Chip Kelly last week after he made the deal for Bradford. On Tuesday, reports surfaced from NFL Network's Charley Casserley that it was the Cleveland Browns who had tried to trade for Bradford, using the No. 19 overall pick in this year's draft as bait. ESPN's Adam Caplan followed up by clarifying that the Rams were indeed offered the No. 19 pick from Cleveland before moving on to the Eagles' offer.

Which probably brings up the question of why. More often than not, a first-round pick is the greatest currency a team can have. The Rams have stockpiled picks in recent years and the chance to get a second first-round pick again in 2015 would seem too good to pass up.

But the explanation for the Rams passing on Cleveland's offer to take Philadelphia's really isn't that complicated. Unlike when the Rams made the 2012 trade with Washington, the Rams had a quarterback situation that was clearly unsettled this time around.

Fisher offered this explanation:

“There were some discussions, yes, but from our standpoint, the first-round pick — obviously it’s attractive, but you still don’t have a quarterback," Fisher told PFT Live. "It’s a late pick and then would we move up and get into position to draft one? It didn’t make sense to us."

The key here is that the pick obviously would have given the Rams two-first round choices at Nos. 10 and 19, but would that have been enough to move up to get one of the two quarterbacks considered the best choices in this year's draft in Oregon's Marcus Mariota or Florida State's Jameis Winston? If the draft had been closer, perhaps that's a deal that could be made if one of the two were to slide, but the only way to guarantee landing either would be to move all the way up to No. 2 in a deal with the Tennessee Titans.

And that assumes the Rams even like whoever they think is the No. 2 quarterback in this year's class, presumably Mariota. Clearly, in the end, they preferred to have Foles over taking the risk that they could both get in position to land one of Mariota or Winston and develop either into the type of player that would help them win this year.

That doesn't necessarily mean the Rams wouldn't draft one of those players should they get the opportunity, but for now, it should be no surprise that Foles represents a safer option for a regime entering an important fourth year together.

"Long story short, the reason that made our trade the other day the right fit was the addition of Nick Foles," general manager Les Snead said. "Our conundrum at quarterback was going to require an addition and what made it work is this: You have got a young guy who has got a lot of physical skills to play in this league. Hey, he’s got a lot of metrics that show you how he can produce on the field."

Even though Foles still comes with his share of question marks, there are far fewer there than with anything that would've come with that 19th pick. Which is why the Rams made the right choice in taking Philadelphia's offer instead of Cleveland's.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
obviously it’s attractive, but you still don’t have a quarterback," Fisher told PFT Live. "It’s a late pick and then would we move up and get into position to draft one? It didn’t make sense to us."
Using reverse psychology-theory, this is Fishers ringing endorsement of Austin Davis, Case Keenum, and our 2nd round pick, Brett Hundley.....

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Factory of sadness indeed.

Recent Cleveland first round picks -

Trent Richardson (cant blame them for that tbh)
Brandon Weeden (wtf were they thinking there???)
Barkveious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Johnny Manziel.

They had 2 1st round picks in 2012 and 2 in 2014. Wasted them all. I suppose you could say Gilbert is young and might improve, and Mingo could have an up arrow after suffering a pretty bad injury in his rookie season....but that kind of explains why they suck so much.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Recent Cleveland first round picks -

Trent Richardson (cant blame them for that tbh)
Brandon Weeden (wtf were they thinking there???)
Barkveious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Johnny Manziel.

They had 2 1st round picks in 2012 and 2 in 2014. Wasted them all. I suppose you could say Gilbert is young and might improve, and Mingo could have an up arrow after suffering a pretty bad injury in his rookie season....but that kind of explains why they suck so much.

And whats a eye opener for me is since the 06 season they have won nine more games than the Rams. This cannot stand.