Browns Nearly Traded With 49ers For Jim Harbaugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Lol

In a division this close a distraction could be all it takes to get uprooted. :D

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Lol

In a division this close a distraction could be all it takes to get uprooted. :D
The 9ers have a bunch of picks again this year...they really looked like a team that was going to be hard to overcome in the next year or so...but this could be the obstacle that knocks 'em down.

And I think Seattle is going to have FA issues these next couple years.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
The 9ers have a bunch of picks again this year...they really looked like a team that was going to be hard to overcome in the next year or so...but this could be the obstacle that knocks 'em down.

We can only hope!

RamEERS

Pastor
the question is... why? what's the deal with the niners and harbaugh that they have to trade away a coach that seems to have everyone on his side...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Oh, and the 9ers are starting contract negotiations with Krapperdick. That's going to limit them in FA giving him 80 million plus.

jap

Legend
Oh, and the 9ers are starting contract negotiations with Krapperdick. That's going to limit them in FA giving him 80 million plus.

Really!?! He doesn't even begin to be worth that. He lucked out by getting onto a team with a solid OL, but he will have major issues as that team starts to fade.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
the question is... why? what's the deal with the niners and harbaugh that they have to trade away a coach that seems to have everyone on his side...
It's the 9ers. They always try to go cheap on coaches - happened with Mooch during his run as well.
I don't think itll be that big a deal, that team is loaded.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Yep. I creeped on the Squawks board today and they're worried about losing Benette. I guess he wants ten million a year. IDK what team would give him that but you never know.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Really!?! He doesn't even begin to be worth that. He lucked out by getting onto a team with a solid OL, but he will have major issues as that team starts to fade.

Well, what are they going to pay him then?
They were winning games with Alex Smith, and he stepped in and wasn't really an improvement.
But still, how can they let him walk? He's going to cost them some serious bucks.
This is going to be his 4th year, he didn't play at all as a rookie.

jap

Legend
Well, what are they going to pay him then?
They were winning games with Alex Smith, and he stepped in and wasn't really an improvement.
But still, how can they let him walk? He's going to cost them some serious bucks.
This is going to be his 4th year, he didn't play at all as a rookie.

I am not arguing against what they may have to fork up---I'm just glad it's not us 'cause I don't think he's worth it.

Sam has had more issues with a poor supporting cast throughout his first few years than his own liabilities. I think he will come into his own with a solid team around him and emerge clearly as the best QB in the wild, wild NFC West.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

2015 is basically "the year" for both teams. SF has a better chance to be rebuilt by then with the draft picks, but then again Seattle already won it's SB.

Seattle
Chris Clemons

Cliff Avril
Earl Thomas
James Carpenter
Heath Farwell
Michael Robinson
Clint Gresham
Travis Beckum
KJ Wright
D'Anthony Smith
Richard Sherman
Byron Maxwell
Malcolm Smith
[URL='http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Sidney%20Rice&Position=WR&Team=Seahawks']Sidney Rice
Russell Okung
Marshawn Lynch
Zach Miller
Brandon Mebane
Bruce Irvin
Jon Ryan
Bobby Wagner
Russell Wilson
Robert Turbin
Jeremy Lane
J.R. Sweezy
Greg Scruggs[/URL]

San Francisco
[URL='http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Greg%20Scruggs&Position=DT&Team=Seahawks'][URL='http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Frank%20Gore&Position=RB&Team=49ers']2015[/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Greg%20Scruggs&Position=DT&Team=Seahawks'][URL='http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Frank%20Gore&Position=RB&Team=49ers']Frank Gore[/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Greg%20Scruggs&Position=DT&Team=Seahawks'][URL='http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Michael%20Crabtree&Position=WR&Team=49ers']Michael Crabtree
Aldon Smith
Mike Iupati
Glenn Dorsey
Dan Skuta
C.J. Spillman
Colin Kaepernick
Adam Snyder
Raymond Ventrone
David Reed
Chris Culliver
Jonathan Baldwin
Kendall Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller[/URL][/URL]

RamsFan14

Starter
Personally, I have no idea why the 49ers would want to trade Harbaugh considering how good they've been since he's been there! Hope this is the beginning of total chaos in San Fran!

RamEERS

Pastor
Personally, I have no idea why the 49ers would want to trade Harbaugh considering how good they've been since he's been there! Hope this is the beginning of total chaos in San Fran!
exactly... something must have happened that would make him tradeable..

bluecoconuts

Legend
Word is he and the GM don't like each other and its one or the other. He doesn't get along with other staff members either.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Word is he and the GM don't like each other and its one or the other. He doesn't get along with other staff members either.
In other words their "Martzing " the guy,let's hope THEY TOO fire the most competent man and descend into 10 years of darkness, cursing and gnashing of teeth

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think the idea of trading for a coach may be one of the stupidest things you can do, give up the ability to improve talent and hamstring the guy from the get go ?
Good coaches are hard to come by but all a great org. really needs is a GOOD coach.
IMO Harbaugh would flop in Cleveland, trying to trade for him to solve all their problems is an indication of just ONE of their problems