Browns have chosen rookie DeShone Kizer as starting QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...osen-deshone-kizer-as-qb-will-announce-today/

Watch this video on You Tube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lm7uABtQQk

Report: Browns have chosen DeShone Kizer as QB, will announce today
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 27, 2017

836533136-e1503843464804.jpg

Getty Images

DeShone Kizer appeared to do enough to win the Browns’ starting quarterback job on Saturday night, and Browns coach Hue Jackson is set to make it official on Sunday.

Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports that Jackson has chosen Kizer over Brock Osweiler and Cody Kessler, and Kizer will start the season against the Steelers on September 10. Jackson will inform the team today and then announce the decision publicly, according to the report.

The rest of the Browns’ quarterback depth chart remains unclear. Cabot reports that fourth-stringer Kevin Hogan, who played well on Saturday night, may not only make the roster but even leapfrog Kessler on the depth chart. Also unclear is whether Osweiler will be on the team at all, or whether the Browns will move on from the former Bronco and Texan who started Cleveland’s first two preseason games.

A second-round rookie, Kizer has undeniable physical talent and has shown flashes of brilliance, although he’s also struggled to throw accurately consistently in the preseason. But the Browns are a team building for the future, and they’re hoping Kizer can prove he’s the quarterback of the future.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone see that game? I thought his stats were horrible?

No, but look at the alternatives, Kessler and Osweiler. :shocking: When was the last time the Browns had a good quarterback? Kosar in the early 90's?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No, but look at the alternatives, Kessler and Osweiler. :shocking: When was the last time the Browns had a good quarterback? Kosar in the early 90's?
Kevin Hogan is a winner....Osweiler, I thought, could play...he needs to stop worrying about sounding like a damn senator and get better. But he's obviously broken....confidence is shot. Kessler has that pop gun arm thing going on....yet was effective last year....Strange he isn't getting a look? I wouldn't start Kizer in Pitt...but would put him in and go from there...

Tim Couch could play until they broke him. Johnny Football....he could play too.....

What is it with Browns QB's that start with "K"?

Remember Brian Sipe??? He could play too....

WvuIN02

Starter
Kizer looks better than Osweiler, so I see why due to just upside alone. Hes made some nice throws at times. Just like Goff got invaluable experience last year, same for him.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Good decision, if you think he is the future then go with him. Let him mature and grow with this team , I honestly like what the Brown's have done and they are setting themselves up for success in a few years

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kizer has the goods that is obvious only question will be his accuracy, kid is smart, big time arm and can run too, IMHO, the Browns will be set at QB for a long period of time.

FRO

Legend
Kevin Hogan is a winner....Osweiler, I thought, could play...he needs to stop worrying about sounding like a damn senator and get better. But he's obviously broken....confidence is shot. Kessler has that pop gun arm thing going on....yet was effective last year....Strange he isn't getting a look? I wouldn't start Kizer in Pitt...but would put him in and go from there...

Tim Couch could play until they broke him. Johnny Football....he could play too.....

What is it with Browns QB's that start with "K"?

If you want a successful QB you have to put a competent cast around him. The Browns have yet to do that. I love the fact they didn't pick a first round QB and picked guys they thought were BPA. The chances of Kizer being good are the same as all the other QBs in the draft.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If you want a successful QB you have to put a competent cast around him. The Browns have yet to do that. I love the fact they didn't pick a first round QB and picked guys they thought were BPA. The chances of Kizer being good are the same as all the other QBs in the draft.
Agreed....I think they have a promising line in Cleveland....I like Britt, Gordon, and that #19 guy from Baylor. TE is a work in progress, but he's a future beast...I love Crowell's game. They have the pieces.

I like Kizer...the best outta this class....You know me...strong arms not only save coaches careers and save lives...they throw the deep ball....Oh, he's got big hands too.

I just think the Steeler game may be a bit much to start...He should play....but I'd let him wade in the shallow end of the pool first. If anyone struggles...throw the rook in...and start him week 2.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
poor kid is just a placeholder for Mannion!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's the Browns. Of course they made the right decision on their QB. Don't they always?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
DeShone Kizer appeared to do enough to win the Browns’ starting quarterback job on Saturday night, and Browns coach Hue Jackson is set to make it official on Sunday.

Oh man he better hope this works because his job depends on it at this point.

Johnny Football....he could play too....

No he couldn't! :boxing:

Just knock that shit off LOL.

He was a good one, and a really good dude too. I met him once.

Everyone looks better than Osweiler

Not Cody Kessler evidently hahaha.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No he couldn't! :boxing:

Just knock that shit off LOL.
http://www.nfl.com/player/johnnymanziel/2543462/careerstats
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/ManzJo00.htm
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16736/johnny-manziel

PASSING STATS
SEASON TEAM GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
2014 CLE 5 18 35 51.4 175 5.00 0 32 2 1 8.2 42.0
2015 CLE 9 129 223 57.8 1,500 6.73 7 61 5 6 58.3 79.4
Career 14 147 258 57.0 1,675 6.49 7 61 7 7 -- 74.4

Somebody was getting better in year 2......