Browns Enamored With Carr, Not Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Browns from what I read may have more Cap Funds than any other team...The Browns also have extra selections in the first, third & fourth rounds of this upcoming draft. Of their 10 selections 7 are at the very top of the each rounds.

The Browns roster is not overall in bad shape they need two starting OG's, a starting RB and a good back up RB could use another WR but that pales in comparison to the great critical need @ QB! The position of where these Browns picks are located would place them in position to get a targeted prospect ahead of most 25 or 26 other teams on each round so they have the extra ammo to move up or down at will. They could be looking @ Sammy Watkins @ #4 or thinking that they have a good chance to land the 2nd best QB after the Jags but the Rams could take it to the Browns for their low ball offer & trade with Raiders, Bucs, Vikings or even the Titans that would leave the Browns with the third best QB. What other top prospect would make the Browns take @ #4 other than a QB?

Snead in 2013 used two first round selection just like the Browns have to move up & move down to get the player they needed in that case Tavon Austin & Alex Ogletree who did not disappoint. Now I could care less if it the Browns that makes us an offer other teams have desires to get their desire QB and I am sure they will come up with the proper cost to trade for our #2 overall selection but Browns just happen to be one of five teams in the top 8 who have a great need for a QB. We all know that there are only three top QB's who are found in the upper top 10 of draft prospects that's very clear except maybe for the brainless Browns front office. The Browns are clearly able to easily get their pick of the QB class if the Texans select Jadeveon of trade out or either the second best QB if they desire to trade up it simple. They already have the Ammo in hand to get what they want.

The Browns could move up for a cost of maybe a 1.26 & 4.27 for 1.2 or if they do not want use both first rounders to move up they could bundle up an offer of their 2.3, 3.7 & 4.27 still leaving them 7 picks in this draft with the second overall pick in the draft 1.2 plus 1.26, 3.19, 4.6, 5.5, 6.4 & 7.3. As far as I am concerned I would not take a draft value point less than what I have laid out...no other team in this draft other than the Rams have more draft value points in the bank than the Browns...like I already said and the 2014 Cap Funds bank is loaded too....

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
OK so they offer their two 1's and their next year 1 and this years 2 for our two 1's do we do it ?
We could then go down another two and pick up another 2 for doing it and still get one of the top tackles.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," Manziel said before the combine. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl."

Someone needs to tell Johnny Footinmouth to quite down. He was spouting off about the Texans being where he wanted to land, now he's sucking up to the Browns and their fans? Unless this quote is way out context his agent should tell him saying less is better when a microphone appears in front of his face.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OK so they offer their two 1's and their next year 1 and this years 2 for our two 1's do we do it ?
We could then go down another two and pick up another 2 for doing it and still get one of the top tackles.

I would want more than that. I say no.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I agree I'd pass on that deal for sure.......no way Snead does that.
I'd take it with both hands,with five picks in the first two rounds we could draft fixes for our o-line and secondary and maybe get a fairly high rated DT or LB.
I think we need to figure this trade isn't going to make the RG trade a perpetual motion machine,ALTHOUGH if Cleveland was to bomb next year ..........................

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'd take it with both hands,with five picks in the first two rounds we could draft fixes for our o-line and secondary and maybe get a fairly high rated DT or LB.
I think we need to figure this trade isn't going to make the RG trade a perpetual motion machine,ALTHOUGH if Cleveland was to bomb next year ..........................
And, if they start the season with a rookie QB the chances of that happening are pretty good, IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

A very solid NO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
And, if they start the season with a rookie QB the chances of that happening are pretty good, IMO.

The Skins went to the playoffs with a rookie in 2012 and that number one pick that we all thought would be a top half first rounder ended up being a late half first rounder with much less value. Snead knowing that got to work and go real lucky in that trade with the Falcons and go us Ogletree....Snead did very well to save that!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Well I just think if we get greedy we'll end up eating that second pick,which IMO is higher than our greatest need player should go ,so IMO not trading down is a mistake.

Sure the Skins went to the playoffs ,but in a weaker division and with a more highly regarded QB and established coaching whose system really fit him even though he decided to rebel the second year.
IMO Cleveland gets no better than the 20th best team next year so their pick is 12/13 or better and a good possibility of a top 10 pick.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well I just think if we get greedy we'll end up eating that second pick,which IMO is higher than our greatest need player should go ,so IMO not trading down is a mistake.

Sure the Skins went to the playoffs ,but in a weaker division and with a more highly regarded QB and established coaching whose system really fit him even though he decided to rebel the second year.
IMO Cleveland gets no better than the 20th best team next year so their pick is 12/13 or better and a good possibility of a top 10 pick.

I agree that if the Rams real bonified targeted prospects would be OL-Matthews-WR-Watkins-OL-Robinson trading down would be the best move as long as you get who you want. Eating the meal there @ 1.2 could be a great meal too.

I am not as agreeing with you on Cleveland being as bad of a team as you think though. The Browns could put a great draft together with the Rams help where they have a ton of draft picks to get all they need to compete with the other three teams in that North AFC.

I would re-frame from taking any future picks in 2015 when you may get the same valued prospect in 2014 in the second round that would be available in the first round next season. That Unknown could be a big mistake I would not place the Rams in that position with a Gamble.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

I'd do it, but I'd only give them the #2, not the #13 as well.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The trade I'd be offering there is 90 points to their advantage which is a 4th round pick.
If you guys point those trades out they are job loser trades for the new GM in Cleveland .
Everyone in the league KNOWS how bad the RG trade was we aren't getting another off chart trade for that pick,there are only SO MANY guys like Danny Snider to hose on a trade.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
3 weeks later... "The Browns are enamored with Bortles, not Carr."