Browns celebrate undefeated preseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Gotta love the humor of Browns fans. :LOL:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...nt-done-in-31-years-and-fans-are-celebrating/

LOOK: Browns do something they hadn't done in 31 years and fans are celebrating

Since the NFL doesn't hand out trophies to teams that go undefeated during the preseason, Browns fans decided to take things into their own hands this year by honoring their team after it went 4-0 during the preseason.

Although the fans in Cleveland didn't throw a parade to honor the Browns' undefeated preseason record, the fans did celebrate by making T-shirts. And guys, I'm not sure if you've been following the Browns lately, but their fans haven't had much to cheer about lately, so we're going to give them this.

View: https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/903662639196274694

If you don't like that T-shirt, don't worry, you have choices. A successful preseason is so rare in Cleveland that multiple companies decided to celebrate the momentous occasion by making a T-shirt.

Here's another shirt celebrating the team's "preseason championship."

View: https://twitter.com/freshbrewedtees/status/903454114251669504

The Browns' 4-0 record marked the first time since 1986 that the team went undefeated during the preseason, and based on history, that could mean good things for the Browns.

Before 2017, the Browns had only gone undefeated during the preseason four other times in franchise history (1950, 1962, 1982, 1986), and the team finished each of those seasons with a winning record. As a matter of fact, the Browns actually made the playoffs in three of those four seasons and even went on to win a world championship in 1950.

Browns fans clearly know their history, which is why I think they're all expecting to win the Super Bowl now following Cleveland's undefeated preseason.

One guy who isn't quite buying the hype yet is Browns coach Hue Jackson. Although Jackson is excited for his team, he did note that everyone is aware that it was "just the preseason."

"A year ago we were 0-4, so these guys came back with a different mentality," Jackson said, via Cleveland.com. "We understand it's just the preseason, but you've got to start someplace. They accomplished something that hadn't been done in 31 years, which is be 4-0 and that's a credit to them."

The Browns' second-year coach wants to take the momentum of the preseason into the team's opener against the Steelers.

"I can see something building in the locker room, and that's what you want," Jackson said. "We all know football's a whole lot different in the regular season, coming up against Pittsburgh."

The good news for the Browns is that a 4-0 preseason record means they're still mathematically alive to win the Super Bowl.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
8RSyhn6.jpg

jap

Legend
Celebrating an undefeated pre-season? What an utter waste of time!!! Pre-season wins have no value whatsoever! Only losing teams tend to emphasize winning in the preseason. Winning teams are more concerned with re-establishing rhythm & timing for their veterans and honing the skills of younger players.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Browns fans are a special breed of cat. Having lived in NE Ohio for so many years it's something to see when football season rolls around. Banners everywhere, flags, car decals and other decorations, and everyone's mind is on football. You see people wearing jerseys everywhere

On Monday the mood and feel for the day through the entire area depends on what the game was like on Sunday, and not just win or lose but how the game went. They are passionate as hell.

I really hope things turn around for that ball club but with that owner is highly unlikely.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I think it's awesome.Good for the Brownies!
Hope they have a winning season!

nighttrain

Legend
i think, it's very sad:mrburnsevil::LOL::censored::ROFLMAO::sneaky::cool::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

train

Last edited:

Zero

Pro Bowler
Celebrating an undefeated pre-season? What an utter waste of time!!! Pre-season wins have no value whatsoever! Only losing teams tend to emphasize winning in the preseason. Winning teams are more concerned with re-establishing rhythm & timing for their veterans and honing the skills of younger players.
I think your missing the humor in it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hilarious...D@MN YOU X, you stole my bit!

Very Impressive ~Spags

jap

Legend
I think your missing the humor in it.

It's pathetically humorous. The worst teams tend to have the best pre-season records. hat helps them to fill the stands for the early real games with ignorant fans whowant to believe the pre-season W/L ledger is a precursor of great things to come. But teams tend to play with plain vanilla offenses & defenses in the pre-season before they roll out the good stuff in the games that actually count. That's when the contenders start to separate themselves from the pretenders.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The 2008 Detroit Lions that went 0-16 also went undefeated in preseason.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's hilarious. The long suffering Browns fans are just having fun.

Personally, I'm picking the Browns up as my #2 team to watch this season (behind the Rams of course). I'm curious to see if Paul Depodesta (of Money Ball fame) can build a quality team in a small market like he did with the Oakland A's last decade. Not sure if his stats-mojo can translate to the NFL.

Zero

Pro Bowler
It's pathetically humorous. The worst teams tend to have the best pre-season records. hat helps them to fill the stands for the early real games with ignorant fans whowant to believe the pre-season W/L ledger is a precursor of great things to come. But teams tend to play with plain vanilla offenses & defenses in the pre-season before they roll out the good stuff in the games that actually count. That's when the contenders start to separate themselves from the pretenders.
The shirts have nothing to do with the Browns fans expectations for next year.
It's not a claim of things to come.It's a "we can't win anything else",so let's
sarcastically celebrate the preseason.It was done all in fun.nothing more.
I think it's a hilariously cool thing to do.

Last edited:

Zero

Pro Bowler
For those keeping score our last winning season was 2003,
while the Brownies did it in 2007
Doesn't look like we are so different,until proven otherwise.

…..

Legend
I think it's pretty funny and full of good cheer.

Good on them with the T-shirts. I would wear mine proudly and enjoy the conversations that followed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's pathetically humorous. The worst teams tend to have the best pre-season records.

If you cant find one shred or tiny but of evidence to back up anything that happens in pre season that matters in the real deal season you are going to make millions of dollars a year.

The 2008 Detroit Lions that went 0-16 also went undefeated in preseason.

The very next year the Rams almost went 0-16. But they beat the Lions on a trick play, a punt. Otherwise there would be two 0-16 teams in history and the sad fuck Lions and Rams would be standing shoulder to shoulder.

I think it's hilarious. The long suffering Browns fans are just having fun.

You'd have to live there to get it, but they are having a good time with it..........these are die hard fans. I am enjoying the fun they are having here!

You could find hundreds more of them than die hard fans of any other team.

So the Factory of Sadness produced a smile?:cautious:

Lets notr forget the Browns have won more games than the Ram in the last whatever years.

They are kinda our neighbors.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
To think, if not for the Rams, the whiners would have gone 0-16 last year and joined those lions.

I think those shirts are funny. Good shit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think people are missing the joke. It's self-deprecating humor. It's satire.

tempests

Hall of Fame
s.bowl_original_crop_north.jpg

Stop crapping on our Rams. Brownies haven't won or even played in a championship game since 1964. The false equivalencies end here. With the brief exception of the Kosar era, they've been the AFC's worst team since the mid 1970s.

Some cities and fan bases embrace the idea of being long suffering losers. You've got Cubs fans in baseball, you've got Browns fans in football. They're not more loyal than anyone else, they just love playing the martyr.