Browns aren't done now they trade Danny Shelton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Okay, someone help me out here.

What is it with the replies on Twitter with people saying "my wife left me" or "can you trade my wife back to me"?

I was off twitter for awhile and I seem to have totally missed it.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Id like to see what would happen over the weekend if snead and the browns gm had a hotel suite and some blow.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well damn, Shelton would have sure helped our search for a NT.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Brown's sure are making a lot of Noise this Off-Season. Now IF they can carry this on into the Draft and Hue can get his act together and do something with it, the Browns may Win a couple games!!
Quite Frankly I don’t like any move they have made. Tyrod Taylor has proven he’s mediocre at best Landry did nothing but disappoint in South Beach & Shelton will become an all pro in New England...The New Band leader in Cleveland Tommy Dorsey still searching for the right tune.

Tano

Legend
Dorsey is trying to compete with Snead as to who can make the most trades before FA begins.

It is now tied between them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shelton would look good in Horns.
Wonder why his name didn't come up in all those trade talks they are having about Williams getting some of his former players. Oh right....

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Per cbs:
With Danny Shelton traded to Patriots, every one of the Browns first-round picks from 2009 to 2015 is gone from the roster. All 10 of them.

Alex Mack
Joe Haden
Phil Taylor
Trent Richardson
Brandon Weeden
Barkevious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Johnny Manziel
Danny Shelton
Cameron Erving

12:24 PM - Mar 10, 2018

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Okay, someone help me out here.

What is it with the replies on Twitter with people saying "my wife left me" or "can you trade my wife back to me"?

I was off twitter for awhile and I seem to have totally missed it.

Just a meme people use in early responses to tweets. I imagine someone did it on some sort of viral tweet and it gained traction afterwards after being seen by so many people. The phrase then became an easy to use joke reply to just about everything.

Some see it as an evolution of replying "first" or something similar, saying that replying "first" was stale and this is a way to spice that up with this joke.

The joke has appeal for those who like darker humor. It also has humor as being a non-sequitur. The randomness and ludicrousness of it lends to the joke.

As far as I can tell, this joke is most prevalent on sports tweets in regards to transactions like these because those set themselves up the easiest. Here's Adam Schefter being confused by this phenomenon.

View: https://streamable.com/0xzh7

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Per cbs:
With Danny Shelton traded to Patriots, every one of the Browns first-round picks from 2009 to 2015 is gone from the roster. All 10 of them.

Alex Mack
Joe Haden
Phil Taylor
Trent Richardson
Brandon Weeden
Barkevious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Johnny Manziel
Danny Shelton
Cameron Erving

12:24 PM - Mar 10, 2018

Wow that's a lot of misses

Ram65

Legend
Would have been a good two year solution. One year remaining on contract and a 5th year option. It is curious why the Rams didn't go for him. No second next year and then no third too could be the problem. Could thrown in a 6th.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quite Frankly I don’t like any move they have made. Tyrod Taylor has proven he’s mediocre at best Landry did nothing but disappoint in South Beach & Shelton will become an all pro in New England...The New Band leader in Cleveland Tommy Dorsey still searching for the right tune.
Tyrod is definitely a better qb than they have and they were in a lot of their games last year to where their qb just couldn’t throw the deep ball at all. But Tyrod has a arm and he can get it to Landry and Gordon those two guys are going to really stress defenses. I like the moves they where smart moves and didn’t break the bank