Browns apparently hate their uniforms, reportedly considering wild helmet change - CBSSports.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Browns apparently hate their uniforms, reportedly considering wild helmet change

The Browns might be getting a new look in the near future

By John Breech (@johnbreech)
3/28/2017

Whoever was in charge of designing the Browns’ uniforms might not have a job for long, because apparently the team already hates the new look.

Less than two years after unveiling a completely new uniform, the Browns are already looking to start over.

At the NFL owners meeting this week, Browns co-owner Dee Haslam told ESPN Cleveland’s Tony Grossi that there were multiple problems with the team’s latest look.

https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/846459868223459328

For one, there was a general feeling that the team’s nine uniform combinations were too busy. Haslam also noted that there’s an issue with the fabric that makes the jerseys tight and uncomfortable for the players. That might explain their record last season.

The Browns and Nike spent roughly two years designing the new uniforms, which is why it’s such a shock that Cleveland might already want to replace them. The problem with getting new uniforms is that it’s a long process.

Under NFL rules, you can’t replace a uniform more than once every five years, meaning the Browns are stuck with their current duds until the end of the 2019 season. Also, it takes two years to design a new uniform, meaning the Browns likely won’t start planning for their new look until after the 2017 season.

“We’ve talked about it, but we haven’t conceptualized what that might be, and we have to work with the NFL on it,” Haslam said.

When the team does eventually go through the two-year design process, don’t look for them to make the same mistakes they made when they changed their uniform in 2015.

“We’ve learned a lot through that process,” Haslam said. “We will go through the process probably again.”

As for what the new uniforms might look like, Haslam didn’t want to give away any secrets.

“We’re the Cleveland Browns. We stand for a certain thing,” Haslam said. “I can’t imagine doing anything too crazy, can you? I can’t.”

Apparently, there is one crazy thing that might happen. A team source told Grossi that the Browns are “seriously looking” at the possibility of dumping their orange helmet and going with a white one. The team wore a white helmet between 1946 and 1949. The team also happened to win four straight world championships between 1946-49, so maybe going in that direction is the right move.

You can see what all three of the Browns’ current uniforms look like below (Ironically, none of the three players who modeled the uniform in 2015 are still on the team). The all-orange look clearly isn’t popular because the Browns haven’t worn it a single time during their two seasons with the new uniforms.

browns-uniform-change-03-27-17.png

Apparently, the Browns don't like their uniforms ClevelandBrowns.com

----------
Didn't the players help design these uniforms in the first place? Maybe they should leave the uniform designing to the professionals and concentrate on winning a flipping game! I never liked their new uniforms anyways. Also, a white helmet for Cleveland?! That just wouldn't look right; especially after decades of crappy football in orange.

Debacled

Starter
"Tight and uncomfortable fabric" haha. Not like these guys have been wearing essentially the same unis with different colors and designs since they stepped foot on a college campus....

BeefJurky

Rookie
The 5 year rule is super lame.
Make it like 2 or 3 imo.

I'm pretty sure the main reason it exists is because of NFL partnerships with manufacturers and stores who don't want to have outdated jerseys every other year, but 5 is unnecessary. Makes it way too hard for teams to try things out, so Jerseys end up looking more or less the same for decades often.

While their at it, should allow multiple helmets. But thats another debate altogether.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"We just need a change of color and mascot...I see something purpley and black, and a black bird that just says "Never more..." Something that says I have won a Super Bowl....."
~Browns Nation
8S4ZxTE.jpg

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Browns have had the ugliest uniforms in the league since they came into existence. Their helmets are so bland. Add a dog print or something.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well they should certainly do SOMETHING different. Hey.... how about let their QB wear a different team's helmet.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The Browns have had the ugliest uniforms in the league since they came into existence. Their helmets are so bland. Add a dog print or something.

"Hey, don't forget about us!" - Jacksonville Jaguars

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are so spoiled...The horns are just the best. They are old school and whatever school you want. classic.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The problem is the brown, and that won't go away. It doesn't make for a sporty look. Brown is not dynamic. Changing the helmet to white sounds like a superstition move. That is a big mistake. White helmets won't make the brown any better. I think the helmets will detract.

Put a nice logo on the Orange helmet. That would be a good start. Cincinnati totally changed when they added the stripes.

I would also play with a brown helmet, with a white logo. Then use mostly white or orange on the uniforms. If the are the Browns (dumbest name in football, maybe all sports), then the helmet should really reflect it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The Browns and Nike spent roughly two years designing the new uniforms

I know a lot of people here love the Rams blue and yellow , but with NIKE involved , I'd be careful with what you wish for

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Browns and Nike spent roughly two years designing the new uniforms

I know a lot of people here love the Rams blue and yellow , but with NIKE involved , I'd be careful with what you wish for

It took Nike two years to come up with those uniforms? A novice could draw out a uniform in an afternoon.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally, the Browns aren't my favorite uniform, but they are over thinking this.

It's a classic look and they should embrace that, IMO.

But, who knows. Maybe they come up with something cool. Just stay away from the Jags designers as others have said.