Brockers thread. Or.... my video page.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[nfl]09000d5d828542aa[/nfl]

PhxRam

Did I read those combine numbers right and he was the worst on the bench press?? I keep reading he is strong but he only put up 19 on the bench..

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
Did I read those combine numbers right and he was the worst on the bench press?? I keep reading he is strong but he only put up 19 on the bench..

Height: 6062
Weight: 322
40 Yrd Dash: 5.36
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
Vertical Jump: 26 1/2
Broad Jump: 08'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.81
3-Cone Drill: 7.46

03/19/12
Height: 6062
Weight: 322
40 Yrd Dash: 5.18
20 Yrd Dash: 3.01
10 Yrd Dash: 1.73
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 30
Broad Jump: 08'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.78
3-Cone Drill: 7.48

40 Time Range: 5.18-5.26

PhxRam

oh boy.. Lets hope with some real NFL trainers he can work on his strength

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
PhxRam said:

A part of the horrible bench press could be his incredibly-long arms; they're thirty-six inches. He's got an impressive wingspan, and 6'6", 322 lbs. for a defensive tackle is pretty damn impressive whichever way you look at it. In the best case scenario, he's Marcus Stroud-incarnate.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
From what I'm reading, this kid grew really fast and is still coming into his own physically. He's already a big specimen, and I'm sure Rock is going to get him in the training room & add strength/bulk to an already mammoth frame. We may be set at DT for a very long time, and that's something that we've been missing since forever. Granted, I'm convincing myself he's a great pick, but it's turning out to be not-so-hard to do.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i like the way he can get off blocks to make the tackle.

still bummed that claiborne fell to the rams and they still traded down.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Brockers has always been my favorite DT in this class. Although, as you're all probably aware, I didn't want any of them with 6. I'm more than happy with the pick @14, and I'm happy they got the deal done. I could give a shit less if we lost on the "trade chart" or not. That's a very smart play. Fisher can coach defensive linemen, and this kid has more upside than the lot. I really like his explosion off the ball. From the begging of a game/snap to the end of the game/play he's always on it as well. Constantly pursuing. Lot's of strength. Does NOT miss a tackle in the backfield, or anywhere really. Has all the measurables. Love this pic at mid round. Even sweeter for me, because I'm pretty sure Carroll pansy bitch ass was trying to screw us out of Cox.

I sure hope we make some noise tomorrow. We've got some firepower. Here's to that, and the Rams :beer:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Memento said:
PhxRam said:

A part of the horrible bench press could be his incredibly-long arms; they're thirty-six inches. He's got an impressive wingspan, and 6'6", 322 lbs. for a defensive tackle is pretty damn impressive whichever way you look at it. In the best case scenario, he's Marcus Stroud-incarnate.

very true. the guys with the shorter arms have it easier.

worked out well for the rams. if indeed they were targeting brockers and he had a great combine they would have had to use their #6 on him. now they got an extra 2nd rounder.

PhxRam

X said:
PhxRam said:
From what I'm reading, this kid grew really fast and is still coming into his own physically. He's already a big specimen, and I'm sure Rock is going to get him in the training room & add strength/bulk to an already mammoth frame. We may be set at DT for a very long time, and that's something that we've been missing since forever. Granted, I'm convincing myself he's a great pick, but it's turning out to be not-so-hard to do.

Dont get me wrong, I dont necessarily mind the pick but from what I am reading he sounds like a project. I have faith in this regime so I am more than willing to give them a chance on this pick.

I am not all that happy we ignored the WR position, but I think the Jags may have had a hand in that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
X said:
PhxRam said:

Dont get me wrong, I dont necessarily mind the pick but from what I am reading he sounds like a project. I have faith in this regime so I am more than willing to give them a chance on this pick.

I am not all that happy we ignored the WR position, but I think the Jags may have had a hand in that.
Well, we have a chance to take the 3rd rated receiver (consensus opinion out there) in the draft tomorrow night in Rueben Randle.

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
PhxRam said:

Excelent point momento. I worry though, with Langford, our starting DTs are both like 6-6. Taller guys often have trouble with leverage, though I read Brockers doesn't.

I hope the best for him, though I'm not thrilled.

PhxRam

steferfootball said:
Memento said:
PhxRam said:

Excelent point momento. I worry though, with Langford, our starting DTs are both like 6-6. Taller guys often have trouble with leverage, though I read Brockers doesn't.

I hope the best for him, though I'm not thrilled.

Lets hope then they get their hands up and swat alot of balls back into the QBs lap..

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[flv]http://lvideos.5min.com/477/5173477/517347662_2.mp4[/flv]