Brockers, the hidden cog that makes the defense go?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't think it's a coincidence that Brockers being out for most or all of the last two games has coincided with problems our D is having. Thoughts?

Signing him seems to be a priority coming up and getting a decent back-up seems important too.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Our run suffers greatly when he's not in there.

How many here, remember how bad our run d was before we drafted him?
I do. It was atrocious.

Ogletree has taken a few lumps so far as well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Hidden cog or not, he's a valuable piece, and our defense is significantly better when he's in there. His play doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but there's no doubt he makes a difference.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hidden cog or not, he's a valuable piece, and our defense is significantly better when he's in there. His play doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but there's no doubt he makes a difference.
Did you like how he dropped into coverage on the 4th and goal . Another head scratcher

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Did you like how he dropped into coverage on the 4th and goal . Another head scratcher

Didn't see that, but we've seen him do it once or twice before. It's a head scratcher, but at the same time, not the reason they got that TD.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't see that, but we've seen him do it once or twice before. It's a head scratcher, but at the same time, not the reason they got that TD.
True , but rushing 3 is my concern . The D seemed lost all day .

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
True , but rushing 3 is my concern . The D seemed lost all day .

They are a bit discombobulated with the DL injuries hitting as suddenly as they have. Really need to get these guys healthy. Think we could have survived yesterday with either a everybody on the DL being healthy or everybody in the secondary being healthy, but with two critical pieces missing from both of those units to begin with (and Brockers later), against that QB and that offense on their turf, it's a tall order.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Love what Brockers does.....But the others are key pieces too....

When looking at the big draft of the #1 overall pick, it's easy to see where a quality DT would have been more valuable than Cam Thomas & Easley (although Easley has played well)....Similarly, a quality db(corner), or true FS....a serious backer.... all legitimate needs....which always leads to, what exactly did we give up all the 2nds & 3rd rounders for???? Quality players in this draft...Esp. in DT or even a DL with more talent/measureables than Sims/Hayes/Westbrooks....I still don't know what's up with Longacre, but it's typical, a guy shows some talent, and he's splitting reps with JAG's....

You can't just throw draft capital/ or rather picks away, without an obvious reason...and YES, franchise QB is a good reason...However in my experiences, franchise QB's play.....
I do not know how anyone can expect a win in London vs NYG.
I put this in here Fl. to circumvent the vent thread rule of 24 hours...LOLOLOLOL! but you know how Fish does...we lose the ones we should win...and win the ones it looks like a loss....

Goff would have not come close to Keenum's performance today, no Rams QB in history has had as many straight completions kind of a so what record but a record no the less.
no way of knowing for sure bart...in fact, I was reminded that some of these same Detroit Lions help get Matt Flynn a record contract (6 td game)....and he never played that well...ever...again...remember that game????

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Brockers was definitely missed. Some no-name RB was ripping off starting RB type runs. Shady McCoy railroaded us last week but he did the same to the 49ers this week.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think we're just weak in the Defensive Depth Department Period!! JMHO!
But I do say you may have a good point about Brockers being a " Facilitator!!