Brockers out of the boot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JIM THOMAS

It may still be a couple of weeks before defensive tackle Michael Brockers plays in a game for the Rams, but the first-round draft pick from Louisiana State is making progress.

Brockers hasn't played or practiced since suffering a high-ankle sprain in the preseason finale against Baltimore on Aug. 30. But he's out of his walking boot and did some field work on the side Friday at Rams Park.

Brockers will miss his third game of the season Sunday when the Rams play the Bears in Chicago.

MORE: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 0f31a.html

Having Brockers would be making a BIG difference. imo
Brockers changes the DT dynamics and causes havoc...even without meaning too.
I have to say that Brockers was a guy I was really looking forward to watch develop.
He was playing kinda slow in the pre-season...thinking and not just playing!!

He flashed but needs to be relentless in his pursuit and pass rush.
It's okay...that part of his game will come as he gets more comfortable.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This means that he should be able to practice the week before the AZ game and be able to play in that game. I hope they don't try to rush him into the SEA game. Guys that big usually have a little longer recovery time on ankle/foot/knee things right?

The run defense is still smelly so lets hope he gets back in and makes a difference. 5.5 per tote is just a little too much to give up eh.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:
This means that he should be able to practice the week before the AZ game and be able to play in that game. I hope they don't try to rush him into the SEA game. Guys that big usually have a little longer recovery time on ankle/foot/knee things right?

The run defense is still smelly so lets hope he gets back in and makes a difference. 5.5 per tote is just a little too much to give up eh.
lil bit, yeah.

I feel a little better now that Forte is out of the CHI game, but it doesn't erase the memory of perennial scrubs running for miles against our defense in recent years (and games). Brockers really can't get back quick enough for me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Amen to Brockers changes this D and he can't get back quick enough. The Rams D will put up SICK stats with him back and all the rooks settling in! I can't wait!!!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Excellent. Can't wait until Brockers and Conrath get back to full strength. Opposing offenses are going to fear us.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
Excellent. Can't wait until Brockers and Conrath get back to full strength. Opposing offenses are going to fear us.

We need em. We are giving up a league high in YPC. Over 5.5 per rush. Not good.

Once we start getting a more consistant pocket push from the DTs, Long and Quinn will start lighting it up. IMO both have played very well so far. Long's stat line has been a bit miss leading as to his contribution to the D. He has 12 QB pressures through 2 games and has been responsible for a couple of errant throws that wound up as INTs.

Speeps

Starter
Good to hear. That means we should get him back in time to take on Seattle and Arizona. It would have been nice to have him in this game, especially since the Bears M.O is to pound the rock.