Britt welcomes fresh start with Rams/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ehh Im not even gonna say it...I think everyone knows where I stand on Kenny Britt by this point. :D...cant wait for this season

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kenny Britt making good impression on St. Louis Rams

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...britt-making-good-impression-on-st-louis-rams

On the most recent edition of the Around The League Podcast, we noted that the St. Louis Rams have dumped a lot of resources into their receiving corps over the past few seasons.

Tight end Jared Cook landed a $35 million contract. Wide receivers Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens and Austin Pettis were all drafted in the first four rounds.

For all of that investment, the Rams were one of just four teams (Jets, Bills, Chiefs) without a player over 700 receiving yards last season.

From what they have seen out of enigmatic free-agent acquisition Kenny Britt, the Rams have reason to believe he could emerge as their top receiver. Jeff Fisher said last week that the coaching staff has been "very, very impressed" with his former Titans pupil. And quarterback Sam Bradford told NFL Media's Michelle Beisner that Britt has been a standout in offseason practices.

"He was out here just talking back and forth with our DBs letting them know that he was going to beat them, and sure enough first two, first three routes are one-on-ones," Bradford said. "He runs two go-routes for touchdowns so his spirit, it's just been great for us."

Britt hasn't been able to gain separation from cornerbacks since the first of three knee surgeries starting in 2011. He was one of the least effective players in the NFL last season.

If his speed and explosiveness are back, though, Britt has a chance to make good on his pledge to re-emerge as a No. 1 starter for his new team.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It would probably help more just to not put adjectives on other posters. They're not the issue, are they?

You can (wrongly) believe I'm just sensitive if you want, but there are ways to phrase things that don't come off as insulting to others (even if you didn't mean to be).

As well, it's probably time for the argument over Watkins to die. He's not a Ram, he's likely never going to be. It's not just those who wanted him who need to let it go.

Dang it, Boffo, can we just pretend to like eachother? Lol

I didn't read that, BTW. :D

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
If he can play he's gonna be like our version of Anquan Boldin, only better, which is exactly what we need. It also sounds like he's not afraid to get the other team a little flustered.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Dang it, Boffo, can we just pretend to like eachother? Lol

I didn't read that, BTW. :D
OK, fine. Don't read it. Continue to be an instigating douchenozzle if you wish. I can't stop you. Don't be surprised if you start piling up the inappropriates because I know for a fact I'm not the only one tired of it.

If you wish to discuss the Rams without being such, I'll be here.

FRO

Legend
If he can play he's gonna be like our version of Anquan Boldin, only better, which is exactly what we need. It also sounds like he's not afraid to get the other team a little flustered.
I don't think he will be our Bolden. Bolden doesn't have drop issues. Britt does. Britt does have good ability, but Bolden isn't the comparison. I think he can be a poor mans TO. I think if he is on his A game and fully healthy he can get us 70-1000-10. That would be outstanding if he did that.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I'm loving the signing now tbh, he seems to have brought a new air of confidence to our receiving corps, and seems to be "up for it" - (and I'm not talking about his instagram video there), I'm excited to see what his influence can do to our offence, and the guy is still only 25!

...but, on the video front, lets be honest, thats nothing to worry about, it wasn't drugs, drink, guns, wasn't dragging his wife around by the hair or smacking her about, so i don't know what the fuss is about.

It's indicative of irresponsible, reckless behavior, a disregard for authority and raises questions concerning his character...

Other than that, not much really.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gentlemen we all know that the Rams need the Britt signing to pay dividends...Now it does not have to be huge, however, it would help and IMO he does have talent so that's a start and he has no where else to go. I trust Fisher on this one and Thordaddy is right on point about Gregg Williams being with the Titans last year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
OK, fine. Don't read it. Continue to be an instigating douchenozzle if you wish. I can't stop you. Don't be surprised if you start piling up the inappropriates because I know for a fact I'm not the only one tired of it.

If you wish to discuss the Rams without being such, I'll be here.

I've decided talking about Britt is more important than talking about your feelings, Boffo. Get a grip.

If Britt returns to his early form, the NFL pundits will clamor on finding flaws with this team. I'm sure they'll deny our dominance all the way to the Lambardi. Lol! Sweet revenge... :D

Last edited:

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I'm going to try getting through just one more time. Hopefully, you don't do the "I didn't read it" garbage again.

Lol I only saw 1 inappropriate so I guess it was yours. One man army? That's cool... and stuff.

This time, it was one person. Other times, it's been more. I know you know this.

I will admit I rewrote this part of the post three times to keep from offending all the... um... (*thinking*- they don't like being called anything demasculating because... whatever)

I know you don't want to admit you did anything wrong, so you're still trying to play this sensitive card. It wasn't that the insult was so incredibly dire in and of itself, it's that there was an insult at all over an issue no longer relevant and that a lot of people are tired of. Why call anyone anything if we're all fellow Rams fans? I'll apologize for disrespecting you above because no one likes being disrespected even if it's mildly so.

Had you just said that if Britt lives up to his hype, it'll reassure people who are concerned about our WRs, I would have agreed with you.

I'll just end this with a... GO RAMS! RAMS BABY!!!

That's a universal phrase we can agree on.
I hope it ends there. I actually like you and a lot of your posts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Better hope PhxMoe doesn't show up here anytime soon.

three-stooges-slap-gif.gif

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I don't think he will be our Bolden. Bolden doesn't have drop issues. Britt does. Britt does have good ability, but Bolden isn't the comparison. I think he can be a poor mans TO. I think if he is on his A game and fully healthy he can get us 70-1000-10. That would be outstanding if he did that.

Yeah that's understandable. Boldin was just the guy who came to mind first since he's in our division now. He's also one that's always jawing to the other team, well at least when he plays us.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to what will happen with our receivers this year.

FRO

Legend
Yeah that's understandable. Boldin was just the guy who came to mind first since he's in our division now. He's also one that's always jawing to the other team, well at least when he plays us.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to what will happen with our receivers this year.
Me too. It's hard not to get excited when you hear the media reports on this guy looking great and you see video of him running right past Tru, adjusting to the ball like it's super easy. The guy looked explosive in that video. If physically he is at his 2010 level and if mentally he is focus and busting it, then we will have hit a grand slam in free agency.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Bro .. I am so "Rams Fan" right now ... this is me
900_friends-jennifer-aniston-friends-826889036-58.jpg
That's preferable to some of the imagery that came up in my thread about how good this team will be at preventing comebacks by their opponents. ;)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's indicative of irresponsible, reckless behavior, a disregard for authority and raises questions concerning his character...
Other than that, not much really.

Foolish, maybe, disregard for authority may be pushing it - with regards to his character, it seems to fit with a 25yo kid with a bit of an ego complex (he's a WR for goodness sake!) - what I was saying was there are a lot of worse things that he could be doing than posting vids of him and his wife online...

FRO

Legend
Foolish, maybe, disregard for authority may be pushing it - with regards to his character, it seems to fit with a 25yo kid with a bit of an ego complex (he's a WR for goodness sake!) - what I was saying was there are a lot of worse things that he could be doing than posting vids of him and his wife online...
Are we sure it's his wife?