Britt McHenry WOW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I have never went to a business, and picked apart the wage earner across the table....
1. "do you know who I am"...nope, never used this.
2. Put down someone and their life..inferring they are a loser, living in a trailer
3. Personal appearance and weight..teeth. education...Hammering someone that needs a job
and knows they are being watched on camera and can't beat yur @ss because they (might}
have people that rely on them..Just chickensh.t by the reporter

No, I just don't think I'm being hypocritical here. I HAVE told someone that I felt sorry them (Because the jobs sucked so bad), but I really felt that way..This reporter really only felt contempt....

+1

Same for me. I wanted to write that exact post, basically word for word.

Well put.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Britt McHenry's tirade reminded me of a girl I knew and a night in a bar along the Railroad, called NightTracks.

Her name was Lynn. I watched her throw a beer on some poor sucker in a bar because he asked her to dance. This girl was beyond stuck up. She was pretty, built nice and her parents were rich. I knew her from when she first moved to town back in high school. She always looked hot, and even the teachers kissed her ass. Now, I didn't know the guy that approached her. He was not from town. In my time standing around the bar and chitchatting with everyone, I thought he seemed like a decent person. He wasn't dressed the nicest and had his shitkickers on. He was a little dumpy and his hair was not combed. He didn't look like a guy that you would picture Lynn having anything to do with but he must have not realized it. The guy approached her and tried to get her attention. He was not disrespectful in anyway. He was a bit timid and I don't think he understood that her ignoring him was a sign to walk away. He kind of stood there waiting for his turn to talk to her. He finally got Lynn to turn his way and he asked her to dance with him. She screamed with disgust and said 'NO!, now get the fuck out of my face, you Creep!', as she threw her beer on him. The guy looked shocked. It was way over the top and he didn't deserve that. My friend Jim and I were standing right behind her, so I heard everything. She screamed so loudly that the whole bar went silent and everyone turned their way to see what was going on. One of my lifelong friends, Pat, was a big boy and he wanted Lynn in the worst way. He was at the pool table. She spotted him right away and ran over to him and started crying, this obviously fake cry. It looked hokie from where I stood and she really had nothing to cry about. I don't know what she exactly told him but she convinced Pat that the guy needed a good ass kicking. She knew that she would be able to get Pat to do whatever she wanted because he was drunk and not so smart to begin with and he wanted to impress her. So Pat goes over and drags this poor guy outside and starts beating the crap out of him. It happened so fast that I didn't get a chance to try and talk him out of it. The bar empties to the parking lot, to see what was going to happen. Pat is instantly going to town on this guys head. After a short time people start trying to pull him off, and the cops show up and take Pat straight to county jail. We all go back inside and resume our places that we had prior to the ruckus. Lynn is standing around laughing and drinking and having a high old time, like nothing happened. Meanwhile Pat was in jail (for a week, it wasn't his first time) and that guy had his face all bloodied up and a big bump along his left eye, and I am sure he didn't understand exactly why. Lynn was making comments about how everyone in town will know that if you are not at her level, not to bother asking. She didn't care that Pat went to jail. She didn't care that some guy got his face bashed in for no good reason. She was happy as can be. I was so pissed that I felt like grabbing that bitch and dragging her up on the stage, and beating her with a chair in front of the whole place. But I don't lose control so easily. So my friend and I calmly went over and told her what we thought of her, in front of her friends, and the rest of the people gathered around to hear her tell the story. She started screaming at us. She was telling us how much better she was than we were and her Dad was an important person in town and she doesn't even talk to freaks like us because she is up here and we were down here, while she demonstrated with her hand. I didn't care, I was laughing at her and making sure everyone that could hear us knew what really happened with that poor guy. I wanted them all to realize who she really was. Then I left. Lynn never liked me much to begin with but she hated me more than ever after that. That was the last time I ever went to that bar and the last time I saw Lynn, but I heard from plenty of people how much she hated me for a few weeks after. It felt good.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I understand why so many have that reaction to her tirade. It was very telling. She showed her true colors, which were so much different than the fake ones she loves to portray. She thinks she is something special because she is on TV and that somehow makes her better than someone else. She judges people based on her own life. She is shallow and probably had her ass kissed her whole life because she was pretty and acted nice to the right people. A lot of people have trouble with fake people and seeing it to this degree is shocking.

Actually, I do understand the reaction - kinda' reminds me of another phony who stood up in front of the entire country and said 'we need to pass it to know what's in it', and got a total pass.

I'll take a self-centered bitch over a lying hypocrite all day long.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Actually, I do understand the reaction - kinda' reminds me of another phony who stood up in front of the entire country and said 'we need to pass it to know what's in it', and got a total pass.

I'll take a self-centered bitch over a lying hypocrite all day long.

Personally I don't like either.........equally.

jjab360

Legend
Not anymore I imagine.

Sad fact is, at least at MU, there are/were crap-tons of talentless, secretly rude and fucked up female journalism students from my experience. Really super fake ones.

Way too many of these jokers get by on a cute laugh and a pretty face, and don't really know what the freak they're even reporting on.

“do you know who I am?”

Really? Definitely a baby door. Sorry princess, most people in the country who watch ESPN probably don't know who you are. Because they don't care.

Honestly though, she sounds like Faux News material. Bet they snatch her up to join their massive pool of deluded, brain dead, blonde bimbos who spout nonsense 24/7.

Seriously, people who launch into tirades, verbally slaughtering people they don't even know pisses me off.
I'm sorry, but the amount of hypocrisy in this last statement is baffling.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I understand angry reactions to tow truck drivers like...

I pay 995 dollars a year for this parking spot!
You left my sterile ashtray stuffed with generic cigarettes!
2,300 miles tacked to my tachometer...Really? That explains the sandcastle skeltons on my car carpet! You went to the beach in my antique Shelby Cobra...You BASTARD!
There were NO TOWING SIGNS within a hundred yards of my vehicle! Show me the sign? Show me!

I CAN'T understand awful comments such as...

You're nothing but remedial white trash Dracula Ticks you sonof$#%!

Do you know who I am? Do you know Who I Am? Have any idea? In your puny brain you Poster Child for poster childs!

...What's the name of the gang you're fixing to gangbang in my car tonight you toothless meth slut?

OR-
You cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit! How dare YOU TOWED MY SENTRA!

...Chevy Chase/Clark Griswold :LOL:

Last edited:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
All the apologizing she did and not once did she apologize for looking so homely on camera!!!!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Now if only there is media coverage of Disney's ownership of ESPN while it links up to questioning their integrity for not as to why ESPN didn't fire this bitch.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Funny, I got arrested by LAX TSA and held for about 19 hours without a phone call before an FBI agent stopped by, and within about 2 minutes of him getting there he had me released and asking me not to go public. The entire time I just kind of sat there bored. I was arrested for "having a weapon" and they saw it was the final leg of my trip that originated from the middle east.

Of course when the FBI finally shows up (they weren't even told I was there for quite some time) he sees a soldier, in uniform, in the jail, and the "deadly weapon" is the pin from his purple heart as he just arrived for leave from Iraq. Needless to say he was not happy.

That's what happens when you stick morons with some authority.

I didn't bitch, didn't yell, just kind of waited. Of course I asked them why I was there, and they didn't tell me, so what else was there for me to do? Throwing a fit doesn't help, and while I could easily have targeted those TSA employees, what's the point?
Exactly, bitching and throwing a fit would make matters worse.

jjab360

Legend
I don't get it.
Launching into a tirade, verbally slaughtering someone you don't know (baby door, braindead, blonde bimbo, deluded, talentless, fucked up, etc.), and then immediately afterwards claiming they can't stand when people launch into a tirade, verbally slaughtering someone they don't know?

That's the very definition of hyprocrisy.

As for my opinion on the matter, honestly I had never even heard of this chick before so I'm not going to pretend to know what kind of person she is based on one argument that oddly enough we haven't even been able to hear the other end of. Or what is it, we should hold McHenry to a higher standard than the Advanced Towing employee (which, also oddly enough has gotten terrible reviews and complaints on yelp for customer service and employees with bad attitudes) because she's on tv? Isn't that just reinforcing the ideal at the root of the issue in which people think that she think she's more important than the average person?

Sorry to play devil's advocate here, but somebody has to.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
lol, I thought this was about a draft prospect.

Shows how much I watch BSPN.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/source-espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-200100450.html

There's two sides to every story... and while ESPN's Britt McHenry might not be able to talk about her now viral Easter Sunday towing experience thanks to a week-long suspension, another source is speaking up.
McHenry was suspended for a week after surveillance video of her berating a towing company employee went public, but a source tells ET that the women in the video also provoked the Washington D.C.-based sports reporter during the April 5 incident.
In the video that has since gone viral, McHenry is seen making comments about the women's lack of education, having no teeth as well as her weight.
"Do you feel good about your job?" she asks at one point. "So I could be a college dropout and do the same thing? Why, 'cause I have a brain and you don't?"
PHOTOS: 8 Celeb Feuds That Just Won't Die
However, according to a source, the Advanced Towing employee was "rude, dismissive and taunting," and the tape released is "highly edited" to show only McHenry in an unflattering light. For example, her dig to "lose some weight, baby girl" was allegedly a response to the employee telling her to "fix your roots."
McHenry did tweet about the incident on April 6, writing in a now-deleted post, "Just got towed after eating dinner at an establishment in Arlington. How corrupt is Advanced Towing?"
Advanced Towing Company, LLC currently has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau and there have been 40 complaints to the BBB about the company in the last three years. The company also made negative headlines earlier this month, when an Arlington father said his car -- with his two children inside -- were nearly towed away during a recent trip to a local CVS when an Advanced Towing driver didn't see the children initially.
Still, the source says McHenry suggested that she go back to Arlington and offer an apology, but was advised not to by ESPN, as it might only "fuel the situation." The source also claims Advance Towing has been "shopping the tape around," and even approached ESPN before the video went viral.
McHenry apologized for her actions on Thursday on Twitter.
"In an intense and stressful moment, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me and said some insulting and regrettable things," she tweeted. "As frustrated as I was, I should always choose to be respectful and take the high road. I am so sorry for my actions and will learn from this mistake."

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Not defending her tirade but IMO predatory towing companies and their employees are the scum of the earth......

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think some of you guys are missing the point.

She threw the tantrum AFTER she was told she was on camera and LOOKED at it.

That's disdain at a level that deserves more than one week in the penalty box.

jjab360

Legend
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/source-espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-200100450.html

There's two sides to every story... and while ESPN's Britt McHenry might not be able to talk about her now viral Easter Sunday towing experience thanks to a week-long suspension, another source is speaking up.
McHenry was suspended for a week after surveillance video of her berating a towing company employee went public, but a source tells ET that the women in the video also provoked the Washington D.C.-based sports reporter during the April 5 incident.
In the video that has since gone viral, McHenry is seen making comments about the women's lack of education, having no teeth as well as her weight.
"Do you feel good about your job?" she asks at one point. "So I could be a college dropout and do the same thing? Why, 'cause I have a brain and you don't?"
PHOTOS: 8 Celeb Feuds That Just Won't Die
However, according to a source, the Advanced Towing employee was "rude, dismissive and taunting," and the tape released is "highly edited" to show only McHenry in an unflattering light. For example, her dig to "lose some weight, baby girl" was allegedly a response to the employee telling her to "fix your roots."
McHenry did tweet about the incident on April 6, writing in a now-deleted post, "Just got towed after eating dinner at an establishment in Arlington. How corrupt is Advanced Towing?"
Advanced Towing Company, LLC currently has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau and there have been 40 complaints to the BBB about the company in the last three years. The company also made negative headlines earlier this month, when an Arlington father said his car -- with his two children inside -- were nearly towed away during a recent trip to a local CVS when an Advanced Towing driver didn't see the children initially.
Still, the source says McHenry suggested that she go back to Arlington and offer an apology, but was advised not to by ESPN, as it might only "fuel the situation." The source also claims Advance Towing has been "shopping the tape around," and even approached ESPN before the video went viral.
McHenry apologized for her actions on Thursday on Twitter.
"In an intense and stressful moment, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me and said some insulting and regrettable things," she tweeted. "As frustrated as I was, I should always choose to be respectful and take the high road. I am so sorry for my actions and will learn from this mistake."
I don't even know this chick but she was clearly baited into what she was saying with some back and forth between her and the employee. You can take a heated argument between any two people, cut out one side, and make the other look like a bully.

Sorry, but I just don't agree with everybody who piled on without knowing both sides of the story.

fancents86

Starter
Britt McHenry's tirade reminded me of a girl I knew and a night in a bar along the Railroad, called NightTracks.

Her name was Lynn. I watched her throw a beer on some poor sucker in a bar because he asked her to dance. This girl was beyond stuck up. She was pretty, built nice and her parents were rich. I knew her from when she first moved to town back in high school. She always looked hot, and even the teachers kissed her ass. Now, I didn't know the guy that approached her. He was not from town. In my time standing around the bar and chitchatting with everyone, I thought he seemed like a decent person. He wasn't dressed the nicest and had his shitkickers on. He was a little dumpy and his hair was not combed. He didn't look like a guy that you would picture Lynn having anything to do with but he must have not realized it. The guy approached her and tried to get her attention. He was not disrespectful in anyway. He was a bit timid and I don't think he understood that her ignoring him was a sign to walk away. He kind of stood there waiting for his turn to talk to her. He finally got Lynn to turn his way and he asked her to dance with him. She screamed with disgust and said 'NO!, now get the freak out of my face, you Creep!', as she threw her beer on him. The guy looked shocked. It was way over the top and he didn't deserve that. My friend Jim and I were standing right behind her, so I heard everything. She screamed so loudly that the whole bar went silent and everyone turned their way to see what was going on. One of my lifelong friends, Pat, was a big boy and he wanted Lynn in the worst way. He was at the pool table. She spotted him right away and ran over to him and started crying, this obviously fake cry. It looked hokie from where I stood and she really had nothing to cry about. I don't know what she exactly told him but she convinced Pat that the guy needed a good ass kicking. She knew that she would be able to get Pat to do whatever she wanted because he was drunk and not so smart to begin with and he wanted to impress her. So Pat goes over and drags this poor guy outside and starts beating the crap out of him. It happened so fast that I didn't get a chance to try and talk him out of it. The bar empties to the parking lot, to see what was going to happen. Pat is instantly going to town on this guys head. After a short time people start trying to pull him off, and the cops show up and take Pat straight to county jail. We all go back inside and resume our places that we had prior to the ruckus. Lynn is standing around laughing and drinking and having a high old time, like nothing happened. Meanwhile Pat was in jail (for a week, it wasn't his first time) and that guy had his face all bloodied up and a big bump along his left eye, and I am sure he didn't understand exactly why. Lynn was making comments about how everyone in town will know that if you are not at her level, not to bother asking. She didn't care that Pat went to jail. She didn't care that some guy got his face bashed in for no good reason. She was happy as can be. I was so pissed that I felt like grabbing that bitch and dragging her up on the stage, and beating her with a chair in front of the whole place. But I don't lose control so easily. So my friend and I calmly went over and told her what we thought of her, in front of her friends, and the rest of the people gathered around to hear her tell the story. She started screaming at us. She was telling us how much better she was than we were and her Dad was an important person in town and she doesn't even talk to freaks like us because she is up here and we were down here, while she demonstrated with her hand. I didn't care, I was laughing at her and making sure everyone that could hear us knew what really happened with that poor guy. I wanted them all to realize who she really was. Then I left. Lynn never liked me much to begin with but she hated me more than ever after that. That was the last time I ever went to that bar and the last time I saw Lynn, but I heard from plenty of people how much she hated me for a few weeks after. It felt good.

Can't stand hoes like this, man. Makes my blood boil. And people say there's no reason to hit a woman. There are a million reasons, we just chose not to bc it's not a fight. This birch deserved to knocked right the F out.

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Not defending her tirade but IMO predatory towing companies and their employees are the scum of the earth......

To think this "educated" woman has actually drawn a degree of sympathy to such an apparent sleeze-bag operation is nothing short of appalling.

Agree with Les, the gaze into the camera...you think she woulda known better.

I'll be the first to admit I've done worse, but sheesh- I wuz never in the "news":D