Bridgewater did not IMPRESS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Meh...some guys are just game day studs. Other guys are workout warriors who cant play when the competition is on. No doubt that this workout scared some teams away,but that could be a mistake. What we do know is that the talking heads are going to look at Teddy's wobbly passes and blow this thing out of proportion.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I look at it like preseason games. It doesn't work both ways. When you look good at your pro day or in preseason, it doesn't mean it's going to equate to looking good when things get ratcheted up to the next level.

BUT, if one looks bad at their pro day or in the preseason it doesn't bode well for regular season success.

No way to view this for Bridgewater as anything but a negative.

Alan

Legend
Write ups I've read didn't pan his workout, they just didn't think it was special. Hopefully any teams that were interested are still interested.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Had his pro day today and according to NFL network he threw poorly,they said NONE of the top three QB's are top five pick worthy.

That's kind of been my position all along.
Of course I'm not a professional talent scout. :)

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I agree. We've gotten spoiled with all the trade backs, if we don't get one there's plenty of top talent at #2, but I'd love to trade down a spot or two before we pick our tackle or WR.
If I don't get my tradeback thus yr I am going to stomp my feet, yell & scream.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If a team is able to convince themselves that there is one less top QB that's fine by me.

True. If Bortles lights it up at his Pro day it may help generate trade interest. Supply and demand. But again, I would be fine with picking where we are.....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I agree that the process is crazy in that regard - but as a scout and a GM, if you can't even throw a good ball without pads on, no defenders coming at you, no actual gameplan, and with the receivers that you're familiar with - what kind of conclusion are they supposed to draw? The Kid elected to not throw at the combine, his fault. This is the risk you take.

Those concerns about the level of competition probably doesn't help now...

If I was a scout, I would take this as only a part of my evaluation. It would only mean there's a potential downside if my team took him. But if the benefits outweighs a negative outlier, then to me this would be meaningless. In other words this pro day wouldn't be a yes or a no.

iced

If I was a scout, I would take this as only a part of my evaluation. It would only mean there's a potential downside if my team took him. But if the benefits outweighs a negative outlier, then to me this would be meaningless. In other words this pro day wouldn't be a yes or a no.

I didn't mean it would make my whole evaluation - but it might make a difference if two guys are graded similar or it could drop him...

Poor guy - he just ruined any chance at a championship, he's totally viking bound now

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-decision-to-shed-glove-for-pro-day-workout/
Bridgewater explains decision to shed glove for Pro Day workout
Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewaterhas been wearing a glove during most games for the past couple of years. For his Pro Day workout on Monday, he shed the glove.

Shaun King asked Bridgewater about the decision during an interview that will air on Monday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN.

“Well, when I was training down in Florida you know its 80 degree weather, sunny every day,” Bridgewater said. “So I was out there throwing without the glove and just letting it rip, so I felt confident coming into this process, coming today that I trained without the glove so I could throw on Pro Day without the glove. So that was the biggest thing that led to that decision.”

Bridgewater also explained that doesn’t emulate any one quarterback. Instead, he tries to incorporate some of what each of them does best.

“I try to pattern my game after all them because each guy brings something different to the table,” Bridgewater said. “Peyton Manning, he’s quick with the football, he’s very smart. Tom Brady, he’s a winner, a competitor. Aaron Rodgers, he’s a big arm, could throw on the run, he’s mobile. Drew Brees, decisiveness. The list goes on and on but that’s just a sample of what I try to take away from each guy.”

To hear all of the interview, including Bridgewater’s pitch for being the first pick in the draft, dial up NBCSN at 5:30 p.m. ET.

And if you won’t be home by 5:30 p.m. ET, set your DVR. And while you’re at it, set your DVR to record the show every day.

RamsFan14

Starter
Yea... If he's going to wear a glove when he plays, why not train with a glove? Idk if I agree with is decision... Looks like it could bite him in the a$$

Ram_of_Old

I saw that report. I heard his hands are pretty small also. That could really be a disadvantage in the NFL.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
As an armchair GM...if my team needed a qb as in one desperately like I don't know the Cleveland Browns. If we stayed at 1.4 we would not hesitate and select Bridgewater over Bortles and Manziel. .
Let him and Hoyer battle it out. Bortles and Manziel off different sets of intangibles. But I'm taking what he's done on the field not so much at a "Pro Day". JMO

laramsoriginal

Starter
Browns should have kept weeden and just drafted Watkins at #4 and another OL at 26. Since weeden sucks, Browns would still be drafting in the top 5 next year to draft a QB

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, I've seen what he can do when it matters so this just doesn't matter to me. Watching him in games like:

Florida - Constantly hit and pressured and yet makes a number of big time throws

Miami - That ball he floated while on the run was one of the best throws I've seen all year

Houston - So many NFL style timing routes into tight windows

UCF - That back-shoulder throw to Parker was one hell of a throw

The only glaring flaw in all the film work I've done on Bridgewater that I see is his deep ball. It's not accurate. IMO, it's because of his weight transfer and footwork. He's under-striding which leads to him not driving the football like he should. This both can cause the ball to sail and can cause under-throws...we see Bridgewater have both of these issues. He needs to step into his deep throws and drive harder off his back foot.

I'm not concerned about his frame.

But what stands out are his pocket presence and movement, his ability to fit the ball in tight windows, his blitz recognition skills, his quick and effortless release(although it's low for a shorter QB), his tremendous timing...I could go on for days. This kid is going to be good one...especially if he lands with a QB Coach that can iron out his deep ball issues.

oldramfan

bigramfan1966
I think we're in a win-win situation. If we trade back, it won't be far and we still get a blue chipper. If we don't we get exactly what we want. I personally want us to trade back and hopefully get another #1 for next year in case Bradford doesn't work out this year.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I've said all along, Bortles > Bridgewater. Is it really this shrouded in mystery? Bortles is the only one showcasing his talents readily and doing it at a superior level.

Alan

Legend
oldramfan jumping into the shallow end:
I think we're in a win-win situation. If we trade back, it won't be far and we still get a blue chipper. If we don't we get exactly what we want. I personally want us to trade back and hopefully get another #1 for next year in case Bradford doesn't work out this year.
Welcome to the ROD old! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting: :seizure: :rockon: :cheers:

If you're old you'll fit right in here. Of course we have a lot of young guys too but we keep a tight rein on them.

“I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap.”
Ani DiFranco

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself in the "Re: Introduce Yourself" thread?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Small hand and a small frame do not work out well in the NFL.

I was disappointed in his throwing at his pro day as well having seen him make plays consistently on film. Unfortunately, there are one or two red flags regarding his size/skills that mean he might not be fought over at the top of the draft which is of course bad news for us!