Brian Quick??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
The Rams were looking for a big receiver and Quick fit the bill at 6'3" and 220 lbs. Unfortunately size and talent was not enough in his case, there was something missing from the equation
The-Lights-Are-On-But-Nobodys-Home-.gif

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Quick probably gets cut right after the draft. Once the new staff has had a chance to draft and sign UDFAs, Quick will be on his way.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see it.
With some of the trash I've seen at WR, and how deep rosters are in pre-season, to think Brian Quick cant find his way on to any team seems a little outlandish. Far away from the Rams? No doubt. Out of the NFL for good? Heck no. I think anyone who suffered thru years of Jeff Fisherball deserves at least one shot with someone who has a clue

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick probably gets cut right after the draft. Once the new staff has had a chance to draft and sign UDFAs, Quick will be on his way.
Doesn't need to be cut, he's a UFA. He's not a Ram any more

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With some of the trash I've seen at WR, and how deep rosters are in pre-season, to think Brian Quick cant find his way on to any team seems a little outlandish. Far away from the Rams? No doubt. Out of the NFL for good? Heck no. I think anyone who suffered thru years of Jeff Fisherball deserves at least one shot with someone who has a clue

Teams generally take flyers on guys who have bad attitudes but have shown the ability to produce on the field or guys who have great attitudes but haven't produced yet for whatever reason. Quick combines a bad attitude with a lack of production. He might get a camp shot somewhere, but I wouldn't take a flyer on him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is Brian Quick still a thing around here?

Bruce2980

Starter
No. I think he should never play in the NFL again after the crap he pulled last year. The Rams need leaders, not quitters.

This team needs a culture change, not to re-sign one of the worst offenders of the old toxic culture.
IF Brian Quick quite on the Rams during a game, which seems to be the consensus with the fans that watched, this real, and not pretend coaching staff, will see to it that he is not going to be a LA Ram this season. I'm sure that the beans have been spilled on one on one talks with the new staff about the cancer on the team. How many "Fisher Rams" are left any how?

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Lol no but I'm curious , I always thought he had nfl talent and had flashes of productivity. He was blamed alot for running the wrong routes but I honestly wouldn't mind him coming back and playing in a real offense
He certainly has NFL athletism.....skill level however??

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, I'm blaming him for flat-out QUITTING on routes where he wasn't the primary target. You want an example? Dig up the highlights from the London game last year -- Case's 4th and final interception was a direct result of Quick totally stopping on his route.

He should be required by law to officially change his name to Brian QUIT.
You are wrong.
He ran his route which was a stop route. Keemun signaled to run to the endzone as he had a match up advantage. This was addressed after the game. It is fairly obvious as you can see Keenum signal him and then throw a big rainbow jump ball kind of pass. Keenum, being a veteran who has learned, saw a blitz coming and Quick with a favorable match up. Quick, being a veteran who has not learned saw nothing....so, Keenum throws a rainbow and Quick ran his stop route....pic.
If your going to bash the guy.....the pic was on Quick but not be cause he "quit" his route.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Dear sweet baby Jesus,

Why are people still making Brian Quick post?
I just wanted to say "wow" such a tiny question and you received at least 1 rating option of all the available options, thats awesome LMAO

:hiding:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He also converted a 4th and long to get to that point. Quick is bad but he has enough talent where he'll get another shot somewhere because he has occasional flashes of brilliance, even if they truly are rare
That's the problem. Those flashes of brilliance should have been more that just flashes. The guy is 28 yrs old now. How long can he survive on his potential to be good.

I think Quick could have been great, if he wasn't such a knucklehead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Old regime is over. If they decide to try him again, I just have to hope they know. The guy has tools but doesn't appear to have the will or way to use them. If however the new staff can get that out of him, I'm good with it.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That's the problem. Those flashes of brilliance should have been more that just flashes. The guy is 28 yrs old now. How long can he survive on his potential to be good.

I think Quick could have been great, if he wasn't such a knucklehead.

For sure, but teams are so desperate to find good receivers he'll get more chances whether he should or not. Some team will say "We can do a lot more with him than the Rams did".

It's dumb but it's the way it is. There are some bad WRs getting signed every week for similar potential that's never reached.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Teams generally take flyers on guys who have bad attitudes but have shown the ability to produce on the field or guys who have great attitudes but haven't produced yet for whatever reason. Quick combines a bad attitude with a lack of production. He might get a camp shot somewhere, but I wouldn't take a flyer on him.
You seem to not be able to discern Quick getting a flyer elsewhere with getting one with the Rams. I am not endorsing the Rams bringing him back under any circumstances, but clearly he has the ability to get a shot elsewhere. And if we condemned every player who quit on the Rams last year, we'd have a lot more holes to fill on the defensive side of the ball

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. He has shown some skill, in fact when he had the 3 td catches early in the year and was getting open deep, many of us thought the light bulb finally went on. That's what gets a guy a camp invite and a chance to compete. Not a job per se, he's got to earn that. Part of me just feels really bad for any young offensive player who was forced to cut his teeth in the NFL playing for Fisher and this dreadful offense of the past 3 years in particular

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You seem to not be able to discern Quick getting a flyer elsewhere with getting one with the Rams. I am not endorsing the Rams bringing him back under any circumstances, but clearly he has the ability to get a shot elsewhere. And if we condemned every player who quit on the Rams last year, we'd have a lot more holes to fill on the defensive side of the ball

I discern it just fine. You aren't getting that I am saying that I wouldn't give him one, whether or not it is the Rams or another team.